John Woo Presents: Stranglehold Xbox 360 reviews

What would you rate Stranglehold?

• Total voters

durera

Prominent Member
Reaction score
51kJFHFxIdL._SS500_.jpg

So, what did you make of John Woo Presents: Stranglehold then? Post your impressions, and please leave a vote in our poll (be aware, it will leave your name next to your score - if you've already voted, you can see who gave what scores by clicking on the numbers to the right of the bars).

A 10 should only be given for a landmark game that sets new rules, a 9 for a truly excellent game without a fundamental flaw, and an average game that does things right but nothing special should get a 5 (not a 7 like some reviews would have you believe).

EDIT: If you've already written a review in the "Stranglehold - wow" thread, feel free to post it here for comment too, and please only vote if you've played enough of the game to comment.

My quick reveiw.

Not a bad game but a bit short,too linear and a bit to repetetive(take on small army,stand off.......take on small army,stand off etc) BUT not a bad game for a quick thrash if your short on time.

5 Average

I gave it a 7 but admittedly haven't finished the game yet, got 2 levels left.
Nice no brainer shoot em up, good fun with a few good achievements that give it that little bit more replay factor. Quite a short game so far playing it on normal difficulty. Can't comment on mutliplayer yet, will try out at the weekend and edit this post.

I've not finished it but i am enjoying it...Have a feeling it may get slightly repetative and from what I hear and read it's a bit short

I have given it a seven

i gave it 7.

its a good game but its a bit samey after a bit and the multiplayer isnt good, but then again i always said it would be a play it - complete it - sell it game.

got maost of the achievements but ones like hard - boiled im not bothering with as its far too hard.

As a John Woo fan I love the whole concept behind the game. However as others have said it certainly isn't up there with the likes of Bioshock etc. Graphics are okay, gameplay is good (I particularly like the bullet time and the different Tequila bombs) but a little repetetive. Ideal for a quick blast every couple of days in between playing some of the more 'serious' games out there.

I have completed the game, and returned to acquire 650 of the achievements, so I feel I am qualified to review the game.

I personally enjoyed the game alot. I gave it 8. I found the game, apart from the end of Level 2 very, very fun, and it suits my tastes in game.

The game plays well, with generally good controls, a nice mix of gameplay, and the Tequila Time is a fantastic addition to the 3rd Person Shooter.

Graphics are good, they aren't brilliant, but good enough. The game is a bit short, but if you want to get the Achievements you can easily log an additional 5 hours getting the SP ones.
There are the occassional problems such as long load times, and camera issues, but these are minor annoyances.

The major problem is Multiplayer, the person that decided that when you respawn you have no Tequila Bombs and just pistols was an idiot. Add to that a player getting a full Tequila Bomb Gauge for a kill, and the Rocket launcher or Heavy Machine gun being so over-powered, the person who kills you has a ridiculous advantage of Barrage or Spin attack with the Rocket Launcher the instant you spawn, if you die first, you are doomed to lose the game.
I haven't had much online play as I got the game in January, and finding a match is hard, maybe when it launched online was better with full rooms, but with just 2/3 people in a room it is terrible. Also Tequila Time is very watered down in multiplayer, maybe due to connection limitations.

The game gets 8 from me as a Single Player experience. Taking into account MP it gets a 6. But as I buy games for the SP I will give it an 8 as I don't care that th MP is poor.

This can get a 6 for me.

I managed to get a copy for free (Promo copY) and was one of my first games on the 360. At first I thought it was great and I like the novel idea of Tequila time and the different shooting mechanisms however once you master these and get a fair bit into the game it becomes very repetive.

Its not a bad game, I just feel that whilst intially it trys to set itself apart from the crowd (and does) it then falls into the trap of trying to relay of this unique selling point without developing the game content and is very linear as another poster mentioned.

6 is better than average (I think people get carried away with ratings!)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom