iPhone 4 Signal Problems?

Do you drop signal on iPhone 4 when holding with left hand?

• Yes

Votes: 132 56.2%
  • Only intermittently

Votes: 39 16.6%
  • No

Votes: 64 27.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not convinced with that clip, Engadget would have picked up on that issue with there review so I think there is some trickery going on.

Plenty of people in the forum confirming it happens to them too, I doubt it's trickery.

Read the same :thumbsdow my 3gs is a bit flaky with reception and with spending 500 notes on ip4 im really hoping that isnt true :rolleyes:

If i dont see the ip4 being any better i really can see me returning it :eek:

Btw theres a big thread on macrumors with a quite a few reporting problems with reception and it gets worse, yellow blobs and lines on the screen also :eek:

***!! this is not looking good at all. loads of people are reporting the same thing..

This was mentioned in one of the reviews and apple said it was the software reporting how many bars there were incorrectly and that calls still worked fine.

storm............teacup........etc

This was mentioned in one of the reviews and apple said it was the software reporting how many bars there were incorrectly and that calls still worked fine.

Looks like someone on macrumours tested it out and the call drops, unless the phone is tricked into thinking it has no signal and drops it automatically..

So basically, what we're saying is... if you know anyone who is buying an iPhone 4 tomorrow, make sure you call them now and let them know the next time you are wanting to meet and where or you may find you never see them again...

Josh

surely apple wouldnt of missed the most obvious problem, covering the antenna with your hand drops the signal:p

No one grips a phone like that when making a call! You normally just use your fingers and reception is NOT affected this way.

I just held my 3g the same way he does and guess what?....after a while the bars went right down to no reception.:laugh:

So Apple have sold at least 600,000 if not more on the first day and a few are reporting signal issues and discolouration. Work out the percentages I think you will find it being below any threshold that would mean their was a universal issue. Of course some are going to be faulty, it's the nature of buying items! The vast majority will be absolutely fine.

What is the point of this thread, I remember the same with the 3gs, 3g etc etc, as for the other phone manufacturers it's no different! If you get the Iphone and it is faulty get it swapped out for another one. I'm sure the vast majority won't need to.

I had this issue with the nokia E71. Worked great if you did not hold it.
It looks to me like people are swamping there hands around the phone. You would be able to get most phones to do the same. Lets see how it goes on the networks here in the uk. I read a lot of bad news about AT&T.

Seems a few people are having problem with the screen having yellow dots on it, also users saying that holding the phone in a certain way makes the signal drop out and thus dropping calls.

I hope my phone doesnt have these problems :nono:

I will not be a happy bunny lol

Oh dear... 3 drops and the front screen cracks that badly? Better take real good care fo this phone then...

It took four drops from above waste height onto solid concrete to break the screen? I'd say that was pretty strong.

Compare that to the number of 3G/3GS' that broke when dropped and it's actually stronger! A mate of mine dropped his 3G just once, off of a chair outside (fell out of his pocket) and it broke instantly.

I've not heard anything from the Uk yet so i'm wondering if it's only Americans that are affected?

why do these ***** do things like this!?

iFixit always do full strip downs and strength tests on every new device they can get their hands on. It's not just some bunch of randoms doing it for fun.

Hi I'm on wifi and when I make a call FaceTime isn't available, can anyone advise how to get it on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom