Inzaman's refurbished Home Cinema Room

inzaman

Reaction score
Due to a burst pipe in my cinema room in November it forced my hand to redecorate earlier than i was going to. Here are some pictures of my new cinema room which i have only recently finished.

DSCF1527.jpg

DSCF1525.jpg

DSCF1522.jpg

DSCF1529.jpg

DSCF1528.jpg

Last edited:
The screen is a Carada 2.05 ratio which i have variable masking to mask for ratio's from approx 2.5 to 1.66 - the picture above is 2.35 mode. My equipment list is;

Parasound HCA-2205 Amp
Onkyo PR-SC5508 Processor
Sony S370 BD player
Toshiba EP35 HDDVD player
WDTV for all my DVDs
M&K MP150 x 3 at the front covered in Devore Velvet
M&K K4 at the rear covered in Devore Velvet
BK XXLS-400 Sub
JVC HD 350 Projector

The pj is still white as my last colour scheme was brown and cream as can be seen here. For those interested the original cellar conversion can be seen here.

For this colour scheme i have used Dulux Night Jewels 4 matt emulsion for the grey areas and most of the ceiling, the wallpaper is Skulls Flock wallpaper by Barbara Hulanicki and the screen wall/part ceiling is photographic velvet which is totally light absorbant and anti-reflective.

Last edited:
BD/Steelbook display
DSCF1520.jpg

Some memorabilia - original Star Wars figures etc

DSCF1533.jpg

DSCF1524.jpg

Last edited:
Looks amazing bro

Very nice :smashin:

Think I need to stay away from seeing a shrink and their ink blot tests as I'm seeing some disturbing images in your black flock wallpaper.

Love the wallpaper

I hate looking on these home cinema threads, it just reminds me of what i'll never have :(

Gorgeous room though..... ya lucky ******* :rotfl:

very nice indeed...

Fantastic job mate....:smashin:

Thanks for the compliments, the difference this colour scheme has made to the feel of the room and more importantly the picture quality is amazing. The whole viewing experience is now far superior than previous.

Nice setup, where did you get the sign from??

Thanks, i got the sign from a fellow forum member many years ago.

Think I need to stay away from seeing a shrink and their ink blot tests as I'm seeing some disturbing images in your black flock wallpaper.
You want to try it with the lights off :eek:
Love the wallpaper
Thanks, i really wanted to utilise flock paper in the room to add a bit of plushness but the majority of flock is floral and with it being predominantly a 'boys room' i wanted something a bit more manly so to speak - i was totally over the moon when i saw this :cool: and designed by a woman too :D

Last edited:
I remember your original thread if my memory is correct, that was class, especially the kitchen, etc. Your whole setup still looks the dogs do da's. Very nice indeed...

Phil.

Very, very nice.

All very classy and beautiful finish. As mentioned the Skull wallpaper is divine and very understated, I didnt see the skulls until I looked after it was mentions.

Jealous to the max over here!!

Cool room! I love the star wars figure cabinet! :D

How do you mask for different ratios?

Cool room! I love the star wars figure cabinet! :D

How do you mask for different ratios?

Thanks again guys.

As for the SW cabinet i am in the process (have been on and off for the past three years :rolleyes:) collecting the original 96 figures in mint condition. I also have some very highly graded AFA SW figures and would like the full 96 AFA graded but too much £££

As for the masking i did a post on it in my first gallery thread here. Any questions just ask :)

Inzaman, thanks for the pics.

I can't see the MP150 speakers, are they underneath or behind the screen? Either way is there any chance you could post some pics so the speakers are more visible?

Also what is the size of the screen and the size of your room?

Many thanks

Excellent room - that wallpaper is highly original ! The Star Wars cabinets do it for me.....well jealous !

Are the figures original Kenner/Palitoy ones ?

Inzaman, thanks for the pics.

I can't see the MP150 speakers, are they underneath or behind the screen? Either way is there any chance you could post some pics so the speakers are more visible?

Also what is the size of the screen and the size of your room?

Many thanks

I have messed with the mid-tone of this picture to try and brighten it up so you can see them and then also circled them in red to give you an idea as to where they are on the wall.

The screen size is 7 foot wide and is a 2.05 ratio so 40 inches in height. The room is approximately 10.5ft x 11.5ft at the maximum dimensions.

Attachments

• MP150 highlight.jpg
    MP150 highlight.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 2,885

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom