Kane & Lynch Dead Men Xbox 360 reviews

How do you rate Kane & Lynch Dead Men?

• Total voters

durera

Prominent Member
Reaction score
51MDxzI91CL._AA280_.jpg

What do you think of Kane and Lynch? Perhaps more famous for the controversy surrounding the firing of a gamespot editor following a less than glowing review of the game than as a standout game to play. Don't worry, we won't ban anyone that doesn't give the game a good review ;)

Please leave a vote based on the description best fitting your opinion, only after you've played the game enough to comment -- votes cannot be changed at a later date.

I gave it a "Good". There are a lot of things I loved about this game : visuals / story / characters / guns but there are to many negatiove points to bring it down. Namely, the AI is a bit shoddy / too short / controls aren't as finely tuned as other games.

All in all, nowhere near as bad as some reviews and well worth a shout if you can get it cheap - the story in particular is absolutely cracking with a great ending where you get to choose how it ends :thumbsup:

With better AI and a longer story mode it would have had a much better score.

I agree with everything eec3 said. Personally i find it easier to get through a flawed game with an excellent story rather than an excellent game with a flawed story.

For sheer filmic quality i'd say this game has to be at least tried.

loved this game, cant put my finger on why, think it was the story and action...so I gave it very good.

Hmm, can be had quite cheap on amazon used. Debating whether to get it or not.

...i think its underrated....it was hyped too much ,like Assassins creed and everyone was expecting way too much.....i didn't buy it till after xmas and paid £25 for it. Well worth it, its got a good story, good graphics and the opening few scenes are excellent.

definatley one to try for the experience.....

I gave it an average. The opening levels are good fun, and escaping from the prison at the start in co-op is a good laugh, but I just don't think it has enough to offer to keep me coming back to it. Don't think I've played it for months now.. it's still better than Army of Two however! :smashin:

I gave it 'Below Average'. I rented this a few days ago and thought the story and the cinematics were very good, i really got in to the story. Where this game falls over for me is in the glitches.

The first i noticed was the aiming, i would sometimes have to use a whole clip to kill 1 enemy as most of the bullets passed through without causing damage.

Another glitch I came across quite often was teammates not following. Some levels ask you to 'get to the van with all teamates'. It can be a pain getting to the van after gunning down 20 guys only to find that one of your team has not moved from the starting area. Walking back to get him doesn't seem to help either as he won't move. Only way to sort this was to restart the level. I've sometimes gone back to get teammates only to find them fused in to a wall or concrete pillar.

There was also a glitch I noticed with the controls. I always play with y-axis inverted and the aiming speeded up. I counted at least 5 occasions where I would be in the middle of a gunfight and the controls would revert back to default!!

So overall I would say rent this game before you decide to buy, if you can get past the glitches and poor AI then this could actually be quite enjoyable. Also it is quite short, I did about 70% of it on the second day I had it so renting might be ther better option here.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom