Resident Evil 5 - Play & Help Thread

sedalbis

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Thought I would get this started seeing as though I got the game this morning, and I'm sure that everyone who ordered from ShopTo did aswell.

I thought it would be a good idea to let people know that it is possible to run using L3 aswell as X, even though this isn't stated in the manual. This makes it a lot easier in my opinion, because if you use X to run, it is impossible to turn at the same time.

Just finished part 2 of the first chapter. I am absolutely loving this so far. Got used to the controls in about 5 minutes, the upgrading the weapons system is brilliant, the gameplay is just like RE4 (which is a positive in my opinion), the graphics are awesome, and overall so far I am not dissapointed in the slightest.

The only thing that is annoying me is that during the loading screens you get a timeline of the entire Resident Evil events right from when Umbrella was created. However, because the loading times are so quick, you never get the chance to read the timelines properly :rotfl:

Just started chapter 3 (out of 6). This game is absolutely amazing!

there is only 6 chapters :eek: and your on chapter 3 already.
roughly how long is the game ?

there is only 6 chapters :eek: and your on chapter 3 already.
roughly how long is the game ?

So far each chapter has had 2 to 3 sections, and each section has taken roughly 30-40 minutes.

Last edited:
Just done Chapter 1.1 and 1.2 on Normal difficulty and have died once. So far, i'm liking it a lot.

Be aware when upgrading your weapon that it will only upgrade YOUR weapon, not Sheva's (unless you have her weapon selected). I foolishly just ploughed $6000 worth of upgrades into my pistol thinking it would upgrade Sheva's as she is using the same type. So I now have a more powerful weapon than her :)

I've also noticed you can sell the treasures you find for cash, but there is a trophy for collecting all treasure. I wonder whether once you've collected them it counts and you can then sell it, or whether you have to have all the treasures in your inventory at the same time. I think i'll hold onto the two I have so far just in case :)

In answer to my quandry above, I have now collected 3 of the same treasures so I assume you can sell them at any point and it still counts towards your Treasure trophy.

I'm now on level 2.1 and am now fighting spoiler*
the gnarly dude with a bag on his face who laughs hysterically (very funny) and likes slicing Sheva up with his big chainsaw. Anyone got any tactics for this? So far i've just been blowing the exploding barrels up when he is near one and filling him with lead while he is recovering from the explosion.

Yeah I am at the end of chapter 4 and have collected loads of treasures and sold them all. One you have sold them, they still show up in your archive, so I wouldn't worry :)

In answer to my quandry above, I have now collected 3 of the same treasures so I assume you can sell them at any point and it still counts towards your Treasure trophy.

I'm now on level 2.1 and am now fighting spoiler*
the gnarly dude with a bag on his face who laughs hysterically (very funny) and likes slicing Sheva up with his big chainsaw. Anyone got any tactics for this? So far i've just been blowing the exploding barrels up when he is near one and filling him with lead while he is recovering from the explosion.

I received my copy this morning, too. Awesome game.

Spoiler: Shoot the electricity box down and also shoot him in his eye.

Just started chaper 5, and it seems the game is going back to it's roots :clap:

Spoiler:*
I'm in an Umbrella Lab, and have just met a familiar enemy from Resident Evil 2!

This game is simply amazing....anyone who was put off by the demo and is holding back from buying it based on that....you don't know what you're missing :devil:

This game is simply amazing....anyone who was put off by the demo and is holding back from buying it based on that....you don't know what you're missing :devil:

Agree, I thought the demo was a pretty poor. This is a lot better. Quite a few games that have had demo's on PSN have been cack, but then the actual game has turned out to be ace. Funny.

Agree, I thought the demo was a pretty poor. This is a lot better. Quite a few games that have had demo's on PSN have been cack, but then the actual game has turned out to be ace. Funny.

Definitely.....I didn't buy Dead Space untill last month based on the fact that the demo was rubbish....oops :suicide:

Wow, this game is great - although I was bound to love it as this is one of the main reasons I bought my Xbox 360 and PS3! Not many games keep my attention nowadays (I slated Killzone 2 a bit - although, its not actually that bad but I couldn't play it for more than 30-40 minutes at a time!) but this is as good as I hoped. I'm onto Chapter 2-2 so far and going to carry on for a bit longer - which is impressive for me - over 2 hours in counting!

I guess one of the things I like about it is that it is kind of 'retro' - some people have said this is bad but I think this is one of it's endearing qualities. I'm sick of overly complicated games that are all flashiness and little substance.

There are a couple of things that dissapointed me though (WRITTEN IN WHITE-SPOILERS)-

no trdar from Resi 4:(
no typerwrites:(
lets just hope I'm proven wrong later on in the game. If I am DON'T TELL ME!

But overall - Well done Capcom!:thumbsup: Now back to the game:D

Loved the demo but sadly my copy wont arrive before tomorrow. Anyone got the collectors edition?

Do you get anything extra in the steel book edition or is it just the game only.

Also if I order tonight from shopto what are the chances of recieving the game on saturday?

:)

Yeah I have the special steelbook edition. You get a bonus DVD with the making of the game on it and the making of the Resident Evil Degeneration film.

Yeah if you order from ShopTo before 5pm tomorrow evening, you will definitely get it on Saturday :)

Yeah I have the special steelbook edition. You get a bonus DVD with the making of the game on it and the making of the Resident Evil Degeneration film.

Yeah if you order from ShopTo before 5pm tomorrow evening, you will definitely get it on Saturday :)

Cheers mate!! :thumbsup: gonna order it now

Thanks for the info man......any issues with the visuals? Slowdowns/tearing and such?

i just got the game from hmv of all places in meadowhell!! I didnt realise they were so keen on breaking release dates!! They even had a massive banner saying selling re5 now!! lol, yet i went to gamestation in meadowhell and they flatout refused to sell it untill midnight, id have thought it would be the other way round. got a free (wait for it) bio terrorism t-shirt lmao!! it will do nicely for the gym! man this game is still installing!!

Thanks for the info man......any issues with the visuals? Slowdowns/tearing and such?

Nope, am half way through the last chapter now, and so far the visuals have been completely stunning.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom