HD xa1 with pioneer 435xde

raw27

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have a tosh xa1 linked to the pioneer 435xde

1. When i have 1080i set on the xa1 and play a hd dvd the screen info comes up with 1125i ( I thought that the Screen could only go up to 1080i)

2. When i play serenity or Apollo 13 certain screen or parts of the movie seem to have noise (like small worms 1000 of them) in parts of the colour is this normal of am i being over critical. The Universal title looks very good at the start of the disc and just before the film starts, which makes me think it is the film itself?

I also have a Yamaha DSP-AX1 amplifier connected via optical and when playing a disc the sound switches to DTS when it is playing DD strange?

Many thanks

I can answer number 1 for you. The screen is showing a 1080i image. However, there is additional lines of detail transmitted with the signal which is not displayed on the screen. The Pioneer simply includes these when coming up withi his number. Similarly a 720p picture will be identified as a 750p on Pioneer screens

raw27 said:
Hi

I have a tosh xa1 linked to the pioneer 435xde

2. When i play serenity or Apollo 13 certain screen or parts of the movie seem to have noise (like small worms 1000 of them) in parts of the colour is this normal of am i being over critical. The Universal title looks very good at the start of the disc and just before the film starts, which makes me think it is the film itself?

Many thanks

maybe update the player firmware what version is it? i have a 505xde and have no problems? do u use hdmi? or component

I also have a Yamaha DSP-AX1 amplifier connected via optical and when playing a disc the sound switches to DTS when it is playing DD strange?
This is normal - the DD+ soundtrack is being downmixed into DTS and then output via optical/coaxial to your receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom