Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Discussion thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 65413
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 65413

This video has just been released, for Final Fantasy CC: The Crystal Bearers. The game looks absolutely fantastic and has really changed from E3 last year. Definetly has a more mature overall look to it.

One of the best looking games on the Wii so far. :thumbsup:

http://www.ffccnews.jp/2007/05/85.html

ffcc013.jpg

ffcc009.jpg

ffcc007.jpg

Stunning!

I never bought the original CC on the cube, played a small bit of it on a demo pod and thought it was :censored: .

This looks more promising though, more like a cross between a proper FF game and Zelda.

Looks very like Skies of Arcadia.

Not a bad thing at all, Skies of Arcadia was a great game. Always preferred it's original title Eternal Arcadia though.......

I cant wait for this title now. I enjoyed Crystal Chronicles on the GC but this is a different league so far. I also prefer realtime combat in RPGs.

More info:

The decision to split a focused sub-series of the Final Fantasy brand is a novel one. We asked the team why they felt the need to develop two different experiences under the Crystal Chronicles banner. "The original concept for the first Crystal Chronicles game was to create an action orientated take on the Final Fantasy world.," explained Kawazu. "Ring of Fates is really the direct successor to that title while Crystal Bearers, the Wii game, is taking a new direction.

"While it's still action orientated, with the Wii game we've chosen to focus on the experience of the solo player in immaculate detail. This game will be the more story driven of the two and will really play like an interactive adventure storybook. It will also use the Wii's unique hardware to its advantage. The protagonist has a fire type weapon that will be shot with the controller's trigger and, likewise, an airship will be controlled by tilting the Wii controller. We have lots of clever ideas for how to integrate the Wii's functions into the game mechanics."

Most importantly stating that the game is a single player title and thankfully has dropped the multiplayer aspect that the gamecube version had. Tasty!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom