Samsung C580 Owners Thread *Part 3*

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is a continuation of the part 2 thread that can be found here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-led-lcd-tvs/1393182-samsung-c580-owners-thread-part-2-a.html

For Reference

Last Post

Nielo need your help dood, I had my speakers plugged into the TV and my brother unplugged them without turning them off first now they TV still thinks they are plugged in, Iv tried everything? Plugging them in and out, factory reset via Service menu, Everything.

The speakers work while they are plugged in, but the TV speakers dont come on, it still says headphones are in

Edit: Fixed it, Had to Keep pluggin it in and out til it knew it was out

Has Anyone been in the service menu by any chance?

Anyone else notice that if you dont aim the remote directly at the sensor on the telly it wont respond?

Find it very annoying i cant just push the button on the remote when its tilted away from the telly and there is no response!

its minor but it annoys me!!!

Anyone else notice that if you dont aim the remote directly at the sensor on the telly it wont respond?

Find it very annoying i cant just push the button on the remote when its tilted away from the telly and there is no response!

:laugh:

Yes it is very very directional - I've used both a Humax remote and a Harmony remote to control this TV and they both work fine and can be pointed pretty much anywhere.

Agreed, though it doesn't bother me. On the upside, the buttons are big & positive, the HDMI button is handy, & the Menu button makes tweaking the backlighting quick & easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhey

Has Anyone been in the service menu by any chance?

Reply:

If you need any more info on what to find in the service menu try heading over to the samygo forums on: SamyGO • View forum - C Series

But beware, read the wiki and the warning before attempting any mods!!

Would do it myself but I'm busy, but someone should quote Nielo's latest settings post for this thread.

Hi guys I know I'm in the wrong thread but I have the le26a457 and was wondering if anyone has got any settings,I only use it for playing my ps3 and the lag is a little annoying.
I have looked on here but I carnt find any,just hoping someone can help me out thanks

Does anyone use their 40" c580 as a monitor ? and has settings (I did try Neilo's settings)

I had it before but the ghosting did annoy me.I can't find another tv. 37" was the best bet but with out a extended warranty i don't want to risk it.So i just wondered if anyone has other setting that makes the ghosting almost go ?

I only sit a few feet (3-5) away.If i sat 10 feet or so away i could of most likely lived with it. I am running out of options as the 37" seem to have buzzing problems. Thanks (37" LG ld490 or the 37"c580 are other options or the ld490 32")

Is there a way to reset the source list?

You know how active inputs are at the top of the source list in bold and the inactive ones are greyed out at the bottom well I have EXT and PC in the active list even though there's nothing plugged into those inputs.

Not a massive issue but it'd be nice to only have to scroll through the inputs that are actually in use.

Cheers.

Is there a way to reset the source list?

You know how active inputs are at the top of the source list in bold and the inactive ones are greyed out at the bottom well I have EXT and PC in the active list even though there's nothing plugged into those inputs.

Not a massive issue but it'd be nice to only have to scroll through the inputs that are actually in use.

Cheers.

I suspect you will have to keep blipping the Source Button. At least it responds promptly ... with my girlfriend's Sony, there's time to make a sandwich before it responds to the Source Button being pressed.

I have the LE40C580 and I have noticed that sometimes when watching Sky (SD through scart) that the colour of the picture flicks slightly darker or slightly lighter.

Is this a setting on the telly (I seem to remember something similar on my old Samsung) or is there a fault with either the TV or the Sky box?

It never happens when watching a Blu-Ray or playing the Xbox.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Just recieved my 37" 580 from amazon and it buzzes.

Not a suprise (I was kind of expecting it) but you would have thought after at least 6 months of complaints and returns Samsung (and others I guess) would have fixed the issue.

Anyway.. regarding the 37" buzzing.. I am going to return it for a replacement but just wondered if anyone had any idea of how common the problem is in terms of percentage (ie is the split 25% buzz, 75% don't or some other split).

If I get a replacement will I be unlucky to get another one that buzzes or will I be lucky to get one that doesn't.

Apart from the buzz it's an excellent TV.

Just recieved my 37" 580 from amazon and it buzzes.

Not a suprise (I was kind of expecting it) but you would have thought after at least 6 months of complaints and returns Samsung (and others I guess) would have fixed the issue.

Anyway.. regarding the 37" buzzing.. I am going to return it for a replacement but just wondered if anyone had any idea of how common the problem is in terms of percentage (ie is the split 25% buzz, 75% don't or some other split).

If I get a replacement will I be unlucky to get another one that buzzes or will I be lucky to get one that doesn't.

Apart from the buzz it's an excellent TV.

See http://www.avforums.com/forums/14247425-post946.html

im starting to notice flicker on my tv it comes and goes :(:mad:

I'll give it a try but it does sound more of an electrical buzz to me that anything else.

I did try pressing on the back to see if that reduced it (my first assumption was that something was loose) but that didn't seem to reduce it at all.

Does anyone know what percentage of these buzz ?

Thanks

Hi there,
I was the member who solved his TV buzzing by the method mentioned. Firstly, see if is the panel itself which buzzes: Turn the panel backlight up to max (20) and see if the buzz is still there. Generally it disappears at levels approaching max (18 - 20). If it doesn't go, then it could be the power supply in the set giving the noise. But if not happy, by all means send it back. As for the percentage which buzz, it is anyone's guess, as not all people would be bothered by it and wouldn't report it, but it is mentioned too much for comfort in my opinion. Seems a bit of a lottery which do or don't. Perhaps others will reply to your question to give a better idea. Good luck.

I'll give it a try but it does sound more of an electrical buzz to me that anything else.

I did try pressing on the back to see if that reduced it (my first assumption was that something was loose) but that didn't seem to reduce it at all.

Does anyone know what percentage of these buzz ?

Thanks

This is my fear,as only the 37 and 46" seem to come with A-MVA.The 46" i down grade from was spot on which is why i didn't consider another tv.The 40" was a let down for what i use a tv for.I am currently holding out buying a 37" due to the buzzing. What does it say on the sticker on the right ? AA01 or AA02 ect if you wouldn't mind saying ?

I might try my luck later and just order one as i am getting annoyed at not having a tv and its a pain stealing my sisters when shes not using it :D

Is the screen a matt finish, shiny or in the middle ? I think it should be the same panel which was in the 37" c5100 i returned.

Thanks for your help :thumbsup: I hope your lucky next time !

This is my fear,as only the 37 and 46" seem to come with A-MVA.The 46" i down grade from was spot on which is why i didn't consider another tv.The 40" was a let down for what i use a tv for.I am currently holding out buying a 37" due to the buzzing. What does it say on the sticker on the right ? AA01 or AA02 ect if you wouldn't mind saying ?

I might try my luck later and just order one as i am getting annoyed at not having a tv and its a pain stealing my sisters when shes not using it :D

Is the screen a matt finish, shiny or in the middle ? I think it should be the same panel which was in the 37" c5100 i returned.

Thanks for your help :thumbsup: I hope your lucky next time !

Hi..

I tried using the wall bolts trick but to be honest that didn't really help that much (reduced it slightly but not a lot).

As for the panel model.. I looked but couldn't see anything relating to A00 etc.. so I have no idea (sorry). Unfortunately the replacement came early this morning (Amazon were so good with this) so I can't tell you which one it was. However, if you tell me where to find the panel number I'll have a look on the replacement and tell you which one the new one is.

The new one however doesn't buzz.. it hums.. There is a low hum if you stand with your ear to the back of the set, but you can't hear it more than two feet away so I'll see how this one goes as I'm sat at least 6ft from it. At least it is nowhere near as annoying as the buzz which was like having a bee trapped in the TV.

It's a shame as this TV is really brilliant apart from the noise from the back.

Anyway.. hopefully I'll be OK with this one as I can't hear the hum from where I sit.. if not then it'll be back to amazon again.

(Oh.. the screen is matt-ish.. it's not reflective if that's what you're after)

Last edited:
Hi..

I tried using the wall bolts trick but to be honest that didn't really help that much (reduced it slightly but not a lot).

As for the panel model.. I looked but couldn't see anything relating to A00 etc.. so I have no idea (sorry). Unfortunately the replacement came early this morning (Amazon were so good with this) so I can't tell you which one it was. However, if you tell me where to find the panel number I'll have a look on the replacement and tell you which one the new one is.

The new one however doesn't buzz.. it hums.. There is a low hum if you stand with your ear to the back of the set, but you can't hear it more than two feet away so I'll see how this one goes as I'm sat at least 6ft from it. At least it is nowhere near as annoying as the buzz which was like having a bee trapped in the TV.

It's a shame as this TV is really brilliant apart from the noise from the back.

Anyway.. hopefully I'll be OK with this one as I can't hear the hum from where I sit.. if not then it'll be back to amazon again.

(Oh.. the screen is matt-ish.. it's not reflective if that's what you're after)

Thanks for the reply, there is a sticker on the right side of the tv (look from the side) It will have 2 or 3 numbers ect on it. Serial num and version should say AA..

If is from the back i think its just the noise from the inbuilt freeview. as you can hear it with no sound and ear at the back. (Noticed on my sisters 19" which i steal when shes not using it atm)

2 feet seems a little loud though ..... best of luck thanks for the response :thumbsup:

Sorry one last thing can i ask why you choose the 37" over the 40" ? Thanks sorry to be nosey :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, there is a sticker on the right side of the tv (look from the side) It will have 2 or 3 numbers ect on it. Serial num and version should say AA..

If is from the back i think its just the noise from the inbuilt freeview. as you can hear it with no sound and ear at the back. (Noticed on my sisters 19" which i steal when shes not using it atm)

2 feet seems a little loud though ..... best of luck thanks for the response :thumbsup:

Sorry one last thing can i ask why you choose the 37" over the 40" ? Thanks sorry to be nosey :)

The TV has to fit between the fireplace/chimney and the wall (I live in an old victoria house) so it was either a 37" or buy a 40" and then knock the wall down (which seemed a little excessive to me.. although I did consider it)

I'll check the model this evening for you.

Last edited:
The TV has to fit between the fireplace and the wall (I live in an old victoria house) so it was either a 37" or buy a 40" and then knock the wall down (which seemed a little excessive to me.. although I did consider it)

I'll check the model this evening for you.

Haha :D Could of let it hang over :laugh:

Was just wondering if it was a panel issue. Thanks look forward to your reply as i am in the panel issue section :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom