Onkyo (TX-NR 1007) Webinterface Programming

fashice

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've started to program a web interface to the Onkyo Receiver.
Pictured is the 1st interface i made (i only got my Onkyo a few days)

Now adding a big list of commands i found in a list.
You can compile your own interface just by editing a csv file (comma separated values)
(hundreds of commands for most Onkyo systems)

eISCP (Integra Serial Control Protocol over Ethernet) using apache, php

Anyone interested in testing?

Anyone got a list of 1007 specific commands, or a updated list of the excel file containing the codes? (named binding.xls or rs232Rcvr_2008.xls on the internet)
(i've got 30 june 2008 v1.11)

henri

onkyo.png

Last edited:
Hi fashice,

I don't think to many people actually have this receiver yet, and if so, they are too busy playnig with it.

Question: Why would you want a web-interface? Are you planning on accessing the unit remotely?

Hi,

It's not only for a 1007 version

These types should also work:
TX-DS989
TX-DS787
TX-DS797
TX-DS898
TX-NR900
TX-NR901
TX-SR702
TX-NR1000
TX-NR5000
ETX-NA1000
TX-SR703
TX-SR803
TX-SR804
TX-SR805
TX-SA805
TX-SR875
TX-SA875
TX-NR905
TX-NA905
PR-SC885
TX-SR705
TX-SR706
TX-SA706
TX-SR806
TX-SA806
TX-SA706X
TX-SR876
TX-SA876
TX-SA806X
PR-SC886
TX-NR906
TX-NA906
TX-NA906X
+ other iscp (eiscp) enabled receivers

I liked to be able to control my receiver using a webinterface so a can control volume/soundmodes/etc using a browser on my laptop or mobile/pda by wifi. (around the house ... think multizone .. so when i'm not near enough using my ir-remote controlling my receiver )
And it's faster than using several keys on my remote. :)

Furthermore .. it's a nice little programming project

Cheers,
Henri

I would be interested in testing it. I have a TX-NR 3007 hooked up to speakers in a bedroom on the other side of a large home. The home is fully wired for ethernet with wireless as well. Instead of buying into an expensive and proprietary way of controlling the receiver remotely I intend to use an Apple iPod touch connected wirelessly to my home network to control the receiver from the bedroom. I intended to write a Java applet but really any way to access it via the web interface would suffice as long as it supports the various command options.
In trying out the program that was posted in a TX-NR 905 forum it worked on a PC. It just didn't support many of the commands. Was able to turn it on / off and a few other basic things.

Download link send ... to ctlu008 kaisersotze and mccltd
Let me know if it works for you.
Installation instructions included in zip file

H

Last edited:
I would also be interested.

I'm using a 905 at the moment but loking to change it for a 1007 or a 3007 shortly.

I would be interested too. I have just bought an TX-NR807. I have managed to send commands using a perl script, but there are many open questions. I have asked Onkyo support for an upated list of commands, but did not get a response yet.

Are there commands to control a tv set through HDMI-CEC? Powering up would be sufficient for me at the moment.

Tschüss,

Mali

I'll send ya the download link in a minute ..
look at the xls file for commands

Hi

I have the Onkyo 807 and I am also interested on the WebInterface.
Can you send me the link also.

Thanks
Kobza

hi fashice,

i just got my brand new onkyo TX-NR807. I've just tried the ISCP Remote, quite cool. But your tool looks more comfortable and seems to have more options.

So please, let me join your new project :)

Hi,

Even I am intrested in testing this application. This is a gr8 App, Let me know if you can include me in this project.

I can contribute to the coding and testing. I am commecial IT consultant.

I will look forward to your email.

Thanks,
Aman

Hi, i would be really interested in trying this out. I have the 906 and it is fully networked as I use the network feature all the time for playing music. The interface would be really nice if it could controll the play of music over the network. The controlls need only be the same as using the the remote ie start stop and next track etc. :smashin:

Download @ http://www.fash.nu/iscp/iscp.zip

enjoy ...

stuff to do : fixing a better volume slider, reading status from receiver and preset/tuning entries (whenever i have more time)

craig1n look at the NTC commands

For people trying this : Let me know if it works, and on which receiver.
Also for people trying this on windows .. let me know

Cheers,
Henri Aanstoot

I can confirm this is working on a 906 and with vista 32bit.:clap: How cool would it be now if it would work with my iphone.

changed 204.php for xampp/windows users
added a bigger cmds.csv example

enjoy

thanks craig1n for letting me know it works

This is great stuff - I now have zone2 controls via a browser (zone2 is my patio/pool area).

I have a TX-NR1007, and use IE8 from WinXP. Works perfectly.

One question - the following trick doesn't work on the iPhone (Safari) - clicking any button leaves me on a blank 204.php page:
Code:
// trick browser into staying on same page
header("HTTP/1.0 204 No Response");

Craig1n - how did you get this working on the iPhone? I can send commands no problem, but always end up on a blank 204.php page.

Anyone remember enough html code to know how to make this work in Safari?

Many, many thanks,
-Simon

Would anyone be so kind as to do an "idiots guide" to setting this up? I have macs and an iPhone, and an 807 but lack basic html knowledge!

One question - the following trick doesn't work on the iPhone (Safari) - clicking any button leaves me on a blank 204.php page:
Code:

Craig1n - how did you get this working on the iPhone? I can send commands no problem, but always end up on a blank 204.php page.

Anyone remember enough html code to know how to make this work in Safari?

Many, many thanks,
-Simon[/QUOTE]

That is what happens on my iPhone too. I just press the back button for now.

Code:

That is what happens on my iPhone too. I just press the back button for now.

I fixed it by using a meta-refresh tag in 204.php (instead of the "No Response" header), here's what my version looks like now:

Code:
<?php
// Henri Aanstoot
// Onkyo Reciever Web Interface 2009
// Version 0.6b - 23 Oct 2009
// EDIT THIS
$receiveripnumber="192.168.0.243";
$receiverlistenport="60128";
// maximum to set volume (0-100)
$volumemax=40;
// ---- NO EDITING BELOW THIS LINE
[B]// trick browser into staying on same page[/B]
[B]// header("HTTP/1.0 204 No Response");[/B]
// write to Receiver
$fp = pfsockopen($receiveripnumber, $receiverlistenport, $errno, $errstr, 30);
//get command from post form
$command=$_POST['cmd'];
//get volume if cmd is numeric
if(is_numeric($command))
 {
if ($command > $volumemax) { $command=$volumemax; }
echo $command;
  $vol=str_pad(dechex($command), 2, '0', STR_PAD_LEFT);
  $command="!1MVL$vol";
 }
// Calculate header and datapacket lengths
$length=strlen($command);
$length=$length+1;
$total=$length+16;
$code=chr($length);
// total eiscp packet to send
$line="ISCP\x00\x00\x00\x10\x00\x00\x00$code\x01\x00\x00\x00".$command."\x0D";
#fputs($fp,$line,$total);
// write
fwrite($fp, $line);
fclose($fp);
?>
[B]<html>[/B]
[B]<head>[/B]
[B]<title>Sending Command...</title>[/B]
[B]<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=index.php">[/B]
[B]</head>[/B]
[B]<body></body>[/B]
[B]</html>[/B]

This worked fine with WinXP/IE8, WinXP/Firefox3, as well as iPhone/Safari.

-Simon

Would anyone be so kind as to do an "idiots guide" to setting this up? I have macs and an iPhone, and an 807 but lack basic html knowledge!

So I rarely touch Mac/OSX, so this is a little sketchy...

1) Setup a webserver. It appears that OSX already has Apache/PHP, see Using Apache and PHP on Mac OS X to activate them both.

2) Unzip the iscp.zip into it's own directory. From the above link, I'd bet /Users/yourusername/Sites/ would be a good choice.

3) Now edit the 204.php file and put your receivers IP address and port# in there (see the comments near the top).
Code:
$receiveripnumber="192.168.0.243";
$receiverlistenport="60128";

4) Fire up a web browser on the same Mac, and surf to "http://localhost/~yourusername". If that works, then try...

5) From your iphone, replace "localhost" with the ip-address of your Mac - i.e. http://192.168.0.24/~yourusername. (this is assumming that your iphone is using your home's wireless network).

-Simon

Hi guys,

Nice to see it working for you.
I've looked at the 204 problem on iphone.
It should work but i don't have a iphone
(found this Ben Ramsey » Blog Archive » HTTP Status: 204 No Content and 205 Reset Content)

i've made a change to the 204 script, it now (probably) detects a iphone and reverts to the meta-refresh workaround. (see simons post)

Thanks for everyone helping each other out, i'm quite busy ...

Henri

Ps: working on status reading right now. But still don't know if i want to use ajax for this.

The new file works with the iPhone. I only have a very basic level of programming so thanks for the workaround.

I've rewritten the code and added the capbality for status informations.
The Java-Script for the volume is not implemented yet.

In the cmds.csv, you can make status entries:
Code:
 status,!1PWRQSTN,Power
In the stati.cv, you can translate the output to user friendly text:
Code:
 !1ZPW00,<font color='red'>OFF</font>
 !1ZPW01,<font color='green'>ON</font>
http://forum.mwa.dyndns.org/downloads/iscp.zip

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom