New Pioneer range

GarethG

Established Member
Reaction score
Just been told in local Sevenoaks that they have been told the new Pioneer range is earlier than previously expected and will be in the shops within 2 months

Sorry to bump this but does anyone know if its accurate?

Will put off my purchase if it is!!

According to that bod, summer 2007 in the US. Not holding my breath for a May UK release then.

No chance of seeing the 8th generation units in the UK until sept./Oct. at the earliest. Recent article also suggests that initially the units will be in short supply.

Shame, Sept. is going to seem like forever. Looks potentially like Pioneers new displays are going to wipe the floor with all the existing UK competition.

..very interesting!...nice to see some details....but I'd like to know if they are going to upgrade the processing to the '16bit' (4096 grey levels) of the new 'FULL HD' panasonics...then the new pioneers will really be worth waiting for!

No chance of seeing the 8th generation units in the UK until sept./Oct. at the earliest. Recent article also suggests that initially the units will be in short supply.

Shame, Sept. is going to seem like forever. Looks potentially like Pioneers new displays are going to wipe the floor with all the existing UK competition.

I too have been told that the sets will be earlier by more than one source.

They are possibly looking at May and this is not the USA market.

By all accounts these sets are supposed to be stunning and they want to corner do not want rivals to gain market share.

They will not be short in supply because the existing production capacity is being diverted from the existing range which will finish early. This is why you are now seeing price drops on the existing range.

Normally you see Pana in May Pio in Oct, think you will see absolute bargins from Pana to try & compete.

I want to buy a new display, i sent my 4270xd back, and the samsung ps42q7hd follows that out of the door on weds. Can i wait til may, and how much will a 50 inch be in the new range ?

I was going to buy the 507 but this set doesn't do 1080 p
Is it worth waiting for the new sets.
I will be using my PS3 for Blu ray and will get a HD dvd deck when the price comes down a bit.
will I notice the differance with a 50" from 9 FT.

Dave.

I was going to buy the 507 but this set doesn't do 1080 p
Is it worth waiting for the new sets.
I will be using my PS3 for Blu ray and will get a HD dvd deck when the price comes down a bit.
will I notice the differance with a 50" from 9 FT.

Dave.

Have a look here

But the new sets will blow all existing sets away

The new standard sets will stiil be 1024"x768 42 & 1366x768 50"

www.cnet.com/4520-7874_1-5137915-1.html

Surley 8th gen 50" pio's will be 1080p if so then they won't be 1366 x 768 more likley 1920 x 1080 ?

Is it really necessary to go for 1080p ? it costs a lot more and lots of folks won`t see such a massive difference. I`d rather have a display with no major faults than 1080p and a few niggles. is this possible ? I`ve sent two tv`s abck in a month. Shall i wait for the newer model ? Argghh !! With all the probs with 7th gen pios, i may just have to. That`s if it really is may.

Surley 8th gen 50" pio's will be 1080p if so then they won't be 1366 x 768 more likley 1920 x 1080 ?

The 50" will be 1366x768
The 42" will be 1024x768

The replacement for the 5000 will be 1080p 1920x768

The cost of the new technology plus 1080p will make them very expensive.

And 1080p is just not neccessary really at 42" & 50"

The 50" will be 1366x768
The 42" will be 1024x768

The replacement for the 5000 will be 1080p 1920x768

The cost of the new technology plus 1080p will make them very expensive.

And 1080p is just not neccessary really at 42" & 50"

you mean 1920 x 1080 but neccesary or not that is where we are going

Can anyone add anything else ? It seems there are massive discounts at currys too, who are now doing the 4270xd for £1299, it does appear that with such big discounts out there, maybe a new model is coming soon, especially after the dirty screen, buzzing, green flashes fiasco with the 7th gens. My tv goes back for a refund on weds, i might be able wait til may, but not october ! Having said that, the 50 has just gone up 300 quid at empire direct.

you mean 1920 x 1080 but neccesary or not that is where we are going

No I mean the replacement for the 427 will remain 1027x768 and the 507 replacement will still be 1366x768.

The replacement for the 5000 which is already 1920x1024 will be 1920x1024.

That is because you need to go well over 50" to really see the difference.

Pioneer know this it, more pixels do not mean better picture. You need to have a decent processing engine, that is why the cost of a decent 1920x1024 will be high as the 5000 is.

No I mean the replacement for the 427 will remain 1027x768 and the 507 replacement will still be 1366x768.

The replacement for the 5000 which is already 1920x1024 will be 1920x1024.

That is because you need to go well over 50" to really see the difference.

Pioneer know this it, more pixels do not mean better picture. You need to have a decent processing engine, that is why the cost of a decent 1920x1024 will be high as the 5000 is.

mate please click the link below - how can a true 1080p not have the relevant res. You are incorrect i hate to say.

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/62/925/12269/PDP-5000EX/index.html

Hi,

just thought someone here might be able to help me with a problem.

I have just had Sky HD installed. The Sky remote was programmed with the Pioneer plasma code by the installer.

Unfortunately, although the remote will Power off the Pio plasma (once 'TV' on the remote has been pressed), it will not power the TV up.

Does anyone else have this problem ?

Perhaps there is a specific code. My Pio TV is 6th gen BTW, not 7th but I thought someone reading this thread may have the answer.

Thanks for reading.

Tausifs.

Hate to burst your Pioneer bubble, but it's the same old hype every year. They are, in practical terms, very very little different to this years models. They've re-introduced media box models, that's about it. Massive discounts currently available are due to poorer than expected sales. Previous models us retailers have mostly had to wait for, the current ones are plentiful.
You can of course substitute any makers name for Pioneer here, and in all other posts in this thread. There'll be progress for sure, but it's incremental, evolutionary, rather than revolutionary. The new panasoics are likely to steal a march on Pio because of timing, not because of any particular techincal superiority, which Joe public don't give a monkeys about. Pio are in trouble, IMHO, having difficulty competing with Korea.

Hate to burst your Pioneer bubble, but it's the same old hype every year. They are, in practical terms, very very little different to this years models. They've re-introduced media box models, that's about it.

I agree most maunufacturers make tweaks to their products that can be measured at the expence of things that cant.

But this year, "alledgedly", and judgement must be reserved until the sets have been seen, the technology has been "redesigned". Hype, maybe we'll have to wait and see, but if the hype is right, These new sets have resolved the Plasma precharge issue.

All plasmas have to "prewarm" if you like each pixel. Panasonic are the best at this at the moment. This is where the blacks come from. Panasonics precharge is the lowest there is right now, however Pioneer are claiming that now the charging is done in a way that does not light the pixel, and the luminance levels (brightness) have also been more than doubled, hence the hype SED killer.

If this is true then these sets will blow the competition away providing it is not at the expence of anything else, there are no nasty side effects and it priced at a level the target market will pay.

This is what Pioneer are hoping, but until they have been judged by the market, I agree it maybe just hype.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom