Sky+ recordings

mlipm

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just bought a Humax Freesat box but still have recordings on the Sky+ box I've yet to watch. I have to give Sky 30 days notice so I assume during this 30 days the sky box will still work OK. If I disconnect the satellite feed from the sky+ box to connect it to the Humax will I still be able to watch the recorded programmes until my subscription expires.

Also I read somewhere that you can pay Sky a one off fee and use the old sky box as a a free view box but without and recording facilities. Is this true and how much does is cost and where can I get a channel listing for this.

Many thanks.

If you disconnect the Sky box completely from the satellite dish you won't be able to use it at all - not even for recordings still on the hard drive. While it is still connected to the dish, and while you are in your 30 days notice period, you should still be able to watch/record to your heart's content.

You can use the Sky box as a FTA box (and a FTV box with your expired Sky card still in the box) without paying Sky anything - as long as it is connected to your satellite dish. Pay them a tenner a month, and you can record the free channels as well.

The new Humax box has a though connection on dish connection 1, do you think this will be enough to keep it working? Are the channels the same as freesat using the sky+ box without subscription?

Many thanks for you help.

The Sky box has more channels on its EPG than a Freesat box (including many more radio channels) - but in effect they are the same.

Passthrough will only work for 25% of the channels - if the Sky box wants to access a channel which is on a different polarity or a different high/low setting to the settings for the Freesat box, it won't be able to access the channel. You really need individual connections from each input on the digiboxes to a different port on the LNB.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom