Yamakawa and Z2 help! no picture.

Timh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My brother has just received the Yamakawa 365 to run with his Sanyo Z2 but he is not getting a picture on his projector.
He has set the player to output 720p and connected to Z2 via dvi and Z2 set to Auto but he is getting no picture. He can only view the menu for the player when connected to a TV.

Any ideas???
Is there a pdf file in English for this player?

Thanks

Timh said:
Is there a pdf file in English for this player?

Thanks

Hi Tim I got a copy of the 365 user manual in English. I can post a copy to you if you want?
Sorry no scanner at home ;)

Tim,

Pm me your e-mail and I'll send you it in pdf. Make for interesting reading as translation is superb!!

Cheers mate

Thanks all, I will take the offer from gjc-ortho

Thanks

Set the Z2 to RGB HDCP, should pick it up. How long a DVI lead are you using?

Cheers
Andy

zAndy1 said:
Set the Z2 to RGB HDCP, should pick it up. How long a DVI lead are you using?
Thanks Andy, i will pass it on to my Brother, I believe he has a 10 metre dvi cable.

Thanks for the link Alan :)

mmmm, I had a 10m dvi cable once and got no signal with the Z2, might be worth trying a shorter cable if possible (if all else fails). I think the Z2 is quite picky when it comes to DVI cable length!

Cheers
Andy

Ok...... hes now getting a picture in 480p from dvi, when set to rgb HDCP, but the image goes poor when outputting 720p :confused:
Could macrovision cause this? if so can it be turned off in the player menu.

Thanks

:( any idea's?

As mine works fine with DVI, although a much shorter cable, I have not used the DVI with an RGB signal if that is what you mean?

But I wouldn't be surprised if the signal was poor if the Sanyo is set to take a digital signal and you are giving it an analogue feed.....or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?

Alan

Could you tell me your settings for your connecting your player and projector.
I have told my Brother to try a shorter cable, its up to him now.

Thanks

TimH, mine is connected to the HDMI input on my Pioneer Plasma via a DVI to HDMI lead. All the digital resolutions work and are displayed although the screen seems to scale to match the original resolution of the screen, so 720p shows as 750p closer to the 768.

Try this thread here , I was sure I had read the about your brothers configuration. It seems Kane had the same problem at first and then got it going.

If all else fails I would advise sending an email to their service dept which respond and accept english emails.

Thanks for the link Alan.

Alan,

750p is the same as 720p - it just includes the non-visible lines in the signal. Your plasma will scale all inputs to the native 768p of the screen. Hope this helps.

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom