Siren: Blood Curse - Play & Help

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just seen the news that Forbidden Siren will be remade for the PS3.

For any that played the PS2 version this is great news, although I hope this time we have the original Japanese rather than the dodgy English dub on the PS2 version.

I really hope it's not a remake in this day and age we need new ideas and original games.

I really hope it's not a remake in this day and age we need new ideas and original games.

According to the article, it's a remake.

I think remakes can be a good thing, i'd like to see quite a few older games given the HD treatment - vagrant story being one - but i'm not so sure about siren, it was overly hyped and I found it quite broken.

According to the article, it's a remake.

I think remakes can be a good thing, i'd like to see quite a few older games given the HD treatment - vagrant story being one - but i'm not so sure about siren, it was overly hyped and I found it quite broken.

The only game I would like to see remade on the PS3 is FFVII as i'm sure would most other PS3 owners.:D

Seriously if they are going to do remakes at least select a top quality game.

Forbidden Siren is one of the better horror games released in the last few years with genuine chills. Yes, it's not a household name but well worth checking out. This is one I'm definitely looking forward to in HD and 5.1.

For any naysayers out there, check out the latest trailer. It's looking scarier than the original!

It looks like the official title will be called 'Siren: New Translation'. I imagine they called it that as it's essentially a remake of the first game.

Watch Impress has some new videos of this here. However, more importantly the demo is now on the Japanese market place! :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to this game. Looks like a genuinely very creepy game, the atmosphere is amazing. Last game I played like this was Silent Hill so I think I'm due a similar kind of game sometime soon.

Games like this are one of the reasons I bought a PS3. Love the creepy Japanese stuff! :smashin:

for those who have downloaded the demo-

is the demo in English or have subtitles? my download limit is capped at 5gb i think and dont want to risk going over it if i cant understand the demo!

thanks guys :thumbsup:

I downloaded this last night. The audio itself is in english but most of the text is Japanese so I didn't really have a clue what I was doing. As you can imagine I died pretty quickly. From what I did play, the graphics look a definite step up from the PS2 versions. Creepy atmosphere too!

I'm a big fan of the series...and just had to let you guys know a demo is now available on the Jap store. Most of the game is in English too (all voices, menus)

Must say, this is absolutely the best thing I have played on the PS3, and has restored my faith in the system...

I urge you to check this out! :thumbsup:

I'm a big fan of the series...and just had to let you guys know a demo is now available on the Jap store. Most of the game is in English too (all voices, menus)

Must say, this is absolutely the best thing I have played on the PS3, and has restored my faith in the system...

I thought the demo was really too short, three sections took me 10 minutes in total...Didn't really get a feel for the game enough - shooting sections played out like uncharted which I thought was great and the reloading using the sixaxis was well thought-of.

The view controls (right stick) seemed a little shaky, was it just me or was the whole thing really too dark? (i had the torch on!)

Fantastic graphics though, the faces in particular looked almost real.

Please try and post in the right forum. There is a separate games forum for posts such as this. Also please try and do a search as there is already a thread on this game in the games forum. Moving and merging threads.

The view controls (right stick) seemed a little shaky, was it just me or was the whole thing really too dark? (i had the torch on!)

Indeed - reminded me very much of Silent Hill in that regard. Great graphics though. How did you beat the ghost creatures - I tried using fisticuffs but kept dying? :blush:

Never actually played the original but really enjoyed this, definitely will keep tabs on it :thumbsup:

Indeed - reminded me very much of Silent Hill in that regard. Great graphics though. How did you beat the ghost creatures - I tried using fisticuffs but kept dying? :blush:

If you sneek past the first dude, theres a metal pole just beyond him which can use on the next few guys :)

Please try and post in the right forum. There is a separate games forum for posts such as this. Also please try and do a search as there is already a thread on this game in the games forum. Moving and merging threads.

Sorry Moogle, I think I got a bit over excited there!

I actually like the fact that the game is really dark. I just returned from a 5 day hike in Yakushima (a tiny Island south of Japan) and it was exactly like the opening of this game. The mine kart track and the rain really took me back... just glad I didn't play this before I went, as it was scary enough at night with the animal noises!

I'm still not taken with the controls - reading previews the devs seem to imply that the more broken the controls, the more scares you'll get from fumbling around.

That was acceptable a decade ago with resi, but in this day and age? It just seems lazy.

Whens the game out? I enjoyed the demo and will be buying the full game.

Ash

Whens the game out? I enjoyed the demo and will be buying the full game.

Ash

I think the Japanese preview that I saw said 28/7/08 as a release date - so about 3 months away.

I'm guessing that's the Japanese version though, so not sure about UK version? :confused:

I think the Japanese preview that I saw said 28/7/08 as a release date - so about 3 months away.

I'm guessing that's the Japanese version though, so not sure about UK version? :confused:

I think that is the Japanese release date and they haven't announced any dates outside of Japan.

Never actually played the original but really enjoyed this, definitely will keep tabs on it :thumbsup:

If you sneek past the first dude, theres a metal pole just beyond him which can use on the next few guys :)
Aha, that should do the trick! :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom