Technika 1080p TV won't play sound back through Technika HTKSS09 5.1 Home Cinema ??!!

emmellar

Standard Member
Reaction score
I need HELP please! I have a:

Technika 37" 37-700 1080p full HD TV (don't knock it I'm absolutely delighted with it)
PLUS
Technika HTKSS09 5.1 Home Cinema System (jury still out on...).

How do I get Freeview TV sound played back through the home cinema system or can this be done? I have all manners of leads but am completely stumped and any advice as to what goes where will be very welcome.

The TV has:
2 x HDMI
2 x SCART
3 x Component Video Input (Y Pb Pr)
2 x Component Audio Input (L R)
1 x SPDIF Digital Audio Output
1 x Video Input PHONO
2 x Sound Input PHONO (L R)
1 x S-VHS Input

The Home Cinema System has:
2 x "Line 1 Input" (white = left, red = right)
1 x "Line 2 Input" (3.5mm jack on front)
2 x "Audio Out" (again white = left, red = right)
1 x "Video Out" (yellow)
1 x "Digital Audio Coaxial" (black)
3 x Component Video Out (Y Cb/Pb Cr/Pr)
1 x SCART
6 x speaker connections out

THANKS

Attachments

• tv1 of 2.jpg
    tv1 of 2.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,411
  • tv2 of 2.jpg
    tv2 of 2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 1,148
  • cinema.jpg
    cinema.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 893
Welcome to the forum :)

You need to connect a digi-coax cable from the spdif out on the TV to the digi-coax in on the home cinema system and then obviously set the home cinema system to that input to hear the TV audio. I doubt you will have to change any settings on the TV but if you hear nothing, check the audio menu and see if you have to enable the external audio (spdif out).

Thanks Dave
Will get such a cable and see what happens.
Much appreciated.:)

I hope this is ok but I am jumping onto emmellar posting as I have the very same issue. :mad:

Please do not think me thick :rolleyes:, but I have just purchased the cable you recommend from the your site, but dont laugh, I know where to plug it into the tv set, but I don't know which the spdif socket is on the surround sound box? :oops:They all have different characters? Please can someone correct this dumb blonde.:lease:

Sukki x x x x x x

P.S Was it just the one additional cable I need or anything else???

Last edited:
The one marked "Coaxial Digital Audio". It is black in colour and it's situated on the bottom right.

I have ditched the Technika home cinema a system because you cannot choose its input and got myself a Panasonic SC-BT100 Blur-Ray Home Cinema system.

Can I get the SPDIF out on the TV to connect to the red and white phono in on the Panasonic???????

I'm starting to go round in circles. Aarrgh :lease:

In a word no. Well actually yes but it would mean purchasing an expensive DAC (digital to analogue converter). Does the TV not have RCA analogue audio out (red/white)? If not, I suggest you return the Panasonic unit, work out exactly what connections and inputs you need and buy something that will suit both your current and future equipment requirements.

EDIT - Your new system has optical in, so just buy a digital coax to optical converter. Audiovisualonline.co.uk sell them. Make sure you buy the correct one. Digi-coax cable to converter - converter to home cinema optical cable

Last edited:
Well I did as you suggested and IT WORKS! :clap:

Got the 3 items from Ebay seller 88dp - very good fast service at a reasonable price.

Thanks for all your help! :smashin:

hi there i have the same problem except on my tv i do not have spdif port but stil have:
av
y,pb,pr input
headphone connection
pc audio input

is there any chance i can still do it
thanks

please help me i have the cable have plugged it in but dont know how 2 change the settings what and where do i need 2 go in my menu 2 alter the settings 2 receive sound from my sky box?

please help me i have the cable have plugged it in but dont know how 2 change the settings what and where do i need 2 go in my menu 2 alter the settings 2 receive sound from my sky box?

What sky box do you have? What cable do you have? Basically ensure your sky+/sky+HD box is set to "DOLBY D" under optical output in the sound settings menu.

hello all, i have the same problem but i bought a cable and tried again but still no luck my tv is a alba 32" and was wondering if someone could help :(
Cheers

:lease: :lease: :lease:

hello all, i have the same problem but i bought a cable and tried again but still no luck my tv is a alba 32" and was wondering if someone could help :(
Cheers

:lease: :lease: :lease:

Welcome to the forum. Give us a clue though, what cable do you have? What connections are available.

Welcome to the forum. Give us a clue though, what cable do you have? What connections are available.

the cable i bought is a digital coax coaxial cable lead digital dvd spdif , i have a spdif socket in the back of the tv ( black) and various red and white sockets but when i connect it still does not work
<H1 class=vi-is1-titleH1>

</H1>

What is the make/model of TV? Please confirm it actually has an spdif digi-coax output. Getting info on Alba can be problematic.

What is the make/model of TV? Please confirm it actually has an spdif digi-coax output. Getting info on Alba can be problematic.

Hi my Tv is Alba L32M1 and yes it does have a DIGI COAX output

Hi my Tv is Alba L32M1 and yes it does have a DIGI COAX output

What menu options are available on the TV under audio settings? Please post the same for the Technika system. Better still if you can find links to online manuals, it would be appreciated as if you google both, you don't find much at all.

What menu options are available on the TV under audio settings? Please post the same for the Technika system. Better still if you can find links to online manuals, it would be appreciated as if you google both, you don't find much at all.

Here are the rear of my TV and surround sound
i hope this helps and i also hoe together we can get this working

Attachments

• PIC_0531.jpg
    PIC_0531.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 2,217
  • cinema.jpg
    cinema.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 235
Here are the rear of my TV and surround sound
i hope this helps and i also hoe together we can get this working

Presumably you've tried the obvious i.e. connected the digi-coax cable from the spdif out to the digi-coax input, then selected the digital input on the home cinema system?

Presumably you've tried the obvious i.e. connected the digi-coax cable from the spdif out to the digi-coax input, then selected the digital input on the home cinema system?

Yes i have done the obvious, im sure this aint ment to do what i want it to do, do i have to use any other cables ie the red, white, yellow...?

Yes i have done the obvious, im sure this aint ment to do what i want it to do, do i have to use any other cables ie the red, white, yellow...?

No. The yellow cable/connection you are referring to is composite video (CVBS) which is the lowest quality signal type that is best avoided. The red/white is simply analogue stereo audio.

As I said post the audio menu options to see if there is a setting that you have to enable to output digital audio.

If you can't get the spdif digital audio working you might be able to use analogue audio by connecting a switchable SCART Adapter (set to out) to the TV and connecting a red/white stereo phono cable from there to the line-input on the home cinema system. It won't be discrete surround sound but at least you might get something through your speakers. Check the TV manual to see if it has 'TV out' over SCART.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom