NAS/External Drive/Other?

iambasil

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I know a bit about these things, but am a little lost in the current technology. I'd really appreciate it if a couple of you experts could advise on what you think is a good solution. I'll lay out what I have and what I need:

Have:
- MacBook Pro (2010) - used heavily and virtually full
- MacBook (2006) - missus uses it for browsing
- XBox 360 (connected) - used as a wireless media device (Rivet on MBP)
- 1TB external hard drive - partitioned part mac, part PC format (kept off-site and backs up macs (TMachine) and Bootcamp partition)
- 250GB external drive, virtually full of extra files of mine
- iPad, iPhone, Android devices
- Routers (N and others)

Need:
- More space on MacBook Pro (currently has a lot I would happily leave on an external - eg films)
- A robust backing up system at home
- Wireless access to items I don't have space for on my MBP (eg films)
- Important files backed up offsite (already happening)

So, I was thinking I'd get something to attach to my router that I can backup everything to, store things on that I don't have space for my MBP and still be able to access wirelessly from the laptops and XBox. Internet access isn't really important. I also thought it would be wise to backup those files that exclusively sit on this new router attached hard drive somewhere.

Am I on a sensible track and would you recommend any structure for hardware and any particular products to buy?

Really appreciate your thoughts. If there is a more appropriate forum for this q, please let me know.

Basil

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom