Boogie - discussion thread & opinion poll

How do you rate Boogie? (vote only after playing)

• 10 (Genre defining)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 (Outstanding)

• 8 (Excellent)

• 6 (Above average)

• 3 (Bad)

• 2 (Very poor)

• 1 (Appalling)

• Total voters

Sly Fly

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Can't see anything posted previously about this game.

I was wondering if anyone had bought it, and if it's worth a purchase.

I saw a review of it on Gamer.tv and they said it was pretty good, but IGN have given it an awful score claiming the control mechanism lets it down drastically.

Can anyone confirm / deny this and state whether it'd be a decent party game ???

Seen it in GAME and HMV at the weekend and may have picked it up if cheap but its £49.99 with the microphone.

Indeed. Cheapest I can see it for is £37.99 but, like you say, that's pricey if it is indeed a mediocre game...

I was going to get this for me and the mrs to have a laugh but the review put me off.

Added an opinion poll to go along with CAS FANs Reivew Score Index thread.

Not sure if it's going to be of any use.

Nobody here seems to have bought the game. :D

It got a good review in the latest edition of N-Revolution.. they said it was a great party game that worked really well - 8.1 / 10.

Indeed. Cheapest I can see it for is £37.99 but, like you say, that's pricey if it is indeed a mediocre game...

I've ordered it from Gamechimp for £29.99 with free delivery but I think they may have now sold out. Will get the kids (age 8 & 14) to test drive it when it arrives and feed back here.
Regards

Dave

Can anybody tell me if it is a USB or Wireless Microphone please? If it is USB would any USB mic work (such as Singstar ones) in which case can you buy Boogie anywhere as just the game, without the included (and charged for!) Mic???
Thanks.

No interest in it whatsoever, but i have never liked these types of games. Thought about it initially but dont think id ever get any use out of it.

Bought it, clocked it, traded it in for Mario.

The bird was really interested in it and it was a medium amount of fun. The most annoying thing was the fact that you couldn't get really funky will the controls - no extra score for going double time or anything like that.

With a couple of beers, it's a 6/10.

In my rush to set Boogie up for my children, I hit German language by mistake and cannot get in to it to change it back to English. Can anyone tell me how to change it back? You can imagine the stick I'm getting!!!!!:rotfl:

I dont have the the game but I would have thought if you delete any saved data then it would reset the game to default.

I have it and to me its definitely an 'average' game only

Shaz

I don't get it, what's average about this game? It's pick up the mic and sing into it .. end of manual, surely?

What marks this out as being bad when Singstar is good. Apologies but I've never played Boogie so I dunno much about it, if someone can advise on this?

Also, can you download tracks for this thru the Wii?

I have had this for sometime and can't remember when I last played it. Good for a bit of a laugh after drinks but not one of those games you would play a lot. However a 10yo girl would probably love it.

The dancing element of the game is pretty poor, I would recommend Dancing Stage Hottest party if someone was after a game which involved dancing.

The singing is good fun especially in a party situation with a few drinks but it is limited to the songs that come with the game, although these are a mix of older and newer pop music songs. I am pretty sure you can't download extra songs for this through the Wii.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom