my setup

Reaction score
EDIT: Now 17, links to updated setup at the bottom of this post!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL:

Hi guys, im 15 and heres my setup

TV with ps3 world visualizer.
DSC00439.jpg

TV and Fronts from below.
DSC00459.jpg

Amp and Sky HD
DSC00442.jpg

PS3
DSC00443.jpg

Games
DSC00447.jpg

Blu-Rays
DSC00448.jpg

Sub
DSC00450-1.jpg

Full Kit list:

Samsung LE32A558
320gb PS3
Samsung Sky HD
Sony STR-DH800
Jamo A102HCS5
Logitech Harmony One
BT home hub 2.0 and phone 2.1
Masterplug 8 socket plug

Hope you like:suicide:
All saved and paid for myself.

--------------------EDIT---------------------------

Updated: 02/01/2012

Link to update post: [1] [2]

Updated Kit List:

• Sony KDL-40EX403
  • Sony STR-DH800
  • Sky+HD 1TB box
  • PS3 Slim (120Gb/320Gb)
  • Xbox 360 Slim (250gb)
  • Fronts - Wharfedale 9.1
  • Centre - Wharfedale 10.CC
  • Rears - Jamo A102 (4/5/6/7)
  • Sub - Jamo ....... (From A102HCS5 package)
  • iPad 2 WiFi (32Gb)
  • iPhone 4S (32Gb)
  • HP DV7-2215sa
  • 1TB External HDD
  • Logitech Harmony 900 (with RF Extender)
  • Logitech Harmony PS3 Adaptor
  • Dimmer light switch (controlled through RF/IR extender with Harmony 900)
  • 3x DS3 controllers
  • 2x Xbox 360 controllers
  • Turtle Beach PX21s
  • Sony Wireless Headphones
  • Denon AHC-360 earbuds
  • 200+ Blu-Rays
  • 15+ PS3 Games
  • 15 Xbox 360 Games
  • Apple Universal Dock (connected to amp)
  • BT Home Hub 2.0 (15mb Broadband)

Pics from start to finish: Click.

Last edited:
sweet mate

good tv for its price i got the same but differnet look

for the two black cable condiuct go to b&q and get some D shape cable trunkin and paint it the same colour as your wall or some thing this is the stuff but i wasn't that price i paid £12 i think

Nice set-up :thumbsup:

sweet mate

good tv for its price i got the same but differnet look

for the two black cable condiuct go to b&q and get some D shape cable trunkin and paint it the same colour as your wall or some thing this is the stuff but i wasn't that price i paid £12 i think

going in the wall soon:thumbsup: as its only plasterboard:rolleyes:

wow, great set up for 14, skyHD and a phone in your room, i had a megadrive n a 14" tv when i was 14:smashin:

wow, great set up for 14, skyHD and a phone in your room, i had a megadrive n a 14" tv when i was 14:smashin:

thanks mate the phone is one of 3 cordless phones so is not really mine but i am the only one in the house just before and after school and am in my room unless im out so was easier to have one in there:thumbsup:

and if anyone is wandering the homehub(ps3)/sky box are supplied through a hole in the wall through to my mums room to the phone point(extended) ethernet to ps3 for quicker dl and no lag:eek:

anyway thanks for all the comments guys:thumbsup::clap:

looking good, reminds me of mine actually :)

have you thought about making it a bit more of a feature by maybe adding a floating wall, this would enable you to hide those pesky wires and also get your speakers spaced out a bit more.

Great potential there!

14?! wow! nice set up. what job at 14 gives you that kind of money? im assuming its not a paper round!

looking good, reminds me of mine actually :)

have you thought about making it a bit more of a feature by maybe adding a floating wall, this would enable you to hide those pesky wires and also get your speakers spaced out a bit more.

Great potential there!

14?! wow! nice set up. what job at 14 gives you that kind of money? im assuming its not a paper round!

@ andy have been playing with sketchup but new amp/speakers are to be first as atm everything into tv via hdmi then from tv to amp through optical:thumbsdowsound from all of the wrong places:thumbsdow then a new laptop:thumbsup:

@ sparky it is a paper round actually, get £40ish a month so in a few months it adds up, i will say though i get £70ish a birthday and £200ish xmas, quite a bit but not as much as some of my mates get:thumbsdow but they waste it and then wonder why they can't afford anything.

cracking setup m8 nice to see you buying your own stuff :smashin:. And nice to see you spending your monry on good things not just drink and smoking and so on.

Really nice set up mate - I would have been proud to own that when I was 14! Even more so that you have saved and paid for it yourself - I remember how much hard work my paper round used to be :rolleyes:

Is that your subwoofer right next to the pillows on your bed?! Must be deafening when watching films in bed :D

Really nice set up mate - I would have been proud to own that when I was 14! Even more so that you have saved and paid for it yourself - I remember how much hard work my paper round used to be :rolleyes:

Is that your subwoofer right next to the pillows on your bed?! Must be deafening when watching films in bed :D

thanks everyone again:thumbsup:
under where the pillows are mate, i normally sit against the back wall or on the edge of the bed, but i have watched a few action movies whilst, well sleeping position, nearly blew my head off.:thumbsup::thumbsup: any way i'm very pleased with it all, except the 5.1 so once the new amp is in room is pretty much complete:thumbsup:, then a floating wal:rolleyes:

EDIT just read your comment again and forgot to say its IN my bed:devil::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
You will love a separates system as it makes such a difference. My parents have a Samsung all-in-one out of the box job and compared to my Cambridge Audio / Mordaunt Short setup it's not even in the same league - but then I suppose mine cost more money so you would hope it sounds better!

14 :eek: and your rents pay for you to have Sky HD in your room. Not fair :\
lol
Although that TV doesnt look 32inch.
At first i thought it was like 20 compared to the unit you have below. Nice setup for 14 :D

14 :eek: and your rents pay for you to have Sky HD in your room. Not fair :\
lol
Although that TV doesnt look 32inch.
At first i thought it was like 20 compared to the unit you have below. Nice setup for 14 :D

i give my mum the moneys for sky each month (£19.90) as we already have most of the package downstairs. It is 32" looked huge to start with, used to it now though, and i tidied up some of the cables the other night and unplugged the sub so had gone a week without it:eek: dont know how i didnt notice:rotfl: but just played some music and the bed wasnt shaking:Dso checked and it was unplugged, its definately working now though:smashin:much to my mums horror:devil:

i give my mum the moneys for sky each month (£19.90) as we already have most of the package downstairs. It is 32" looked huge to start with, used to it now though, and i tidied up some of the cables the other night and unplugged the sub so had gone a week without it:eek: dont know how i didnt notice:rotfl: but just played some music and the bed wasnt shaking:Dso checked and it was unplugged, its definately working now though:smashin:much to my mums horror:devil:

So thats like half your months wages already gone. Shame i dont have Sky already otherwise i would do the same as you :( I dont like Virgin Media, its not even worth getting the HD package. :\
Yeah my 26" looks tiny compared to my projected image. This is my setup btw http://www.avforums.com/forums/members-home-cinema-gallery/780974-alexhodge1234s-bed-room-set-up.html

My mum doesnt like my sub on also, lol. I found it funny how when it wasnt even on she would be like "TURN IT DOWN!", tis also funny when you play a racing game on and you have the exhaust sounds blaring through the sub. xD

Cracking setup for 14. :thumbsup:

I here what you say about the sub as well, my mum hates it. Oh well, it's getting replaced with a much bigger one soon, she'll just have to put up with it. :D

So thats like half your months wages already gone. Shame i dont have Sky already otherwise i would do the same as you :( I dont like Virgin Media, its not even worth getting the HD package. :\
Yeah my 26" looks tiny compared to my projected image. This is my setup btw http://www.avforums.com/forums/memb...ry/780974-alexhodge1234s-bed-room-set-up.html

My mum doesnt like my sub on also, lol. I found it funny how when it wasnt even on she would be like "TURN IT DOWN!", tis also funny when you play a racing game on and you have the exhaust sounds blaring through the sub. xD

i wish i had enough room for a pj:(:thumbsdow

on the subject of mums she thinks that the sky cs channel is the police outside LOL

addy - this is just the beginning for you I'm sure. You're extremely well self educated in all things AV so I know future updates won't let any of us down.;)

It's refreshing to see someone of your age that actually knows what they're talking about and has a genuine interest in all things AV, rather that it just being a passing whim. You're a lucky lad - it looks great, and keep striving young man.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

addy - this is just the beginning for you I'm sure. You're extremely well self educated in all things AV so I know future updates won't let any of us down.;)

It's refreshing to see someone of your age that actually knows what they're talking about and has a genuine interest in all things AV, rather that it just being a passing whim. You're a lucky lad - it looks great, and keep striving young man.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks force means a lot coming from you,:rotfl: next upgrade is a Fisual HDMI cable, as i ordered that and 30m of their miniature series speaker cable ready for when i go separate(dh800 or dg820 & jamo a102's) in june/july will post updates in here of that and the cables in wall:D:D:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom