Votes: 16 13.4%
  • Silver

Votes: 14 11.8%
  • Yellow

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Nano is not for me and I just wanted something to click

Votes: 11 9.2%

• Total voters
I am incredibly scared of dropping, scratching or denting it. Hopefully not all three :rotfl: Glass screen or not I am not a chancer

I am thinking of picking up the iClear case. Form fitting so should not add too much bulk. Cannot be bothered with applying a film protector as I know I will get a speck of dust I will get obsessive about

One week turnaround time to return my second Nano and for the refund to be paid on my Mastercard :thumbsup:

Still waiting for cases though :rolleyes: Considering it was leaks of cases that revealed the 4G Nano design to the internet, where are they?!

I've had my nano for the best part of a fortnight now with no case and I'vt got to say there are no scratches on it. The screen and the body seem to bes resistant to them unlike the predecessors!

Not going to bother with a case now.

People have different tolerance levels :)

Messing about in the Apple store, I thought 3/4 was too loud with the attached Senn PX200

I put my sensitive hearing down to my early adoption of IEMs age wise :D

Yes the 2G Touch's SQ has been getting some love

Of course if the 4G Nano is the best sounding Nano yet, I am not complaining. Ignorance is bliss and it is my first iPod

Oh, with hindsight, you should have gone through quidco for 6% cashback. Every little helps :p

Are you joking that this is your first ipod ??? im still using my 1st gen nano 4gig lovely white plastic face..........can't chuck the little fella away i'll wait till he dies by then it'll be 8th maybe 9th gen :)

Well I had the Sony HD3. Did gapless with Atrac before Apple "invented" it ;) Unfortunately Atrac came with SonicStage and most people fled by the time Sony fixed it and were no longer listening
Then I got myself a portable Sony CD player for a few years. Moved onto the Archos XS202s but tragedy struck... :(

Been dap-less for two years. 4G Nano seems to be doing the job nicely

well instead of buying a new nano i found myself a nice little bargain, an archos 604 wifi 30gb with DVR station all brand new sealed boxes from pcworld £79.00 the lot,got it a few days ago from my local store (norwich) thats why i've still got my 1st gen nano because it was one or the other and i felt like a change from my ipod

Bah, my first iPod :blush:

It doesn't charge if my laptop goes into sleep mode? :oops:

Any case recommendations? Not sure whether to get hard or silicon and also which make....nothing stands out on Amazon to be honest.

Still only using mine in a iPod sock and it is till *mint*. Just have to remember not to hold the sock upside down otherwise the Nano will fall out... touch wood it will remain OK

The 1.03 software update adds cover flow as a menu option, and allows you to turn off 'tilt' to enable cover flow

Before tilting was working seamlessly. After the update I have noticed the orientation change detection is very flaky and sometimes unresponsive :mad: Have now turned it off and rely on the menu option to enter cover flow. Come on Apple!

Marware Sport Grip 4G Nano Silicone Case Picture Review

Product page

{All pictures are clickable thumb nails}

As previously stated, I have kept my 4G Nano in a sock. But just 2 days ago I noticed a small nick...

No 'kids gloves' jokes, my flat was cold :p Macro shots make it look worse. From the front its pretty small. Looking on at the bottom edge it must have hit *something*

Choosing my case
Reading reviews I decided silicone was the way to go. Maware were most highly rated. Off to the Apple Store I went. They had both Sport Grip and Sport Grip Deluxe. Boxes could be opened and cases fondled :) I discounted the Deluxe as it was too slippery. The decorative dots on the back were pretty but did not provide grip. Lanyard and hook looked to be nice though if you have such a need. Sport Grip nix lanyard attachment ability was fine for me and it has a textured side for gripping... (see below)

Packaging and unboxing
No thrills but you do not expect any as there is no need for over-elaboration. I heart that the Apple Store now place "Thank you" stickers on purchases. Yeah I'm easily impressed like that, but a nice touch as I always found Apple to be one of the best retail experiences. Note the close-up of the textured side(s)

Extras: screen, clickwheel and centre button protectors
Removing the folded insert reveals a cleaning cloth and see-through protectors for the display, clickwheel and centre button. Having experienced the trauma of applying a protector to the screen of a PSP, DS and my Canon G9 I was rather more cavalier

First protectors I have seen not completely flush against the protective backing. Sticking might be affected I thought...

Continued after the break due to image code limitation

Last edited:
Applying protectors
Easiest to apply was the wheel. No fuss. Centre button protector also easy but I think it was bad technique on my part as air got trapped. Display as expected was the hardest to apply. It is cut to fit precisely and I expectedly did not line it up right despite my best efforts. Pictures taken after I squeezed out trapped air from under the display as best I could

Fit and feel
Overall quite nice. I like how the protection for the dock port was implemented with a gap, though there might be a problem if you use a home dock with a larger connecting part. Hole for the hold switch is definitely too big. Headphone port hold probably about right as it allows room for right-angled plugs which sit lower down. Form fitting and as can be seen, still fits in a standard Apple sock. Annoying air pockets on screen protector less noticeable when switched on

The click-wheel protector did not really impact upon operation. Just as fast and responsive as before scrolling through lists and cover flow. Just a different tactile feel you have to adjust to. Ditto with the centre button protector

And finally...
Repeat at your own risk

Final thoughts. Good points and room for improvement
Overall, I am quite happy. Does the job and is splash-proof :p Inclusion of protectors a bonus. I picked the see-through frosted style over the black as I thought it would look best to show off your Nano colour

Minor niggle would be to make the hold-switch hole smaller. And being incredibly niggly, an extra set of protectors could be included as trapped dust and air pockets are so easy to get

Touching on the Deluxe version, whilst it is prettier, the lack of a textured side meant it felt more prone to dropping for me when I played with it in the store. Lanyard attachment as I mentioned above looked nice and it would be nice to have the option but the fear of dropping it overruled. Far better I would suggest would have been for Marware to simply expand on the standard Sport Grip design and add holes at the back for lanyard attachment

But in the end if you do not care for a lanyard, and are looking for a silicone case do not look too much further

Last edited:
Hi just opened my 8Gig Nano, now this might make me sound stupid (probably am) but can someone please tell me what the thing is that looks like a stand is? It looks like it should fit into something and also appears to be upside down when the nano is fitted into it. Can I really be this thick?:blush:

>can someone please tell me what the thing is that looks like a stand is<

The dock adapter? They snap into all the newer docks so that any ipod will fit.

Thanks for the reply. I now have to decide if i am as stupid as I thought I was?:confused:

Hi, thanks for the last reply's. Now I have another question that might be itunes related. I have been ripping my cd collection to the computer and have updated all the artwork within itunes, however when I sync this with the Nano not all the artwork is copied accross, and I cant seem to find a way to get it to do this. Can someone advise please? (I have tried the help files within itunes but still no joy)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom