Soul Calibur 4 - Play & Help

PygoShlee

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone anticipating this game as much as me? Always loved the set of games, easily my favourite fighting game.

Seen a few trailers of it and it looks awesome!

Best have Cervantes in it though!

Ash

Yeah I've always loved the Soul Calibur (Soul Blade) game series, from Playstation (one) onwards....

Any idea on the release date?

I think its meant to be first quarter of 08, perhaps February.

Cant wait though!

Ash

I think its meant to be first quarter of 08, perhaps February.

Cant wait though!

Ash

I very much doubt it will be released that early as hardly anything has been shown of it. It also has online play which is going to make it that much more difficult to get right. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see it till the 3rd or 4th quarter of next year.

That would suck. The trailers look very polished though, I'm not sure what else is planned for the game though so perhaps it will be later.

I just hope all the old characters are in it, I see nightmare is back, can't wait :clap:

Ash

i cant see it coming till second half of 2008, tekken 6 will becoming to ps3 well before sc comes, and i cant see tekken 6 coming till about march next year.

Take a look at this - Yup thats right, Darth Vader and Yoda as playable characters!

Was just about to post that! :p

Seems like PS3 is starting to win the console wars eh?

Darth Vader would kick Yoda's butt!

It's a shame we won't get both players on each version. Apparently the PS3 will get Darth and the 360 will get Yoda. Tough call...

It's a shame we won't get both players on each version. Apparently the PS3 will get Darth and the 360 will get Yoda. Tough call...

As has been stated elsewhere, I would also imagine that extra characters would make the leap cross-platform as DLC. Maybe at a charge, maybe free. But personally I would use Yoda :D

But I'll get the PS3 version, as that's my only main console since getting rid of my Elite...

But personally I would use Yoda

Use your anger!!!

Vader pwns any Star Wars character!

I wasn't particularly interested in this game until i saw those shots of Vader. In my eyes this definitely makes the PS3 version the one to get. I was never a big Yoda fan.

I think I've heard that they will both be download content. No doubt they need to pay back Lucas Arts for the licensing :D

Ash

Really looking forward to this. Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast best beat em up imo.:)

What I want to know is that why isn't Vader's lightsabre going through Mitsurigi's blade? I know they've taken some artistic license but it takes a bit away imo. Oh well, it'll still be great.

The soul still burns...

The weapons in Soulcalibur aren't normal weapons either

The video on the PSN (maybe the american one) looked great, especially the Darth Vader bit, looks awesome. Have not seen any footage of Yoda, any good?

Not even looked at this title yet really. Just seen some footage on Bravo's Plyr's Guide of Darth Vader and all of a sudden I want this! :D I've got no interest in Yoda really, but to play Darth Vader in a beat em up as good as Soul Calibur will be amazing!

Can't wait and if the above news is right that the PS3 version is nailed on for me. :)

Not even looked at this title yet really. Just seen some footage on Bravo's Plyr's Guide of Darth Vader and all of a sudden I want this! :D I've got no interest in Yoda really, but to play Darth Vader in a beat em up as good as Soul Calibur will be amazing!

Can't wait and if the above news is right that the PS3 version is nailed on for me. :)

Yoda in the 360 version and Darth Vader in the PS3 version have both already been officially confirmed a while back. I believe even the cover art work of the two different versions is different to reflect this.

^yup just as the previous generation had an exclusive character and box art for each console in Soul Calibur 2

Yoda in the 360 version and Darth Vader in the PS3 version have both already been officially confirmed a while back. I believe even the cover art work of the two different versions is different to reflect this.

Good work! Can see this selling loads more on PS3. To play as Darth Vader will be class! It would have been better to have Luke Skywalker character or maybe a Darth Maul with his dual light sabre! Is there a Wii version coming out?

I still prefer the DC original of this game to any of the more recent versions. :)

Good work! Can see this selling loads more on PS3. To play as Darth Vader will be class! It would have been better to have Luke Skywalker character or maybe a Darth Maul with his dual light sabre! Is there a Wii version coming out?

I still prefer the DC original of this game to any of the more recent versions. :)

No Wii version this time around I'm afraid. Wii owners recently got the appalling adventure game Soul Calibur Legends instead. It looks like 360 and PS3 only for this version.

No Wii version this time around I'm afraid. Wii owners recently got the appalling adventure game Soul Calibur Legends instead. It looks like 360 and PS3 only for this version.

Shame really as i'm sure they could have put the wiimote to good use! :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom