Panasonic Blu-ray and Hard Disc Recorders for 2013

hodg100

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
With fancy 'record from anywhere' app included

Panasonic has announced its new range of High Definition Recorders, the all in one Blu-ray Disc Recorder (DMR-BWT735), combined HDD digital recorder and Blu-ray Disc players (DMR-PWT635, DMR-PWT535/530) and HDD Digital recorders (DMR-HWT230, DMR-HWT130).

New to this year’s models is the remote recording service which enables users to record from anywhere. Once registered for the service, users will never miss their favourite program again as, by using a tablet or smartphone with internet connectivity, the EPG can be accessed, navigated and the desired programme selected for timer recording. Additionally, the recording program will not interrupt the program currently being viewed.

By using either the DLNA network feature in combination the built-in Wi-Fi of the BWT735, PWT635 and HWT230 , users can stream live broadcasts or recorded content to anywhere in the house enabling it to be viewed in multiple rooms on a VIERA TV. The BWT735’s DIGA Player app even allows this content to be viewed on a tablet or smartphone.

attachment.php

Unique to the four Blu-ray Disc playing models is the new Pure Sound Mode. During disc playback, noise generating parts such as the hard disk drive and tuner are halted allowing the audio to sound crisp and clear.

The four Blu-ray Disc playing models also feature Panasonic’s fastest DIGA operation to date with the EPG displaying, direct navigator appearing and the tray opening almost instantly (around one second) after pressing the EPG button.

All six models are compatible with the Panasonic’s home AV online platform VIERA Connect .

The DMR-BWT735 combines 3D image playback, Blu-ray Disc archiving, IP content playback, and twin HD tuner functions into a single recorder. Furthermore, two digital broadcasts can be recorded at the same time with the DMR-BWT735’s integrated twin HD tuners, so users can simultaneously watch and record a digital broadcast. A built-in 1TB HDD allows it to record up to 259 hours of HDTV programmes in DR mode, or 684 hours in HM mode.

Attachments

• bwt.jpg
    bwt.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 6,559
Am glad to have ignored the holiday sales to see what 2013 would bring

Is there a table showing at a glance the differences?

Thanx for interesting info on these new models...can you give a timescale for release on prices for them?

Cheers,
Nitemare :smashin:

Thanx for interesting info on these new models...can you give a timescale for release on prices for them?

Cheers,
Nitemare :smashin:

Expect sub-£500 (Edit - Release expected last week in may / early June )

just about to buy a DMRHW220 for £208 but wonder if its worth waiting for the 230. I see the 230 is already for sale at £270 so presume it is released or these are grey imports?

Not a lot of obvious difference although the recording setting by smartphone looks useful but in terms of DNLA streaming to other TV's in the house I was hoping the 220 did this - or doesn't it? I have a sony ex320 I hoped to use as a client.

I see the 230 is already for sale at £270 so presume it is released or these are grey imports?

Are you sure?

I cant find any such with searches.

Does the DMR-BWT735 come with RGB Scart In?

Does the DMR-BWT735 come with RGB Scart In?

I don't have any detail of that yet but it is extremely doubtful, given that Panasonic abandoned RGB input on it's last model outing.

I noticed that the manual of the DMR-PWT635 had appeared here. Not much info on remote record, but it did eventually lead to here, suggesting we will need to wait a few more months yet for this too launch...

New models from panasonic

DMR BST835 with DVB-S Tuner and 1TB Hard Drive - Silver Model: 679 EUR
DMR BST735 with DVB-S tuner and 500GB Hard Drive - Silver Model: 579 EUR
DMR BST730 with DVB-S tuner and 500GB Hard Drive - Black Model: 579 EUR
DMR BCT835 with DVB-C and DVB-T tuner and 1TB Hard Drive - Silver Model: 679 EUR
DMR BCT835 with DVB-C and DVB-T tuner and 500GB Hard Drive - Silver Model: 579 EUR
DMR BCT835 with DVB-C and DVB-T tuner and 500GB Hard Drive - Black Model: 579 EUR

http://www.av-magazin.de/frontpage.447+M5e71ab05f51.0.html

press release: http://www.panasonic.de/html/de_DE/...vom+Marktführer+Panasonic/12772301/index.html

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom