Socom Confrontation - Play & Help

XxBoomerxX

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Been waiting for this one. Socom has long been the best of its kind for this type of game:smashin:. Think it will be very good for some OGC fun and team killing:devil:. The links below have a good review of the game and also screen shots. Seems release date is 15/11/07 but doubt it will be, will have to wait and see. Will start off as download only with disc version avaliable later, poss with hs. Will also have downloadable upgrades avaliable through the playstation store. Anybody interested?

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3159593

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/SOCOM_U_S_Navy_SEALs_Confrontation

Could you please move this back in the OGC clan threads as it was intended for the OGC clan?

Not played a SOCOM before but definately interested in this one Booms. :thumbsup:

Loved SOCOM 1, both single and online, while S2 had issues but good online community. S3 lost it a bit with huge maps, vehicles and all the lag & lag-exploiters (making lag-switches etc), and then the 360 drawing off players.

Probably spent more time playing the SOCOM franchise than any other game ever - and that includes Elite (C64) which i actually got to elite-rank on! - so well loking forwards to the PS3 version.

Big questions of if it can evolve enough in the face of Rainbow 6: Vegas, Halo 3, and other modern shooters (both tactical and non-tac ones), as i think pushing across essentially a port with updated graphics wont cut it. If they include a robust clan system which interacts with Home and the XMB, lots of player customisation for game/types and that video thing of Halo 3, then it could be a winner.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/4856.html

I am interested in this one too. It seems to be similar to GRAW2 which is good but street based fighting.

Hopefully there will be a Demo coming out soon.

I'm looking forward to this only because XxBOOMERxX kept going on about it when we were playing R6 vegas so it's on my wants list, it looks superb :thumbsup:

Can you team kill? What's the age rating on the game - will it be legal for Darsh to buy if its a 16+ rating?

Could you please move this back in the OGC clan threads as it was intended for the OGC clan?

I moved it here because from your post it's more like a preview thread then one trying to setup a clan or schedule to play online. It's not really the type of thread that belongs in the clan section. Plus the game isn't even out yet or coming out soon. The release is end of november assuming it doesn't get delayed. I would suggest once the game is out or near the time that you or someone starts a thread in the clan forum to organize a clan or online play sessions.

Can you team kill?
Yes :rotfl: I got quite a reputation for putting PMNs (mines basically) down and racking up team kills from unobservant friends - after i've told them exactly where i'm putting down the mines :rolleyes: IMO all tactical shooters should have friendly-fire on. It forces people to watch their firezones / check targets, and stops stupid things like one guy throwing in a grenade as teamates run thru the explosion as the other team take cover.

What's the age rating on the game - will it be legal for Darsh to buy if its a 16+ rating?
I just checked the previous boxes, they are 16+

Yep. Chomping at the bit for a bit of Socom again. Must have hammered S2 for nearly 3 years - whilst neatly skipping over S3 which lost the plot as per the comments above.

Worryingly, details are scarce - which makes me believe that the end of November released date won't happen. Whenever it's out - rest assured I'll be there!

Anyone heard any more about Socom, originally it was due in November, but I've seen no news since the summer?

Anybody heard any news or rumours on release for this game. I think Zipper interactive went bust and sony took them over.

Seen some screenshots a good few months back but have not heard anything since. I really loved the format of SOCOM on the PS2 and think this would be a top game for the PS3. Think COD4 in the 3rd person and we would have a game on our hands :cool:

edit

Following its success as the number one online PlayStation®2 franchise, SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs breaches onto the PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system in high-definition this holiday season. SOCOM Confrontation delivers the ultimate next-generation online combat experience made possible by the power of PS3.

SOCOM Confrontation focuses on online play and the global community and clans that support it. With support for Tournaments, Clan ladders, Leader Boards and more, this latest title in the multi-million unit selling franchise is exactly what SOCOM fans have been clamoring for. Additionally, players will be able to modify their appearance through facial and physical customization.

A global-scale experience, SOCOM Confrontation gives players the opportunity to battle against the best and brightest from the U.S., Europe and Asia.

SOCOM Confrontation deploys with five new North African themed maps, including a 32-player version of “Crossroads.” Additional themed packs for SOCOM Confrontation will be made available for download via the PLAYSTATION®Store.

KEY FEATURES

Ultimate 32-player online combat experience featuring stunning high-definition visuals, advanced physics, ballistics, impact and destruction modeling
Rich interactive and destructible environments supporting multiple game types
Full support of the SIXAXIS™ wireless controller, offering greater control
Choice of playing as various International Special Forces
Advanced voice communication systems and immersive audio
Comprehensive player customization including fully featured load out, encumbrance and unique uniforms
Up to seven different game modes are available on each map
Advanced player matching, players can form a team with their friends and easily join an online game
Regional combat or challenge teams from around the world
Additional themed downloadable content packs available post launch

Launch date just says 2008

The success of COD4 will have probably sent them back to the drawing board.

There is a possibility of a closed beta for this starting xmas time

It's one of several titles that is in the frame for a mystery beta test starting soon. Details released this friday... :thumbsup:

already looking better than the videos from ealier in 07, cant wait for this, really excited about the clan customisation side of things :smashin:

This looks like the better version of GRAW2 and could I even say a CoD4 killer too?

Can't wait! Much prefer this kind of slower paced tactical shooter :clap:

This looks like the better version of GRAW2 and could I even say a CoD4 killer too?

Can't wait! Much prefer this kind of slower paced tactical shooter :clap:

agree with you mate, gonna like this one more than UT3! :D it will take a lot to beat cod4, but it looks like it will be a close one, the character models are looking really good.

any idea bout the price tag ?

Here's another rumour which now dates it as July/August....

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/03/11/rumor-socom-confrontation-bundle-includes-new-bluetooth-headset/

A supposedly leaked PowerPoint presentation revealed a new official Bluetooth headset for PS3. Set to launch in July/August, the headset would retail for $50 individually. More exciting, however, is SOCOM Confrontation bundle that's mentioned: both the game and headset would hit retail for $60.

The design of this rumored headset is an improvement over the one offered with Warhawk. However, don't get your hopes up quite yet. When asked for comment, a SCEA representative told us that "we have currently made no announcements for a new PS3 headset so any information is speculation and rumor."

The Headset:
View attachment 75428

If headset and socom bundle is only slightly more expensive than the headset on its own, then I'll def be purchasing and then get rid of the headset seperately. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom