Marvel: Ultimate Alliance discussion thread

This is out now! Anyone got it? I just got my XBox360 copy, so won't be getting it on the Wii, but would like to know how they use the Wiimote interactivity in the game.

Ok played for a couple of hours now. The remote is used to shake side to side and move up and down for the different hits. The nunchuck is used to move and by tilting it rotates the camera. Its a great little beat em up/rpg so far and while I only have 2 nunchucks the multiplayer is great fun. The graphics are no doubt worse than the 360 version but still are nice enough on the eye and certainly not basic.

The only slight thing I'll mention because for some on this forum it will probably really annoy is on my TV there is some small black borders either side of the screen (3/4" on a 32" LCD). I didn't notice during play but more on the FMV movies and when I sat back and watched someone else play. If anyone is bothered I can probably upload a pic.

Ok played for a couple of hours now. The remote is used to shake side to side and move up and down for the different hits. The nunchuck is used to move and by tilting it rotates the camera. Its a great little beat em up/rpg so far and while I only have 2 nunchucks the multiplayer is great fun. The graphics are no doubt worse than the 360 version but still are nice enough on the eye and certainly not basic.

The only slight thing I'll mention because for some on this forum it will probably really annoy is on my TV there is some small black borders either side of the screen (3/4" on a 32" LCD). I didn't notice during play but more on the FMV movies and when I sat back and watched someone else play. If anyone is bothered I can probably upload a pic.

I wouldn't mind :smashin:

I tried my best although the pics would probably be better taken during the day. Had to take them with lights off and no flash then raise the brightness by 12 in photoshop to try and highlight the borders a bit. Hopefully you can get the general idea though.

marveltitle.jpg

marvelmovie.jpg

marvelingame.jpg

I'm using the madcatz component cable with the wii set to 480p and widescreen so this looks to be how the game is designed I believe. As I said earlier its not a problem for me but I know from the VC threads that a lot of others hate any borders at all.

Well in the Wii menu and other games there are no borders so I believe its something in the games format but I could be wrong. Maybe its a rent first when the chance arrives to see if you get the borders.

LOL! I don't mind that much as not to buy the game because of the borders :rotfl: That would be silly.

:D

Maybe not yourself but I've seen the discussions on this forum so I thought I'd mention it lol. Don't want to be strung up by angry buyers :rotfl:

I've just returned this game. I thought it was shocking. The graphics are poor, the action is chaotic and fighting is random.

The controls on the wii are clearly an afterthought. It is harder and less productive using the wiimote to fight when you can just use the buttons instead of spinning your arm around like a nutter.

If you like the game then go for it, but I'd advise getting it on another system, this realease has been shoehorned onto the Wii. This really isn't what the Wii is designed for.

Also, don't be fooled by the gamer action photo's on the back of the case. Very misleading.

I've just returned this game. I thought it was shocking. The graphics are poor, the action is chaotic and fighting is random.

The controls on the wii are clearly an afterthought. It is harder and less productive using the wiimote to fight when you can just use the buttons instead of spinning your arm around like a nutter.

If you like the game then go for it, but I'd advise getting it on another system, this realease has been shoehorned onto the Wii. This really isn't what the Wii is designed for.

Also, don't be fooled by the gamer action photo's on the back of the case. Very misleading.

Couldn't agree more, terrible game. I thought I'd have Spidey filling about half my screen & actually making Spidey movements through skyscapers & alike. Instead it's a poor game, not benefiting of the Wii technology & terrible/tiny graphics which you can't make out. Not only that but in 1 player mode the other 3 characters just get in your way.

Unfortunately my 9 year old loves it so it's here to stay :(

Very much or a love or hate game as said originally. If you have a 360 then it is probably a better title on there but if you only have a wii I dont find it that bad. Yes the gestures are inaccurate at times and for melee bashing the A button is less tiresome but the story and multiplayer aspect is good fun.

Its probably another one of those rent first titles for some.

OK 10 hours in now, had to stop playing Zelda and Red Steel to get some more time on this game. My thoughts haven't changed much in that time. The melee sections I'm using the a button onstead of shaking the remote left and right as its just too tiresome. The rest of the gestures are fine for me after I calibrated them properly and got used to making sure I was using the right gestures with the gesture feedback tool at the bottom of the screen.

I think this game has a great story line but its simply one of those we've seen before and hence the controls just dont feel natural at the start. If you have a couple of super hero fan friends then its an essential purchase otherwise rent and see what you think.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom