Game Of The Year 2010 (all Format) Nominations Thread

CAS FAN

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
It's that time yet again folks!

This year many of us were again found to be Bad Company on the Battlefield, whilst others found that their Halo’s were in Reach!

The Rain was Heavy at times and some found that the Effect that this had was more Massive than the first time. Whether Red or Dead, many found their Redemption, whether that was out in their Starcraft or whether they were an intergalactic plumber searching for stars!

The Call of Duty was strong for some, whilst other felt the need for a Hot Pursuit. The God’s went to War for a 3rd time and we finally....finally got to go on our 5th Grand Tour!

Yes...it's the time for us at the AVForums to decide on what we feel is our game of the year for 2010!

Below are the previous years threads for those who want to look back over how it's gone in the past....

2009 GOTY Thread (All Format) - Winner Uncharted 2
2009 GOTY Nominations Thread (all Format)
2008 GOTY Thread (All Format) - Winner MGS4
2008 GOTY Nominations Thread (All Format)
2007 GOTY Thread (All Format) - Winner COD4
2007 GOTY Nominations Thread (All Format)
2006 GOTY Thread (All Format) - Winner Gears of War
2005 GOTY Thread (Discussion only, no poll)
2004 GOTY Thread (Discussion only, no poll)

The rules are pretty simple....

- People have 3 nominations and the nominations should be put in order, with your personal GOTY first and then your 2nd and 3rd favourite games released in 2010.

- 1st place gets 3 points allocated, 2nd place gets 2 points and 3rd place 1 point.

- I will add all the points up and the top 15 nominated games will form the basis of the Poll to find the all format game of the year!

- Nominations can be for any game that was released in 2010.

The nomination thread will run until FRIDAY 31ST DECEMBER 2010 after which the final voting thread will be put up and will then run for one full month from SATURDAY 1ST JANUARY 2011.

It's been another cracking year, with some fantastic games to choose from, so let the nominating begin.... :)

NOMINATIONS TABLE

GAME || SCORE
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 || 29
Red Dead Redemption || 21
Mass Effect 2 || 18
F1 2010 || 14
Gran Turismo 5 || 12
Super Mario Galaxy 2 || 10
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood || 9
Heavy Rain || 8
God of War 3 || 7
Starcraft 2 || 6
FIFA 11 || 5
Super Meat Boy || 4
Donkey Kong Country Returns || 3
NFS Hot Pursuit || 3
Mafia 2 || 3
Lost Planet 2 || 2
Alan Wake || 2
Fallout New Vegas || 2
007 Goldeneye || 2
Medal of Honor || 1
Yakuza 3 || 1
Call of Duty : BO || 1
Just Cause 2 || 1
Michael Jackson Experience || 1

Last edited:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. God of War 3

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
3. Fallout New Vegas

1. Battlefield 2: Bad Company 2
2. Fifa11
3. Medal of Honor

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Lost Planet 2
3. Mafia 2

1. Donkey Kong Country Returns
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

1. Bad Company 2 (it pains me thats its an EA title)
2. F1 2010
3. I dont really have a 3, but the game I have spent most time on is Fable 3, which I guess means it has to be that if anything. In reality, the short time I spent on Red Dead would have this as my number 3, and if I had played it quite a bit, I'm sure there is a good chance it would have been my 1 or 2. So, 3rd choice, RDR.

Last edited by a moderator:
hell I forgot about that game. Absolute stunner and I want to play though again sometime. :thumbsup:

:D I did elude to it in my introduction.

hell I forgot about that game. Absolute stunner and I want to play though again sometime. :thumbsup:

cracking game, unfortunatley released earlier in the year and forgotten. looked at many gaming sites few mention it.

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Fallout New Vegas
3. Alan Wake

1) Assassins Creed Brotherhood
2) Battlefield Bad Company 2
3) Yakuza 3

1: Super Mario galaxy 2
2: Heavy rain
3: Gran turismo 5

Hands down it's super mario galaxy 2. One if the best experiences I've had on any of the current gen consoles. Many on here will dismiss it as the wii isn't that popular but it's just gaming class.

1. RDR - story, gameplay, design, everything

2. Heavy Rain - I didn't actually think this would be that good but I've never played a game where I actually gave a **** about not dying. It's also the first game I have actually watched others play for hours on end and not sat there thinking...can I have a go?

3. Mass Effect 2 -

1. God of War 3 - Not many games grab my attention and rule my life till it's finished. This is defo one of them.

2. NFS: Hot Pursuit - You can keep your realistic racing sims, I'll just go out and drive for real.....for a video game this is where it's at, fast paced, adrenaline pumping speed and action. Best racer out at the moment IMO.

3. Bad Company 2 - CoD? Try getting massive maps, vehicles and destructible environments and then you might come close. Best fps on consoles in a very saturated genre.

1. Mass Effect 2
2. Heavy Rain
3. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

1. Red Dead Redemption
2. F1 2010
3. Fallout: New Vegas

1. Battlefield: Bad Company 2
2. 007 Goldeneye
3. Battlefield: BC2: Vietnam - Does this count? If not then please use FIFA 11.

3. Battlefield: BC2: Vietnam - Does this count? If not then please use FIFA 11.

It's an expansion pack, therefore i've used FIFA 11.

1. Bad Company
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. GT5

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom