UK CRT Front Projection – for Owners and Enthusiasts

crispybig

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys!

There's a new service on the web for groups of like-minded folks like us. It's called "Frappr!", which is supposed to stand for Friend Mapper.

It has quite a lot of functionality, but essentially it shows where members are geographically located. Right down to your very house if you want (or not).

I thought it would be useful for forum members (and anyone else) to see where others are located, for getting help, demos, meetings, etc. So I've created a UK CRT Front Projection group which can be found at:

http://www.frappr.com/ukcrtfrontprojection

As well as your user name (and optionally your picture), you can post basic details of your kit, photos, and so on. :thumbsup:

There's already an international group for CRT owners (which is how I discovered it), but I thought there was room for a UK group too. It certainly makes the default map a bit more relevant to us!

Go check it out – and become a single-digit founder member! :clap:

hehe nice...

Kind of like a shopping list for burglars.

Or since Christmas is just around the corner. A wishlist?

Yeah - been through all that paranoia stuff in the other group! :devil:

The fact is, you can stick the pin wherever you want (no childish comments please - I mean anywhere on the map :D ). You never have to put any address details in.

For example, I did find my actual house on the map, but that's not where I put the pin. But it's within a mile or so.

But hey, the burglar might get lucky! I can just see him hoofing it down the street with a CRT PJ under his arm! :rotfl:

MadMrH said:
Nice idea but could you go into a bit more detail to rest my tiny little mind please.....
Thanks - I think it's pretty cool. I can see these Frappr groups really taking off.

I'm not sure what more detail there is to give. As a minimum you create a user name and then stick a pin anywhere in a map of the world. You don't even have to register or provide an email address.

Of course, you can provide more info to make it more useful if you want, but there's no personal information collected. It's up to you how accurate you want to be with the pin.

I have quite a well-developed sense of paranoia myself :eek: but not about this thing. :)

3 members :thumbsup:

another.... good idea.. :hiya:

I just want to make it clear (for the Mods :) ) that this is NOT a separate "club" or anything like that. It's just a convenient supplement to this excellent forum that shows where AV CRT Forum members are located.

Forum members who make use of this facility may wish to copy the attached short text to their signature (see mine below). I can't include the text in this post as the system parses it!

BTW the box above is nothing to do with the signature - just experimenting (and it's cool!) :D

Attachments

• signature.txt
    151 bytes · Views: 71
I didn't get burnt! Did anyone else? :rotfl:

Member no'16 :cool:

Hey Phil,

You're just down the road. I'm not alone in the NE.

Martin

Should this thread be made a 'sticky'??......... I think so!!!!! :D

Number 21 :hiya:
All alone up North, currently snowed in. Better fire up the projector and crack open a couple of beers. Any excuse. :beer: :D

BETTER THAN A STICKY.....

YOU SHOULD ALL ADD THE CRT MAP IN YOUR SIGNATURE...

Im going to start asking people to post on the map and than I will give advice!

That should save me a lot of time and effort....

Mods - the map thing appears to be working! :thumbsup:

It certainly seems to be engendering a community spirit - which doesn't happen in all the threads. ;) There's a nice warm glow that's comforting in this cold weather.

So I formally request it to be made a sticky :lease:

The map page acknowledges AV Forums as the "parent" forum, and is linked into by other worldwide maps so it should be good for business too!

I'm going to flag this as a "bad thread" to get your attention. "Bad" as in "Hey - that's real BAD dude" (or whatever that modern rap lingo is! :rolleyes: )

PS: I'll be posting in my "Clacton help" thread soon. I know with a title like that it will be ignored by most - but give it a read! :mad:

Hey - have you noticed you can't flag your own post as bad? 'Suppose it makes sense.

The little warning triangle in the bottom left corner. Perhaps someone could oblige - in the nicest possible way....

MadMrH said:
BETTER THAN A STICKY.....

YOU SHOULD ALL ADD THE CRT MAP IN YOUR SIGNATURE...

Done :D

crispybig said:
Hey - have you noticed you can't flag your own post as bad? 'Suppose it makes sense.

The little warning triangle in the bottom left corner. Perhaps someone could oblige - in the nicest possible way....

That too! Hope I don't get a ban for this, :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom