My Updated Student Setup

warrenhewitt10

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, placement has happened....and with that more money has arrived, so I felt it was time to go A/V shopping!

Firstly the new kit

LG 50" 1080p Plasma
Klipsch Sub 10
Klipsch F-2 speakers
Yamaha RX-V420RDS
Phillips BD3000 Blu Ray player
Xbox 360 60GB
MacBook 13"

The screen on the wall was for the projector, but its currently for sale,

5178898909_440d28ce61_z.jpg

5179500794_ef670e66a4_z.jpg

5178901109_6f392f06fc_z.jpg

5179507228_49252a7f68_z.jpg

5179511256_824850a2a7_z.jpg

5179513036_e3ec8584e2_z.jpg

5178911295_651266c477_z.jpg

5179516922_2cd5e62e8e_z.jpg

5178916719_95a35640f7_z.jpg

5178917999_5271bd9c7a_z.jpg

I absolutely love the stuff :)

Please feel free to leave any comments and opinions

Last edited:
nice gear u got there mate,
i got the same sub (klipshc 10"), its awesome...:thumbsup:

just one thing... Did you try to move the subwoofer in another place?

I havnt moved this sub, had a lot of trail and error with my old sub and found that place to be about the best so I thought I would go for the same position, due to the size of it i dont have much choice either lol, and yes I am overly impressed with the sub, it sounds exactly how I would like, no complaints at all

Hell of a setup for a student bedroom! Been collecting gear for the last 3 years (I'm postgrad now) and my living room is only just starting to look like a "real person's" A/V room haha! Great setup anyway v jealous mate

I havnt moved this sub, had a lot of trail and error with my old sub and found that place to be about the best so I thought I would go for the same position, due to the size of it i dont have much choice either lol, and yes I am overly impressed with the sub, it sounds exactly how I would like, no complaints at all

:smashin: Very good then!

Just wondering, I'm going to paint the wall behind it all, so as to cover over the now unused screen, what colour do y'all think would work good with that strange puke green colour I painted the rest of my room with? I think I'd like it to be like a deep red or blue but I'm not sure how well that would work with the other colour...

that setup looks crazy good,:smashin: how you finding the klispch speakers?

Finding the klipsch speakers fantastic, got them cheap as they were display models , they are in perfect condition though, not a Mark on them. Crystal clear, I do notice sounds I never heard before with my Jamo's. What really suprised me was the sub, I didn't expect it to sound even half that good

And grey..... Never actually thought of that, but thinking about it, it may actualy look quite nice, needa have a wee look arround in homebase and see what sorts of stuff is available

cheers dude, bit of a change from the usual bland beige i suppose!

lol only reason for me to buy an xbox is so i can get the monster skin ,,, im hooked on the logo aswel as the drink im affraid , its all down to me motox and mountain biking days lol

Very nice looking setup there buddy, Is that a limited edition xbox?

Just wondering, I'm going to paint the wall behind it all, so as to cover over the now unused screen, what colour do y'all think would work good with that strange puke green colour I painted the rest of my room with? I think I'd like it to be like a deep red or blue but I'm not sure how well that would work with the other colour...

The darker you paint the wall behind the TV, the brighter and better the TV will look in both day and night. I read that on Apartment Therapy. :)

Nice setup, :thumbsup: I realy like the sub:smashin:

Greetz Richie

PQ looks very good Warren. Whats tht you were watching:

5178917999_5271bd9c7a_z.jpg

Cheers,

Its a BBC documentary by Brian Cox called Wonders of the Solar system, I bought a whole load of Blu ray documentaries after I got the tv because they look that damn good :D

Ah i think ive seen it. He is very good. I love watching that type of stuff. Looks fantastic in HD too..

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom