Formula 1 - Play & Help Thread

Smak

Established Member
Reaction score
New screens

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/games...=topslot;title;2&om_act=convert&click=topslot

928392_20060921_screen003.jpg

928392_20060921_screen002.jpg

928392_20060921_screen001.jpg

Video Interview

http://www.threespeech.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/clips/F1-ridge_racer_SM.mov

Gif showing the volumetric lighting, taken from above video :cool:

f12.gif

Cant wait for this, even though i aint got a PS3....yet.
It will be the first game i play on it just after chrimbo, just hope the Jap version has english text in it

Cant wait for this, even though i aint got a PS3....yet.
It will be the first game i play on it just after chrimbo, just hope the Jap version has english text in it

I've pre-ordered from Yesasia so I hope so to. :D

Looks really good, apart from the Renault and Honda models, which look pretty awful, and the handling of the cars from the videos I've seen look just as awful as every other F1 game sony have made.

The most annoying part about it is that it's in HD! F1 on the TV is stuck in the 80s with evil 4:3 SD broadcast, it'll look better than real life on the game!

Im waiting to see if its english first,hope so,i dont want to wait till march.
I aint even got a PS3 yet.

Thanks for the link, looks mostly english. Just ordered it :D Now all i need to do is talk the other half into letting me order a PS3 or ill just have a pretty F1 box to look at.

As to whether it's online or not, according to amazon you can play psp and ps2 owners

In a nutshell:
The most exciting Formula One season for a long time has spawned a console simulation to match with long awaited new online modes and some surprising PSP connectivity options…

The lowdown:
Owning the official FIA license means this game is the only one with all the real 2006 drivers, cars, teams, circuits and rules – but thankfully there’s more to this game than dull simulation. In fact this year’s iteration prides itself on being accessible to everyone with scalable driving aids for every skill level. There’s also a new online version for all versions, where you can compete in a full 18 race season with real human opponents. Other welcome new additions include taking the options of playing as chief engineer through the existing career mode and more subtle change such as computer driven cars that make believable mistakes instead of just robotically keeping to the racing line.

Most exciting moment:
Since the PS2 and PSP versions are coming out at the same time you’re able to transfer data between each, you can even race other players online on the other version, no matter which console they’re playing on.

Since you ask:
Although little is known about the PS3 version of the game so far Sony has demonstrated a way to connect the PSP to it and use the portable console as a fully interactive wing mirror – displaying exactly what is going on behind you in full 3D.

The bottom line:
The PS2 and PSP are in pole position for this welcome racing update.
HARRISON DENT

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Formula-1-PS3/dp/B000E6DYYE

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Be interesting to see how it handles - I havent played a F1 game on a console that is remotely good. Most are absolute rubbish but look great. Cannot beat the good old F1GP2 on the PC:smashin:

been playing the demo on and off, played it last night, the monza track, gotta say it just looks absolutely stunning for a work in progress, can't wait for the full release!

Is the full release still on for next week in japan?

Hope you're all remembering to go through quidco if you buy it from yesasia for 7% cashback! And you can also get $5 off as follows:-

'$5/GBP2.80 off for every new customer that places a minimum order value of $30 using the discount code QUIDCO5'

Should bring it down to about £19 tops if you use the discount and go through quidco!

Cheers
Andy

As to whether it's online or not, according to amazon you can play psp and ps2 owners

In a nutshell:
The most exciting Formula One season for a long time has spawned a console simulation to match with long awaited new online modes and some surprising PSP connectivity options…

The lowdown:
Owning the official FIA license means this game is the only one with all the real 2006 drivers, cars, teams, circuits and rules – but thankfully there’s more to this game than dull simulation. In fact this year’s iteration prides itself on being accessible to everyone with scalable driving aids for every skill level. There’s also a new online version for all versions, where you can compete in a full 18 race season with real human opponents. Other welcome new additions include taking the options of playing as chief engineer through the existing career mode and more subtle change such as computer driven cars that make believable mistakes instead of just robotically keeping to the racing line.

Most exciting moment:
Since the PS2 and PSP versions are coming out at the same time you’re able to transfer data between each, you can even race other players online on the other version, no matter which console they’re playing on.

Since you ask:
Although little is known about the PS3 version of the game so far Sony has demonstrated a way to connect the PSP to it and use the portable console as a fully interactive wing mirror – displaying exactly what is going on behind you in full 3D.

The bottom line:
The PS2 and PSP are in pole position for this welcome racing update.
HARRISON DENT

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Formula-1-PS3/dp/B000E6DYYE

Errr.... you cant play psp and ps2 version because they removed the online features from F1 06 at the last minute.(and they showed them at the press confrence playing online ).. Bought both of them... was very disapointed .... :-( ps3 version looks very nice though

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I thought this was released on the 28th? (tomorrow)

Just got my yesasia order approval through and it's saying expected ship out date as jan 17th:(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom