August 2011 Photo Competition - Launch & Discussion

Zone

Reaction score
Well done AVTEZ59 for winning July's Competition on ANY OLD IRON with this shot HERE :thumbsup:

For August Terry has chosen the theme.

RED

I LIKE ;)

As always

who will once again be supplying a 10x8" print of the winning shot :)

And Gordon @

who is once again offering his services for a free ISF calibration, terms and conditions apply, see below :thumbsup:

Closing date is Sunday 28th august at 7pm or thereabouts.

Terms and conditions for ISF Calibration prize:
Prize: 1 x ISF calibration
Only available on mainland uk
Calibration will be done when Convergent are already in your area
There is no cash alternative
If winner is out with mainland UK then if travel costs are covered we will honour the prize

Last edited:
Interesting theme again and well done on the win Avtez :cool:

JIm

Red, ohh, one of my favourite subjects!! :) This should be fun :)

Well....really chuffed !!. Thanks to all who voted, really appreciated.:smashin:

Hope you find the theme of RED challenging and inspiring!

Terry

Quick question, and I think I now the answer anyway, but are pictures that were taken today, but after this thread was started allowed? I'm guessing not as it's the 'August' competition but thought I'd pose the question anyway :)

Quick question, and I think I now the answer anyway, but are pictures that were taken today, but after this thread was started allowed? I'm guessing not as it's the 'August' competition but thought I'd pose the question anyway :)

Yes they're allowed as long as they were taken after the "Launch & Discussion" thread was posted ;)

Closing date is Sunday 28th august at 7pm or thereabouts.

Bugger, away at that time.

Was going to get a pic of a lifeguard or red flag on the surfing beach to enter.

Not to worry, have another idea.

No nicking me first one any of ya :nono::nono::nono:

Interestingly enough in the "Urban Colour" themed competition not so long ago many great minds chose "red"

Interestingly enough in the "Urban Colour" themed competition not so long ago many great minds chose "red"

Well spotted - I guess you'll just be sticking that Santa Hat on the cat again ? :D

Jim

The way I've thought about the theme is that the subject should not simply be something that is red, but it should be 'red' itself.

:):):)
:):mad::)

The way I've thought about the theme is that the subject should not simply be something that is red, but it should be 'red' itself.

:):mad::)

Dan....trying to get my head around that rather confusing (to me) comment.Can you explain further ??:confused:

Terry.

ZONE!: Check your private messages, please. I sent you one :)

Congrats on the winning shot, but no so keen on your chosen theme, think its going to take a litle creative thinking to come up with an idea... unless I can get away with a self portrait of my rather painful sunburn! ;)

All well, have always enjoyed a challenge!!!

Dan....trying to get my head around that rather confusing (to me) comment.Can you explain further ??:confused:

Terry.

Sorry I missed this,

Here's an example of what I was thinking at the time...

If you posted a red ball on it's own, you describe it as a 'red ball'.

However a red ball amongst white balls, you ignore 'ball' - what stands out is 'red'.

I'm not sure if either of my ramblings make any real sense :)

Attachments

• red-ball-5516cf.jpg
    red-ball-5516cf.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 62
Sorry I missed this,

Here's an example of what I was thinking at the time...

If you posted a red ball on it's own, you describe it as a 'red ball'.

However a red ball amongst white balls, you ignore 'ball' - what stands out is 'red'.

I'm not sure if either of my ramblings make any real sense :)

BALLS :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom