There is *NOT* a "guaranteed" iphone for you Reserved in the Apple store.

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you (like me) that pre ordered to collect in store, did you notice the feint grey text hidden under the "Your iPhone is reserved for you" text?

Very sneaky, I had to scroll down to even see it: :thumbsdow

naughtyapple.jpg

If you can't read it from that image, here's what it says:

Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

Your reservation is valid for pick-up only at the Apple Retail Store that you selected.

If you do not collect your selected item on the specified date, your reservation will be cancelled and the item will be returned to stock.

All sales are subject to the Apple Retail Store Purchase Policies.

Apple reserves the right to refuse, limit or cancel a reservation if Apple determines that a customer has provided misleading or fraudulent information and/or abused or disrupted the reservation system..

Apple Retail UK Limited, 100 New Bridge Street, London, EC4V 6JA, United Kingdom.

:nono:

Been covered a few times in the threads. I phoned my Apple store just after 10am and they confirmed if reserved there would be one there. Think its a legal clause incase major issues occur.

Last edited:
That surely means that if you'd don't get it within the time specified, you aren't guaranteed to get one?

That's a seperate point for people who don't go to pick up.

What would the point of reserving one be if they still did it first come first served?

I completely agree, but that's what the mail says and I think people should just be aware, that's all.

Sounds a bit like an a**e covering clause, in case the delivery doesn't arrive on the day, and they have 500 people demanding the phone the were 'guaranteed' to have.

Sounds a bit like an a**e covering clause, in case the delivery doesn't arrive on the day, and they have 500 people demanding the phone the were 'guaranteed' to have.

Either way, you could still get there and have no Iphone waiting for you and there wouldn't be a damn thing you could do about it. :thumbsdow

Saw the thread title and panicked, then read it and I now feel better.
I called them earlier about that and they said it was basiclly just to cover themselves but everyone that reserved one should be ok.

I am still going down to the store early ish just to be on the safe side.

Man I'm pooping bricks now :rotfl:

Pre ordered a 32gb sim free one from the Belfast Store. It's a 6-8 hour round trip from where I live in Ireland.

Last thing I want is to get there and they have given away my pre order :thumbsdow

Well my brother in law didn't register in time as my local store states there's no
more to reserve in 16 or 32gb but he's gonna try his luck anyway on the morning

Well my brother in law didn't register in time as my local store states there's no
more to reserve in 16 or 32gb but he's gonna try his luck anyway on the morning

And its people like him that i can see turning up with money to buy one and getting one. Will Apple turn people away who have money and tell the pre-orders that theirs hasnt arrived ?
Id rather tell my staff to sell rather than hope the people who have reserved come in.
If they do keep them, then there may be another rush on the 25th when loads arent collected after people pre-order online for delivery or get from a network locked to them.

Thank God ive paid for mine, now THATS a contract.

And its people like him that i can see turning up with money to buy one and getting one. Will Apple turn people away who have money and tell the pre-orders that theirs hasnt arrived ?
Id rather tell my staff to sell rather than hope the people who have reserved come in.
If they do keep them, then there may be another rush on the 25th when loads arent collected after people pre-order online for delivery or get from a network locked to them.

Thank God ive paid for mine, now THATS a contract.

Seeing as they will sell them the next day anyway, they won't risk the adverse publicity. Plus, for us who have phoned it seems a common answer from the shops that the reservations will be there. I cancelled my online order because no one available at home or work on that day to get from postman.

To be honest, i can't see them totally selling out, two many Network Providers will have them and when the PAYG Network locked phone get a price release, can see them being £50 cheeper. Im keeping my options open after all, £500 / £600 is alot of money, not something im going to rush into, if my reserve goes then oh well will get one sooner or later :thumbsup:

Pre ordered a 32gb sim free one from the Belfast Store. It's a 6-8 hour round trip from where I live in Ireland.

Last thing I want is to get there and they have given away my pre order :thumbsdow

Any reason for not ordering on line for home delivery and saving all that travel??

fook me...where do you live? Pity I didnt know earlier...I'm going to Dublin after I pick mine up for the Stevie Wonder concert....Could have done you the favour!

fook me...where do you live? Pity I didnt know earlier...I'm going to Dublin after I pick mine up for the Stevie Wonder concert....Could have done you the favour!

Hardcore isn't it :rotfl:

I live in Laois lol:hiya:

aw great...cheers Az.... just over a week now to worry about whether theres actually one waiting lol

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom