Sony X3000/X3500 Series Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it is already dimmed. Don't forget it is now darker outside than it was in summer, thus darker inside. Try shining a bright torch at the light sensor to see if the picture gets brighter. A lot of people have this feature turned off, but I like the way it dims when the ambient light level reduces, I think it keeps the picture quality more consistent.

John.

does the light sensor only change the backlight settings?? i got my back light set to 3..
thanks..

does the light sensor only change the backlight settings?? i got my back light set to 3..
thanks..

It doesn't matter what setting you have the backlight set at, it should still alter the picture brightness. Are you shining the torch in the correct place? The ambient light sensor is in the same place as the ir sensor.

John.

It doesn't matter what setting you have the backlight set at, it should still alter the picture brightness. Are you shining the torch in the correct place? The ambient light sensor is in the same place as the ir sensor.

John.

i tried placing the torch on it, i didnt notice the brighness going up but when i switched off the torch i did feel the screen went dimmer very slightly :)
but it lowered the brightness very slowly & didnt just dim the screen all of a sudden:rolleyes: is it that way??
thanks..

Yes thats right. It only works slowly. This means you don't really notice when it does it, but when you turn the feature off with low ambient light you do notice the change.

John. :)

Yes thats right. It only works slowly. This means you don't really notice when it does it, but when you turn the feature off with low ambient light you do notice the change.

John. :)

yeah, when u turn the feature off with low ambient light the screen becomes much brighter, that normal right??

I may be wrong but this looks like the problem I identified earlier this thread (2 pages ago). I think you're trying to get the HDMI inputs to the TV to pass the digital 5.1 signal through to the optical out on the telly. This unfortunately doesn't seem to work for DRM copy protection reasons I was told. The only was to do it is to pass the optical out directly to the AV system.

Thanks for the info,
I was wondering; could you connect the ps3 from the optical to a optical/coaxial connector and then connect to the av system. (there are two digital inputs side by side, one optical and one coaxial) - would this interfere with the optical signal?

Thanks for the info,
I was wondering; could you connect the ps3 from the optical to a optical/coaxial connector and then connect to the av system. (there are two digital inputs side by side, one optical and one coaxial) - would this interfere with the optical signal?

There are various devices that enable you to switch between optical inputs ie a box that has 3 optical inputs in and 1 out which would then compensate for the lack of optical ins on the AV.
3 Way Optical Switch Box - Optical Adapters - 'a star solutions' - Audio & Video Leads, Adapters and Accessories

No you can't use both types of digital inputs at the same time on the AV box. You will find one will override the other rather than interfering.

Hi all, im new to the forum :thumbsup:

I have just recently perchased a Sony KDL 40-X3000 from my local sony store for £1099 with a 5 year warrenty. The picture quality through the television is amazing but my only concern is when watching a blu ray (through PS3, HDMI cable) or hd dvd (through X box360 ( through HD component leads supplied by Xbox) or Sky + through scart lead (bought from Sony store), I experience a judder when a camera pans left to right or vice versa or when a object moves accross the screen and gets worse if the motion enhancer is turned on high or even stardard which is highly annoying,it is more noticable through Blu Ray/HD DVD and watching sport. I was wondering if anybody else experiences this problem as it is driving me mad.

I have had a engineer out once who changed all the settings which reduced the problem (which he noticed straight away) but over the past few days the problem has got worse :thumbsdow

They have offered to replace the TV tomorrow but if this is a common problem with this television set I dont know whether to just take back the Tv and get a full refund as being a one off purchase I want it to work perfect without any problems when watching Blu rays/Hd DVD's or playing games expecting to experience smooth motion when being played. Is this just my TV or is this a common thing with this Tv that cant be fixed.

After reading through most of the forum pages the difference of problems between T1 and T2 seem to be extreme, I thought I would post my serial number and place of build so hopefully someone could help me with my problem!! :lease::lease::lease::lease::lease:

Serial Number -- 4605387
Place of Build -- UK
Date of Build -- 05/2008

Please Help!
Many Thanks

Alex

I have just recently perchased a Sony KDL 40-X3000 from my local sony store for £1099 with a 5 year warrenty. The picture quality through the television is amazing but my only concern is when watching a blu ray (through PS3, HDMI cable) or hd dvd (through X box360 ( through HD component leads supplied by Xbox) or Sky + through scart lead (bought from Sony store), I experience a judder when a camera pans left to right or vice versa or when a object moves accross the screen and gets worse if the motion enhancer is turned on high or even stardard which is highly annoying,it is more noticable through Blu Ray/HD DVD and watching sport. I was wondering if anybody else experiences this problem as it is driving me mad.

I have had a engineer out once who changed all the settings which reduced the problem (which he noticed straight away) but over the past few days the problem has got worse :thumbsdow

They have offered to replace the TV tomorrow but if this is a common problem with this television set I dont know whether to just take back the Tv and get a full refund as being a one off purchase I want it to work perfect without any problems when watching Blu rays/Hd DVD's or playing games expecting to experience smooth motion when being played. Is this just my TV or is this a common thing with this Tv that cant be fixed.

After reading through most of the forum pages the difference of problems between T1 and T2 seem to be extreme, I thought I would post my serial number and place of build so hopefully someone could help me with my problem!! :lease::lease::lease::lease::lease:

Serial Number -- 4605387
Place of Build -- UK
Date of Build -- 05/2008

Please Help!
Many Thanks

Alex

Hi - I have the 46X3500 and the judder is barely noticeable - especially on Blu Rays at 1080p 24fps!!!!

What settings are you using?

Which settings do u mean midknight ?? I use three different lots depending on which console or sky i am using?

Thanks Collo64. What is the point of an optical output if it can't forward digital audio info from the HDMI inputs? Certainly there is little or no chance of getting 5.1 from the internal DVB-T tuner... So this advanced output on the Sony is totally pointless:rolleyes:

I´m getting 5.1 out from the internal DVB-C tuner

hi,
i got a query, i have my ps3 hooked up on HDMi on my 46x350, i got the RGB FULL RANGE- set to FULL on the PS3. i earlier use to leave the RGB Dynamic Range settings on the TV to AUTO, today i changed the RGB settings of the TV to FULL & my picture is much more brighter then leaving it on AUTO, wat ur'll guys have left the RGB settings of ur TV on??

thanks byee..

I´m getting 5.1 out from the internal DVB-C tuner
Thanks for confirming that. I haven't got cable TV so couldn't test the DVB-C - The point is wouldn't it be much more useful if the 5.1 was passed from the HDMI inputs to the Optical out as should happen in an ideal world??

hi , just bought a 40x3500 for 1299€ and i`m loving:clap::clap:. serial nº 4308778 , made 10\2007 in spain. having a hard time with the settings . i have putted the settings of hdtv but the picture is verry dark , anywone ? i think is a t2 panel am i right ?

Serial Number -- 4605387
Place of Build -- UK
Date of Build -- 05/2008

Please Help!
Many Thanks

Alex

When watching blu-ray you need to turn the motion enhancer off

Hey guys :hiya: (first post). Anyway, i have a T1 40X3500 for a couple of months now. No smearing issues whatsoever BUT i do have a terrible case of flashlight/torchlight effect in the upper corners of the set :mad:. When i turn on the TV, the problem is nonexistent but after 30-40 min. it becomes a real pain in the ...:eek:. If i turn the TV off and let it cool down a bit, the flashlight/torchlight disappears. Obviously, heating of the panel seems to be the case for my set.
The reason for posting is that when the TV is on for a long period of time (more than 6 hours), i can hear the internal fans of the TV working (the famous fan noise problem). When this happens, the flashlight problem is not really an issue anymore :confused:. I only hear the TV fans working after really long sessions, not when the TV is on for only 2-3 hours. I also read in another forum than Sony reduced the x3500 fans voltage from 12v to 5v in a later firmware due to fan noise complains.
My TV is a new set without the fan noise (at least not for the first 6 hours lol :D )so i have reasons to believe that i must have a newer firmware and that the TV's fans are under-performing.
My question is this (and I'm terribly sorry for the long post), can i use an older firmware to make the fans work at full capacity (12v) all the time? If yes do you know where to find it. Or do you know if i can access the TV's fans from the service menu?
I don't really mind the noise, i just want to get rid of the flashlight effect.
Any help would be really appreciated,
Thank You very much for your time.

P.S. (I already found a way to fix the issue by myself by placing 2 120mm PC case fans at the back of the set, will post pics l8er if anyone is interested, but I'd rather let the TV fans deal with the problem, if i have a choice )

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom