Batallion Wars 2 [WiFi multiplayer] - discussion thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 65413
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 65413

Its one of those titles you seem to forget about and dont hear much of. I loved the first one though and im expecting big things from this one.

Graphics have definetly improved from the earlier build and its now starting to look really good. Shouldnt be too long until release either. Q4 possibly.

Latest shot:

53751520070222_133302_0_big.jpg

Some others: (sorry for the small size)

screenshot_008.jpg
screenshot_010.jpg
screenshot_012.jpg

Love the Stone Henge there in the background:D

I heard a couple of rumours lately that they are now backtracking with the online support & it might not have online play after all, hope those rumours aren't true:rolleyes:

I didn't get to play the first one so will be pretty interested to see how this one pans out.

The big picture looks anti-aliased to me. I wonder if it's a real ingame shot or simply "representative" of gameplay.

Looking good! Cheers for the screens Kube, see you hosted them a better size for the forums this time aswell(not too big to require scrolling):thumbsup:

It's all been very quite around BWII lately, hope it's still on track for this year, good to see the WiFi logo on the boxart as I hadn't heard WiFi actually confirmed yet.

Yeah, its good news. A few online battles on this good be a real winner.

Please excuse my ignorance, is this like a modern take on the command and conquer games?

It's a spin off of the GBA and DS Advance Wars games but in 3D. In essence it's a turn based strategy game. It's similar to C And C although that franchise is real time strategy.

It's a spin off of the GBA and DS Advance Wars games but in 3D. In essence it's a turn based strategy game. It's similar to C And C although that franchise is real time strategy.

I don't think Batallion Wars is turn based like Advance Wars so more like a real time version of that game in 3D.

Looking forward to it as I never got around to buying the original Gamecube version despite it sitting in my "must buy" list for months.

I don't think Batallion Wars is turn based like Advance Wars so more like a real time version of that game in 3D.

Looking forward to it as I never got around to buying the original Gamecube version despite it sitting in my "must buy" list for months.

I haven't played the original Battalion Wars so as it was based on Advance Wars I presumed they would be the same. If the Battalion Wars games are real time then they would ofcourse be similar to the C And C games.

I'm playing the original BW on my Gamecube now. (NTSC/480pversion) I bought it a couple of weeks ago off Ebay with the intention of doing this one before the Wii one finally lands. It's really cool. The buggy in one of the pics above is identical to this one which I'm not sorry about 'cause it controls brilliantly, it's great to drive & looks mega cute. I'm off to learn more, so far so good. :smashin:

This game is brilliant!! The last mission was classic. First rescue some captives, oh there's a light armored tank in the way, send the bazooka squad to keep that busy, I'll sneak in round the side with my riflemen. Great, freed my guys & using their recon quad bike I'm off cross country, being shot at by everyone, tanks, bazookas, riflemen. What's that the bridge is down, no worries evil kenevil eat your heart out, road blocks, rivers to jump, woods to meander through, it's all here, it's like the great escape! & it's not over. Finally reach my camp, no time to celebrate it's now time to defend, but this time in my tank! the rest they say is history. Scored an A for that mission, technique 90+ :smashin:

The Wii version should be amazing especially with wifi. OMG!! Wifi, I can only imagine after playing it tonight now brilliant that would be! :thumbsup:

Yeah, its good news. A few online battles on this good be a real winner.

Just noticed an a co-op mode will be included:cool: wonder if that mode will be online playable aswell, will be a winner if so.

Mind you Nintendo need to hurry up and announce a headset for voice comm support:lease: Games like this(assuming it is WiFi co-op) and Endless Ocean where online co-op modes are included, some form of voice communication is pretty essential IMO.

Kuju-developed warfare will be kicking off on Wii on September 24 when Battalion Wars 2 (or BWii for short) hits US stores, according to the latest issue of official US Nintendo magazine, Nintendo Power.

Battalion Wars 2 is the sequel to the late-arriving GameCube battle original. In it, you control cartoon-like tanks, infantry and other meaty military hardware in chaotic but strategic battles with opposing forces.

The new Wii game will bring not only new controls but also three multiplayer modes (Assault, Skirmish and Co-op), new vehicles and the added ability to capture buildings.

Mind you Nintendo need to hurry up and announce a headset for voice comm support:lease: Games like this(assuming it is WiFi co-op) and Endless Ocean where online co-op modes are included, some form of voice communication is pretty essential IMO.

Considering how Nintendo seem to be concerned ( unwarranted or not ) about the dangers to children presented by online communication I'm not sure if we will ever see that.

I think the only solution might be to use Skype, Xbox Live or the PSN depending on what you have access to whilst playing online on the Wii.

I'm pretty disappointed with Nintendo again over this bearing in mind it's only 2 weeks to release of BW2, why do they insist on keeping information about upcoming games to a bear minimum so close to release, it was the same with MP3:C:confused:

According to kotaku(it sounds as though they were given the same playtest) apparently they were given a very limited 2 minute hands-on with the game, restricted to multiplayer(not including co-op) only.

As you can see from their impressions they put about the same amount of effort into their hands-on preview, actually I like the way they wrote it as it does sum up effort(or lack of) from Nintendo concerning alot of their games.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/wii/2-minutes-with-battalion-wars-2-311082.php

Kuju's second military action game in the Battalion Wars series, Battalion Wars 2, aka BWii, comes out in two weeks, so Nintendo was nice enough to feature a two minute, two-player hands-on experience at their recent media event. I'll dedicate two minutes to writing about it.

Fair enough some games these days get overhyped, but when you've had a game on preorder for months it's nice to be able to read a bit about the game before the thing goes into the "processing" stage of being despatched.

Think I'm going to cancel my preorder for now and wait for the reviews to arrive before re-ordering, there just isn't enough info on the game to take a blind risk IMO and I'm not a gambling man when moneys tight.

Hopefully some proper reviews should be up for BWii tomorrow(well, today in UK time) as that's when it gets released in the US.

In the meantime I did just find a very nice preview which shows the game in a lot more detail than any of the previous hands-on previews.

http://wiinintendo.net/2007/10/27/10-minutes-of-battalion-wars-ii/

Must admit I was very impressed with the looks of the game in that video and the controls sound perfect! Hope this game gets some good reviews now, my CoD4 preorder isn't set in stone and could always be changed to BWii if it sounds tempting enough.

Gamespots review is up - 7.5/10

HERE.

Not bad, sounds a bit weak on the strategy side of things, but it seems a polished game with decent online play. :)

Im a bit disappointed by that score but they seem quite positive about it to be honest.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom