Aldi 47" LCD 1080

This is as much as i could find

Fully HD ready with 2 HDMIs
Integrated digital tuner for all Freeview channels
1920 × 1080 resolution
1600:1 Contrast Ratio
Free tilting wall bracket

No price - bugger!

Lets hope they got it right this time, cant wait to see the thread a week after release...

Fully HD ready with HDCP decoding and 2 HDMI inputs (480i/p, 576i/p, 720i/p, 1080i/p) • 1920 x 1080 resolution for ultimate
HD compatibility

Integrated digital tuner for receiving all free-to-air digital channels

LG Philips Grade A+LCD panel

2 x HDMI sockets

In plane switching

Progressive Scan

Teletext

Viewing angle 178°/178°

550cd/m2 Brightness

Aspect Ratio: 16:9

Displayable colours: 16.7 million colours

Response time: 8ms

Input type: Analogue Tuner and Digital Tuner (DVB-T), AV input (CVBS), S-Video input, PC input (D-Sub 15Pin), 2 x Scart inputs (full/half), 2 x HDMI inputs

99 programmes

Auto tuning system

Sleep timer

Audio Mute

AVC (Automatic Volume Correction)

Nicam stereo, 15W rms per channel digital audio amplifers

Picture-in-picture via external source

Carton Dimensions: 1325mm (W) x 1030mm
(H) x 485mm (D)

TV dimensions: 1040mm (W) x 741mm
(H) x 258mm (D)

Weight: TV 53kg/in box 58kg

Free tilting wall bracket worth up to £89.99

Free 3 year guarantee and helpline
worth up to £159.99

£1099.99 available Thursday 19/04

e-mail shot attached

just a note

check out the dimentions of the set?its not possible to fit a 47" screen into them so either the size dimentions are a typo or this is not a 47" screen.

i have the previous 40" lcd from aldi and my dimentions are only 30mm less width and about 30mm less in height.and if i take a tape measure to my set its 47"from corner to corner of the case.

also be aware that aldi do not give a 12 months satisfaction warranty anymore,its now only 30 days then you will be automatically passed onto a third party support/repair company.

im thinking of taking my 40" back with the hdmi dvd player that i purchased at the same time as the dvd player rarely plays a dvd first time of asking and the lcd seems to take an age to warm up.

im hoping to be able to get my money back as i purchased both the items before they implimented the new returns policy.

wish me luck :p

Lets hope they got it right this time, cant wait to see the thread a week after release...

Yup, there will be a lot of disgruntled customers in this thread, I think. Wondering why their TV doesn't perform as well as a £2.5K branded model. :rotfl:

I think one element some people are omitting in their price comparison is the RESOLUTION of the screen as well as size eg 46" v 47"

The Aldi is allegedly FULL 1080p resolution SCREEN
and specification specifically says 1920 x 1080
ie not just 47"
and not just 1080i/p input
but a 1080 DISPLAY panel.

Some of the compared sets may have a smaller 46" screen
and may accept 1080i (even 1080p) input...
but are also ONLY 720p resolution PANELS eg 1280x720 or 1366x768

And of course a 46" panel is approx 5% smaller in surface area than a 47" one.

SO guyz DO be careful in your comparisons - there is no right answer to which set is best for you and your preferences and budget - but make an INFORMED choice not a careless one.

might make a good PC screen :)

just a note

check out the dimentions of the set?its not possible to fit a 47" screen into them so either the size dimentions are a typo or this is not a 47" screen.

i have the previous 40" lcd from aldi and my dimentions are only 30mm less width and about 30mm less in height.and if i take a tape measure to my set its 47"from corner to corner of the case.

also be aware that aldi do not give a 12 months satisfaction warranty anymore,its now only 30 days then you will be automatically passed onto a third party support/repair company.

im thinking of taking my 40" back with the hdmi dvd player that i purchased at the same time as the dvd player rarely plays a dvd first time of asking and the lcd seems to take an age to warm up.

im hoping to be able to get my money back as i purchased both the items before they implimented the new returns policy.

wish me luck :p
Try telling that to the Law.

The retailer has to take all responsibility of the product for the first 12 months, its for them to arrange for it to be fixed, replaced and refunded etc.

If they tell you otherwise they are lying.

Having watched the threads resulting from several previous apparent "bargain" ALDI LCD/Plasma offerings I can only draw two conclusions.

1) The same or better spec will be available from upper brand manufacturers for a lower price within 6 months

2) The Aldi offering will be fraught with problems.

Don't buy it - wait and see!

surely if its a new tv it wouldnt go to the likse of aldi first tho would it

this seems starnge dont you think

how many people need a 1080p tv , not that many

surely if its a new tv it wouldnt go to the likse of aldi first tho would it

this seems starnge dont you think

how many people need a 1080p tv , not that many

I assume you are replying to my post above?

This spec can already be obtained from many well known brands at a higher price - my point is that if the track record is followed when this spec appears at Aldi then you can be sure you will see the big brands price drop such that in 6 months you can get their offerings for the same or less

Example:- Last August/September a lot of people fell over themselves to get the 40" HD Ready LCD from Aldi at £849 ( no digital tuner). In December you could get a Samsung 40" HD ready LCD with digital tuner for £832. I need to check but I think you can now get that spec from Samsung for over £100 less than that.

Has anyone read the advert referring to this set?

Fully HD ready with HDCP decoding and 2 HDMI inputs (480i/p, 576i/p, 720i/p, 1080i/p) • 1920 x 1080 resolution for ultimate
HD compatibility

Integrated digital tuner for receiving all free-to-air digital channels

LG Philips Grade A+LCD panel

2 x HDMI sockets

In plane switching

Progressive Scan

Teletext

Viewing angle 178°/178°

550cd/m2 Brightness

Aspect Ratio: 16:9

Displayable colours: 16.7 million colours

Response time: 8ms

Input type: Analogue Tuner and Digital Tuner (DVB-T), AV input (CVBS), S-Video input, PC input (D-Sub 15Pin), 2 x Scart inputs (full/half), 2 x HDMI inputs

99 programmes

Auto tuning system

Sleep timer

Audio Mute

AVC (Automatic Volume Correction)

Nicam stereo, 15W rms per channel digital audio amplifers

Picture-in-picture via external source

Carton Dimensions: 1325mm (W) x 1030mm
(H) x 485mm (D)

TV dimensions: 1040mm (W) x 741mm
(H) x 258mm (D)

Weight: TV 53kg/in box 58kg

Free tilting wall bracket worth up to £89.99

Free 3 year guarantee and helpline
worth up to £159.99

I have searched for LG models that match this but have been unable to find any.

Have a look at the third line - LG Philips Grade A+LCD panel

Does this mean that they may not be perfect, and who really manufacturers it?

Any clues?

Has anyone read the advert referring to this set?

I have searched for LG models that match this but have been unable to find any.

Have a look at the third line - LG Philips Grade A+LCD panel

Does this mean that they may not be perfect, and who really manufacturers it?

Any clues?

All that means is that LG/Philips made the actual screen part, not the whole set. Most LCD screens come from a relatively few suppliers. Budget LCDs are made up from third party components and assembled by a contract manufacturer. Nowadays it is the electronics that control the screen that have the biggest influence on picture quality (and price).

No mention of component input.

Why do all these tv's always come with 1 full scart and 1 1/2 scart, why can't they just have 2 full RGB scarts?

Looks like it's going to be a problem getting one of these as it's not going to fit in the back seat of the car like the 32" lcd I got from WW.

It'll mean phoning a taxi van, you'll need 2people to get it in the house.

It's been a while since I used Pythagoras' Theorem in anger but I beg to differ:

TV dimensions: 1040mm (W) x 741mm (H) x 258mm (D)

1040 X 1040 = 1081600
741 x 741 = 549081
108600 + 549081 = 1630681
SQRT of 1630681 = 1276.981206
convert mm to inches
1276.981206 mm = 50.27485057 inches

God it's good to have a pedant rant every now and again. That's assuming the red wine hasn't affected my logic. :D

I bought one of the 32" Aldi LCD sets last year- so far it has been very good no problems at all if you give it a clean signal.

I'm considering on of the 47" sets- if it really is 1080p then it's a bargain.

I bought the 40 inch lcd and it has been fantastic quality apart from the remote control that works intermittently! now I really want to get the 47 inch one and was willing to sell mine to enable me to get one. however reading this thread how plausable will it be for me to return the set for a refund the day before then getting the new one the next day? I still have all the packaging instructions etc...

you should be able to return it as we were sold them with a 12 month satisfaction warranty.after i had purchased my 40" i deliberatly asked each member of staff over the following couple of months about my rights regarding a full money back refund if i was not happy with the tv,and was always told that as long as i had my reciept and packaging and the product was under 12 months old that i would be given the refund.

But i have noticed that aldi have been changing their returns policies of late so im guessing that if you get the new 47" set you will have a 30 day satisfaction warranty to return to store for a refund if you not happy with the product.

i purchased the 40" set with plans to get a refund when the sony sets came down in price but they have taken their time so im going to hold out for another month before i get my refund.

The only 47 inch LG I could find on the internet was model number 47lf66. Even LG's own website doesn't mention any 47 inch LCD screens. I wonder if you were to go into Aldi there would be a model number on the box. Can find no reviews of this model at all(assuming t is this one)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom