******** I've cracked the screen !!!

Gilli01

Established Member
Reaction score
As it says, I've dropped my phone and cracked the screen. any one recommend someone/shop that can fix it? Apple are telling me its £146 :eek: I'm in Manchester

I'm still steaming !

look on ebay. Screens around £49.99 and it looks quite simple just to replace the screen on youtube.

no insurance i take it , my house insurance covers my phone as well if that's any help

There is about one thread a week asking this, so go use the search feature and see what you find ;)

I've calmed down a little bit now and accepted that the thing is broken (i'm mighty annoyed though as you can imagine) If only I could blame it on the kid (but I cant, it was my own stupid fault)

Any way, having had a good look on the net I've decided not to try and fix it myself. Watching Youtube iphone fix it vids has put me right off.

My options are fork out £146 of my hard earned pennies with Apple at the Trafford centre tomorrow. At least I know I'm getting the thing fixed - well replaced apparently - and I'll have a phone in nice working order.

Or

Use one of the two following companies:
1) UKiPodrepairs.co.uk
2) PodMod.co.uk

Just wondering if any one had used either company as both seem to charge about £70 to replace the glass (thats all thats broke)

Cheers folks.

The only thing that would bother me about using either of those companys would be where they get their spare parts from.The screen will have the digitiser too and I doubt Apple would supply them with parts. Also how would it affect your warranty with Apple if a another fault came to light.

A place in Birmingham (Erdington to be exact) does them while you wait, £60 :smashin:

Would that be B23 phones?

I saw an earlier post about them. I'm a manchester lad, so hoping they will do it by post. Gonna phone them tomorrow.

I can vouch for B23 Phones, as it was my daughters phone the breadknife dropped and bust the screen. :eek:

Is the phone working properly still ? My daughters phone works and looks like new.

I had never heard of nor used them before, so took a gamble, and all was spot-on.

Have you tried ringing round all your local mobile phone shops ? You may be lucky and someone local may do it. I think £60 may be the going rate.
Although they are in Birmingham, I drove down from Cannock, so a 30 mins drive. For you maybe a 1hour drive.

Good luck

neuty

Just for your info folks

I used a company called cheapest uk ipod repairs in the end

I was very happy with them.

Quoted me £60 or if I came down and paid cash it was only £55.

Great news. :thumbsup:
Were they local to you ?

If so, worth keeping note for others on the forum who have the same bad luck as you and I and crack there screen.

Post the web address if they have one.:thumbsup:

neuty

As it says, I've dropped my phone and cracked the screen. any one recommend someone/shop that can fix it? Apple are telling me its £146 :eek: I'm in Manchester

I'm still steaming !

I bet you are well ****** off:mad:

I droped mine yesterday and the side split open but as I'm insured they are replacing my 3G 16GB with a new 3GS 16GB due to no stock of the old 3G ones:thumbsup:

I pay £7.50 a month which is a lot I know but in my case with them stopping making the 3G I have ended up getting an upgrade with only 3 months of my contract left for only a £25 excess fee:thumbsup:

Hopefully you will get it sorted soon:smashin:

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom