Heavy Rain: Play & Help **PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS & READ POST 1 BEFORE POSTING**

Hillskill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heavy-Rain-Japanese-Cover-280x320.jpg

All Play & Help discussion to go here. Please bear in mind that Heavy Rain is a Narrative driven story with Multiple endings (20+). Posting information about the game that may spoil other members enjoyment will be deemed as "Thread Spoiling" and infractions may be issued. Respect your fellow members enjoyment and use spoiler tags when posting questions or information.

For those of you that don't know how to use spoiler tags here is a little guide:
When making posts on AVForums you will have a text box where you type. Above this box you have a tool bar where you can resize text, insert pictures, underline text etc. It is here that you will find the spoiler tag button:

toolbar.jpg

Make your post as you normally would but before hitting the submit button highlight the appropriate text:

TEXTTOBESPOILERED.jpg

Once the text has been highlighted click the spoiler button in the tool bar:

spoilerman.jpg

Now when you press the submit button your post will be displayed but your spoilered text will not be seen unless the reader chooses to highlight that text.

I would also suggest starting your post with a mention of what chapter or location your post relates to. This way if another member knows they have reached that point yet they can stay well away from your post.
Thanks for reading, any queries or problems regarding the above guide feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
thanks for setting this up, im sure we will get lots of diffrent storys out of this thread!

I still haven't pre-ordered, what's the best deal at the moment? or shall i just do 'the-ASDA-pick-up-on-the-way-to-work'.lol

I would also suggest starting your post with a mention of what chapter or location your post relates to

I would shy away from posting your location, not sure where the game is going but if someone starts their post saying 'Wow I'm in the final chapter in the Origami killers mums caravan' it kinda gives away where the story is going :D

Btw, however unlikely - if the game does indeed end in the Origami Killers mums caravan I apologise in advance :D

When in doubt, whack on the spoiler tags :smashin:

I would shy away from posting your location, not sure where the game is going but if someone starts their post saying 'Wow I'm in the final chapter in the Origami killers mums caravan' it kinda gives away where the story is going :D

Btw, however unlikely - if the game does indeed end in the Origami Killers mums caravan I apologise in advance :D

When in doubt, whack on the spoiler tags :smashin:

Great point. I haven't been hands on with it yet so I don't know if any Scenes or Chapters or numbered. Was just searching for a way we might start each post of etc.

Whats the story with the patch :confused: To patch or not to patch :lease:

I've patched and it's been fine for the first 3 hours or so. No idea what the patch does but it certainly didn't break it for me.

I'm getting terrible issues with sound and freezing. Is it just me? The sound keeps on cutting out completely and the game has hard-locked my PS3 twice in one hour.

I've installed the 1.01 patch.

I patched and its been fine for 2-3 hours. Couple of areas of dodgy frame rate but considering what was on the screen at the time Ill let it off.

i've not managed to get out of the house yet! Conversations keep on dropping out. it's so bad i had to turn on subtitles..

the patch breaks more than it fixes, so my advice would be to miss it out till they fix it properly.
quantic dream's site is still not up(supposed to be up last week), and no-one seems to be coming forward to say what it fixes(as it was available pre-launch, just sitting waiting.).

its completely random what it breaks regarding audio and video, but it can also affect loading and saving, so if its fine just now, it may not be later, or next time you play.

delete all the game data of it, and reboot, and re-install..

I've played for a [-]good[/-] great few hours so far, and I'm totally invested in the story. I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

I don't think I've ever literally been on the edge of my seat while playing a game before, but I found myself being forcefully pulled from the chair during
Ethan's first trial.

Great story, action and characters.

The walking can be a little imprecise, but that's my only complaint at this point.

Last edited:
Yeah played it for about hour and half, with patch ...... gotta say its quality. Mrs was going "what good graphics", she never notices this sort of stuff.
Overall very happy with the game :thumbsup:

Am I the only one who has finished?

I actually got exactly 50% of the trophies in my first run through, quite pleased with that :)

All in all I absolutely loved the game. Not sure it's a keeper after platinuming though, but no idea how long platinuming might take...

Oh and I had no trouble with the patch, though i think the audio did drop out in one scene (that or it was supposed to be silent while their lips were moving... I wasn't quite sure).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just phoned my local asda who said they will not be selling at midnight. I hate waiting :mad:

I have 2 little boys, so it wasnt too hard for me to associate with one of the characters, so I am emotionally invested already, after about 3hrs play. Loving every suspenseful, atmospheric and heavy second of this.:thumbsup:

I didn't install the patch after reading comments, I've had no problems. Been playing it for the last six hours until I noticed I hadn't seen the girlfriend in a while. I decided it was time to go to bed...

And then i came here to post :)

Good night!

Mine went to black screen at the end of ARI trainyard and didn't install the patch at all.

Game froze at
Ethan Motel
after I installed the patch.

Last edited:
I suffered massive audio distortion at the train yard waking the whole house :eek: That was the only occasion so far. This was with the Patch :thumbsdow

Very disappointing that this highly regarded release is so buggy.. :( I'm having to mothball this until the sound issues are fixed, and I'm pretty upset about it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom