Real Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProDave

Established Member
Reaction score
On Digital Spy, poster zakir1988 reports that he's received the Real Digital box that he ordered and it's up and running.

So can we get back to discussing how it's actually working? Anyone else got a box yet?

Hello

Real Digital Service is better then Sky and others

In what way? Has it got any pay channels yet? :)

The UI kind of reminds me of a Freesat & Enigma (Linux box UI) hybrid

Last edited:
You've had the box since Christmas Eve and you don't have a single recorded programme on it three days later?

Last edited:
We only need the one thread.
Logiciel

I have Recorded few minutes of a program I can say its good

Real Digital have said they will send out a remote replacement a Real+ remote when it comes out for Real+ users of the box at the moment I am using digital stream remote that come with the box

they need to work on the navigation it needs to be like Sky or even better people will find it difficult who are changing from Sky and others

they said we are going to receive an update in Jan

there are two option in the menu over the air download and USB

there are no pay channels at the moment they have said they are launching a number of pay TV channels I have spoken to them on the phone about pay TV

its looking good pay TV coming soon

Real Digital have launched you people should understand people will buy the boxes if there service and quality is good I understand a lot of people don't know about Real Digital give them some time they dont have backings they launched it them self without any help from any company's

I say its good they have an TV Advert that will be launching soon on number of TV channels and a program called Automating Britain they feature in for about 5min on Channel 4 early 2012

for more info don't hesitate to ask me

Thread on Digital Spy has now been closed

Thread on Digital Spy has now been closed

Yes I noticed that too. I wonder why they keep closing the threads?

@Zakir, thanks for the screenshots. I have couple of questions regarding REAL DIGITAL + PVR:

How noisy is the REAL DIGITAL + PVR, say, compared to the Sky + HD PVR?

How much did you pay for the REAL DIGITAL + PVR STB, including postage and how fast did they ship the box, after you’ve placed your order?

Can you post the picture of the remote control and including the firmware update, network config, signal levels + BBC iPlayer?

Thanks,

Is there a favourites function on the EPG?

If so can you edit the order the favourites are displayed in any way?

Are there any options for customising the EPG, deleting unwanted channels etc.

EPG screen shot please when you get time.

Thanks.

The Real+ PVR 500GB by Digital Stream is very very small and light compared to the Sky HD box The Real+ box is very quiet no noise at all

I called them and gave my debit card details and address my box them came before Christmas

people who are thinking of getting a Real+ PVR or the fortec star box

I was surprised the box is very very small

next week hope you guys can order online I was talking to them on the phone they have said these things take time they had to put there system up first to make sure the order system was up and running then put it on the website.

people who are thinking of getting a Real+ PVR or the fortec star box it worth the money I say in future you'll save a lot of money they are going to offer pay as you go pay TV like they said.

I will upload more pics

Last edited:
Please edit your duplicated post that I merged into one.

Zakir, you say the brand new Real Digital pvr is better than Sky yet you are comparing it to an SD Sky box. You then state in another post "they need to work on the navigation it needs to be like Sky or even better ....". You were also asked earlier how much the box cost. Can you fill us in on these details please. Also a bit concerning that the PVR didn't come with the correct remote in the box. Having been delayed for so long you would expect them to get that right at least.

I was comparing to the Sky HD box on a Sky HD box there standard definition is not as good what you can receive on a Digital Stream PVR I can not comment on the fortec star one but I heard the fortec star one is the same as the Digital Steam one

I am one of the early adopters to Real Digital service I have emailed them about the navigation all in all the service is soo much better then sky

they will be sending out a feedback form to the early adopters they will be improving on the service and keep improving it.

the replacement remote free of charge we will be getting are only for users of the Real+ box who have brought the box the remote is made by Philips

I will post more pictures for you guys.

Last edited:
Digital satellite TV produces the same quality of picture - and sound- regardless of whether it's a Sky, Freesat, Real Digital, or any other, machine that's producing it.

Digital satellite TV produces the same quality of picture - and sound- regardless of whether it's a Sky, Freesat, Real Digital, or any other, machine that's producing it.

The signal sent may be the same but the output is obviously down to the quality of the receiver! (and of course how much of the signal your dish, lnb and cable pull in!!)

Real Digital are using an MHEG 5 engine it is better then what Sky are using

here is the cover of what satellite & digital TV january 2012 edition

Imageshack - whatsatellitedigitaltvd.jpg

MHEG 5 has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of the picture in normal broadcasts. It is the programming language for the interactive content and in that would have little effect on picture quality in that but merely on speed of access and features available.

That would only be true if every chipset (from all the different manufacturers) in the signal processing chain between reception and presenting the signals to your display device or audio device performed identically and perfectly. They do not and all so far produced have their own deficiencies and differing artefacts that they can add to the video and audio produced.

Yes, I know that all kinds of things can affect the way all the 0s and 1s get turned into pixels but I am must have been very lucky because all the receivers I've had so far have produced identical results, all of them very good.:).

Still no details of stockists or their own online shop on either their website or Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom