31.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 111
Pre-Order Prices....

Places like Game.co.uk & Amazon are £49.99, prices are quite high but this is the best I can find so far.

Play - £39.99 with 4% back from quidco = £38.39 delivered

Game - £49.99 with £5 off £30 code 'VirginOffer' and 11% back from quidco = £40.04 delivered

anyone got any idea if they are still resting on their laurels or have they made some changes to this offering. I didnt buy last years so I might be tempted this time around. From what I can remember the online was pants in 08

I think the biggest change from the video in the first post is that you've got a trainer with you this time. There will be other changes of course, not sure what yet.

dont think i will be getting this, got 08 and they simply dont make enough changes to warrant getting the latest version and when they do make changes, they are usually for the worse!:thumbsdow

Game is at £39.99 now, and with the £5 off £30 or more code (T5J194MZX) it brings it to £34.99 and 11% quidco makes it £31.14 delivered.

dont think i will be getting this, got 08 and they simply dont make enough changes to warrant getting the latest version and when they do make changes, they are usually for the worse!:thumbsdow

I suspect it's because they don't have any competition when it comes to realistic golf games.

Hey guys my 1st post here on AVFORUMS. I seriously hope this turns out to be good, the series for me was beginning to get rather dull and stale and the gameplay needs a bit of an overhaul...

Anyone remember Links 2004 on the Original Xbox? what did you think of it?

The Tiger Woods franchise has been virtually identical over the last few years, even going back to The original XBOX days!. Ive been a huge fan but this really needs a massive overhaul to make me want to buy it. 08 did bore me a little. At least they have, AT LONG LAST changed the commentators!.

i'll be purchasing this, if anyone else is add me to buddy list for a few games

Got 08 , dont think i will be getting this one though......may give it a miss till 09:D it will probably be pretty much the same game anyway;)

I'm going the other way! Had 07, skipped 08 and will probably go for 09 :smashin:

I'm going the other way! Had 07, skipped 08 and will probably go for 09 :smashin:

Me too. Only that I'm going to skip 09 now too. It just doesn't seemed to have moved on enough for me. (again). I'll checkout '10 next year.

Movietyme have the game available for pre-order for around £28 if anyone is intrested. I dont know if i will buy it though because I love Everybodys Golf but Tiger Woods has more tournaments and looks more realistic.

Going to be hard to tempt me away from everybodys golf. It's just so easy to pickup and have some fun :D

Anyone thried the demo yet?

Is there any improvement on previous versions?

I downloaded demo earlier. I must say its literally identical, with only these coaching tips and training to 'better your game' being involved. You can try out 3 holes on it.

I will buy this because I sold 08 on here a few weeks back. And do enjoy a bit of golf from time to time. And online looks good with the simultaneous tee offs. Although if you still have the other one, not enough to warrant the purchase of this for £40 or so. I may pick it up in USA when I go on holiday at the end of the month.

I got the demo yesterday, not had a Tiger Woods game since 2005 on the PS2 so I thought why not.

Pre-ordered from Game used the £3 voucher they have floating about to take it to £36.99 then used Quidco @ 11%.

There is only so much they can do with the swing mechanics, but I think there is enough of a change here to warrant a purchase.

The fact that you can now see exactly what you have done wrong, and how much power you've hit the shot with is refreshing. The way to improve your golfer is also quite cool. Not too sure about the golf club tweaking but again it's different.

I never bother with 08 as it was too close to 07 IMO.

Now 09 feels like 08 (and so 07) - there is more too the game than in 08 but Graphically it feels the same. For some reason it just doesnt grab me - I used to buy every Golf game and had done since PGA and before but I think im going to give this one a miss aswell.

I think EA need someone else to come along and give them a jolt in the Golf genre.

Online in 09 you have everyone playing at once (like everybodys golf) this part makes me want it over 08. I am totally new to TW so would have been ideal for me to pick up 08 cheap BUT the above feature interests me to play that little bit quicker online. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom