Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree - discussion thread & opinion poll

How do you rate Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree? (vote only after playing)

• 10 (Genre defining)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 (Outstanding)

• 7 (Good)

• 4 (Below average)

• 3 (Bad)

• 2 (Very poor)

• 1 (Appalling)

• Total voters

BrianC

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anybody picking this up when it comes out tomorrow?

Shopto have this down for a £18 release tomorrow. I'm not expecting this to be a life changing event but for a budget release it looks like a good value family multiplayer game.

I ordered it from play.com yesterday they have it at £16.99, it looks like a good fun multiplayer game.

Asda selling it for £17.72 if you want to get it in-store tomorrow.

Unfortunately I have BBA on the DS, and this Wii offering doesn't look too different (so I may give it a miss).

I've both the DS brain games and the only reason I'm picking this up is for the multiplayer.

My copy from shopto have shipped so I should get it tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Typical, I could have got it a bit cheaper.

Had a go with my copy over lunch. Its not too bad, a bit simplistic even compared to the DS versions but reasonable fun for what it costs. Multiplayer isn't bad either, an ideal way to waste half and hour or so.

My girlfriend bought this today on the way home from a pub lunch with quite a few drinks. Have to say we both are really enjoying this probably more than wario ware.

I'm also loving the fact that I'm thrashing my girlfriend about 30 games to 0!
Yeah come on 'ave it!!! :smashin: :D :rotfl: :devil: :clap:

:( uh oh bored of this now! Loved it at first but it now has become very repetitive and doesn't seem to have anything else to offer. :thumbsdow

Probably a game more suited to the DS then the Wii.

I think its more suited as a quick party game than something you play over and over by yourself or even with a small, regular group. The DS versions can just as easily become a chore if you over play them as well.

Its a budget title and needs to be looked as such as well.

It's still something I don't see lasting long, even Warioware got played for one drunken night but nobody really wanted to touch it again after that. And I can see this being the same. £18 might be cheap for a game, but it's still £18.

I got it from choices for about £15, it is a very simple logic game and I can't imagine anybody playing it single player but it's a good leveler for the family in multiplayer as the games are so basic everyone can play and compete instantly, it's even more straight forward than wario as it's geared around the logic puzzle more than any dexterity with the remote.

So if you're like me and have a wife that really isn't interested in anything other than brain training then it'll finally let you compete on the wii, in fact the big bonus is that thanks to this limited interest it means I actually get to switch the wii on !!!!:D

The wife got me to get this for her as she loves Brain Age on the DS and plays that every day, but we were really disappointed with this, everything is unlocked at the start and you've seen everything within an hour, after 2 hours in it just became really dull. Does anyone know if they are making a Wii version of Brain Age??

Are you saying that you played this for two hours straight? As I don't think that its meant to be played like that.

No, my wife and I played for about an hour on the first day and then about half an hour a couple of days later, a then just did the testing last night. So I'm still suprised there is so little to it, even at £15 it's not what I consider good value for money.

Having played this for nearly a week now, I've had 5 goes on the TEST. My best so far is 1259g ..........what's yours?

Got 1715 last week :) Now I can't get past about 1600 :D Add me if you want a little competition... :)

1st go 1128
2nd go 1199

once i get the hang of the games ill be fine

I just received my copy of Big Brain Academy from Virgin this morning and I think its been re-cased :/

It's come unsealed in a standard clear box and not the white one associated with all my other Wii games that I have, is this right or have they pulled a fast one?

I love it:) my 6 yr old daughter loves it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom