New extension with TV area

Again sorry for the delay in updating. Some pics of the new garden area, outside the new doors. The whole thing was lowered, levelled and hardcore laid, ready for me to lay the bricks (when I've got time - maybe Spring lol!) Sleepers laid for a nice effect. Sparky will place some LED lights in the beds, ready for those summer evenings!

The new colour (Dulux Arena) is going on the TV wall this afternoon. New wood floor hopefully being laid next week, or week after - it needs time to acclimatise to the room temp.

Attachments

• P1010717.jpg
    P1010717.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 236
  • P1010718.jpg
    P1010718.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 234
  • P1010724.jpg
    P1010724.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 284
Oops. Sorry again for no updates! We finished early / mid Feb and I was so engrossed in sorting my toys out, I forgot to post some pics! Anyway here you are. Rooms looks fantastic and the TV and blu-ray sound amazing. Enjoy!

(By the way, can anyone tell me how to get full-size pics on here without using thumbnails?)

Attachments

• P1010763.jpg
    P1010763.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 3,255
  • P1010767.jpg
    P1010767.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 3,175
  • P1010768.jpg
    P1010768.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 3,201
  • P1010770.jpg
    P1010770.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 718
  • P1010773.jpg
    P1010773.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 3,168
  • P1010774.jpg
    P1010774.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 3,149
A few more pics. Most of the action has been taking place (ahem!) upstairs in the new bathroom, so progress has been slow in the new garden/TV room. Anyway, we have lightning and heat from the underfloor heating - which is absoutley fantastic! More painting needed and some woodwork, then new wooden flooring, but soon the room will be ready.

Thanks for looking!

Can I ask how you got away with putting the downlights in pitched roof, i've been told you cannot do so due to building req's and heat ? ?

Also can I ask what downlights you used, setup look sweet

:thumbsup:

Can I ask how you got away with putting the downlights in pitched roof, i've been told you cannot do so due to building req's and heat ? ?

Also can I ask what downlights you used, setup look sweet

:thumbsup:

insulation has to be cut back a small bit extra and the lights are shilded at the back, they are in my build too. Passed building regs also, have certificate now.

insulation has to be cut back a small bit extra and the lights are shilded at the back, they are in my build too. Passed building regs also, have certificate now.

No pm facility showing, but "stevep360"... what happens if you add 480 to 360?
Same Steve?

Thanks guys for your comments. Mickie - the white units are Ikea Besta Burs. Look great in real life and a decent price for a good unit. We have the Besta storage units on the other side of the room for all the kids stuff - nice and hidden away!!

Not sure about the downlights, but the electrician was fine with them and the architect. Just waiting for the final building inspection, so I'll let you know!

do you need to have the doors of the Ikea Besta Burs unit open to get any interaction with the remote, wondering a PS3 would work behind the closed doors...

or does one need to have them open when using something?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom