Ruby vs CRT - The final word

Mad Mr H

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So as you all know Sony released the NEW technology projector, Nicknamed by some the RUBY but Sony use a less well known part number - which I forget.

Delays in UK shipping, and some concerns from early owners about a small number of alignment issues - mainly caused by UPS im sure!

But the delay of several weeks has started some unusual rumours, The main one seems to be about an upgraded version about to be shipped.

It would appear that Sony techies have been watching all the CRT vs Ruby theads and would appear to be the only ones who have taken on board ALL the issues that have been spoken about and created the FINAL ANSWER.....​

j76r9v.jpg

I am in a relationship with a special friend at Sony R and D. I have therefore been lucky enough to see the "Emerald" pictured above.

It has a picture which is ten times better than our G 90 but at nearly £9000 we will not be buying one just yet.

regards

Parmenion

Anyone have a link with more info?

Martin

Already told you all Gav and I had seen the Diamond, wonder what the ultimate would be..Rhoduim or the...........

James;)

You have to look on the Sony Japan site, and that not easy to read. I found this, though some of the translation might be wrong.

Japan Site said:
Please be aware that the features/specifications can differ from country to country.

Accessories
Ceiling Bracket (Optional) PSE-H12
Lamp (Replacement) LMP-H1200
Remote Commander RM-PJVW200

Colour System

NTSC 3.58 YES
NTSC 4.43 YES
PAL YES
PAL-M YES
PAL-N YES
SECAM YES

Connectors

Computer Input DVI-D
Control S In YES
DVI-D Input YES
Progressive Component YES
Input A: Y/B/R 15 pin D-sub
RJ45 YES
RS232C Control YES
Composite Video YES
HDMI YES
S-Video YES

Dimensions

Depth (mm) 594.0
Height (mm) 215.0
Width (mm) 634.0

General Data

Ceiling Mountable YES
Colour Matt white
Power Consumption (Standby) (W) 14.0
Power Consumption (W) 1245.0
Weight (Net) (kg) 28.0
Fan Noise (dB) 28.0

Menu

Lamp Timer YES
OSD Menu YES

Optical

Aspect Ratio 16:9
Brightness ANSI lumen1200.0
Contrast Iris Control: Auto - 24,000:1, On - 12,000:1, Off - 6,000:1
Lamp (W) 900.0
Lamp Type Purest Xenon
LCD Panel Resolution 8,294,400 pixels
LCD Panel Size (inch) 1.31
Projection Lens 3 x 1.8x motorised zoom
Projection System 3 SXRD panels, 3 lens system
Screen Coverage (Diagonal) (inch) 40-300

Picture

2-2 pulldown YES
3D Gamma Correction YES
Digital Noise Reduction (DNR) YES
Vertical keystone correction YES
Cinema Black Pro2 YES
Horizontal Shift YES

Signal

Resolution (TV Lines) 1440.0
Resolution (RGB) (Pixels)Full HD (1920 x 1440 x 3)

1920x1440 WOW!! Is that the true High Def that Sony has been talking about??

Cannot wait for this one It is the sexiest projector I have ever seen.

Will they do a trade in for my 15 year old Sony trintron 4:3 21" FST as it still works great. I hope Sony give me a good price for it.

Not sure I can afford 9 grand though as my roof is leaking and I need to pay the vet bill for the dog who has a bad case of worms. I think it was from the Christmas turkey as the wife did not cook it properly. May have to wait until it drops to about 700 quid. Can anyone tell me when that will be??

The newly-researched and developed Blacklight(TM) system uses a specially coated screen and emitted light in the ultraviolet spectrum to actually subtract light from the screen. This does, therefore, do what no previous projector has ever been able to; actually project "black". Can be used in full daylight and still has 12,000:1 contrast.

Reports are now in; the Government have decided to turn it on its side and use it as a traffic light, and the RNLI are goung to use it to keep ships away from the rocks.

James

£700 will be in about 18 months. But replacement bulbs will cost £2.5k. It's the inkjet printer sales model.

Like the idea of the black screen ! Black Holes Inc also has a new screen that uses two very small Black holes to absorb the stray light on the screen but be VERY carefull with this screen as it has been found that if you get to close you may also disappear and find yourself in a whole new universe filled with nothing but bulbs ! ;)

This is one world you dont want to get trapped in, even kirk would go mad in this one and would welcome the 'Tribbles' with open arms, some of the things which have been reported in this world are listed below.

(1) Packet meals taste better than home cooking

(2) A 2 litre engine is alway's more powerfull and more durable than a 7 litre

(3) Krell/levinson and Conrad johnson are discarded for this new Digital 'T' series amps because no one can hear the difference.

(4) a smaller PJ is always better than a big one...sharper, brighter, more uniform, greater contrast ratio, more accurate colours, easy to install, no calibration, no maintenance, almost total wife acceptence factor ( I said almost guy's).....and massive depreciation??? oops.....well anyway that's ok isnt it?

(5) Tis standard practice for parts to be available for 50 years not 5 as wrongly reported in 'that' other universe.

(6) cheap non leather shoes really are better for your feet.

(7) salads and exercising are really bad for you.

(8) Small houses with no land are worth far more than 20 bedroom mansions with 7 acres...too much to heat anyway no one want's them anymore.

(9) Angelina Jolie is considered ugly and Jo brand becomes the accepted beauty queen.

(10) men only think about sex 2-3 times in a lifetime instead of 2-3 times per minute.

ah Rubys, Diamonds etc, yes this is the world now known as 'Slogans Run':rotfl:

James

The users of 'little' PJ's would say the CRT guys are in the 'Twilight Zone':rotfl:

James

(Tom where the heck is outof sync???)

James

It appears the "Evil Twin" is still looking for a home...:(

For those that would like a new home I have one going spare......

Tom we will speak on the other side ;)

Hey I hear they are gonna ship this new Emerald early next year, along with the B stock originals.:devil:

£700 will be in about 18 months.

Thats too long as my wife will have had another 2 babies by then and my trinitron will not be worth as much as a trade in. :mad:

If I get the black hole screen will it be available as a pull down model as it sounds pretty dangerous to me. Maybe safer to get the electric version :(

The electric screen version also has issues with the space time continuum.

Sonny used it with the first few demo's of the old Rudy, and since then have been unable use "time frames" . It was reported that UPrS were going to team up with Sonny and offer a new non delivery weekday service, the deal took so long to complete that UPrS went ahead on their own with the scheme. DHLM tried to compete but were only able to offer the sevice at weekends.

(The names have been changed to protect the innocent, and keep me out of her majesties facilities a little longer to enjoy more of my handywork)

:lease: Can you guys help me out?

I have been reading posts about this new Sony projector that is about to hit the UK market some time next year.....though it would appear that the USA has it already and like the Sony PS3 you can pre pay and pre order it over here. I think I understand that helps pay for the development costs.

My questions are these, I have read the specs and wanted to know what the following items are?

"A Doohickey"
"wotjamacalit"
"hojamaflick"
"A laughtershaft" also known as "the gigglepin"

the last two may be seperate items.

Can i remind people this is the "CRT" forum:rolleyes:
Can you please take your Emerald talk elsewhere!:nono:

Ps
I have already seen the Emerald demo unit, and it is not as good as the Ruby.
This is due to the fact that "nothing" is as good as the Ruby "apparently"...:devil:

PPs
The Emerald doesn't use all three lenses for the picture
It actually fires the image through the middle lens.
The other two lenses add corner brightness, and a image surrounding halo;)

:rotfl: Forums are at their best when humerous folk occupy its pages....just aint enough of em is there boy's.

James

Not feeling too humourous at the moment. My HTPC has just expired. Grunt.

James - if you want a wall knocked down for a rear projection screen, I'm in the mood to sledge hammer something.

He he he, I do indeed want to do the rear pro thing when I feel up to spending around 5k on a screen, John that's sad news my friend......get a scaler tight wad:rotfl: :rotfl: just kidding.

James

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom