RXV667 Bass problems

warrenhewitt10

Established Member
Reaction score
Good morning,

Bought myself a late christmas present there 2 days ago, from richer rounds, yam rxv667, plugged it all in, set it up for my speakers, then had a little play with it.

The bass...... its just crap, I used a program on my laptop to make test tones for 50/40/35/30hz to try and set it to my liking. But theres just no power behind it. To the point that it is now back in its box on the floor and my old amp is back in.

The phase control has been played with for an extensive amount of time, with it one way its boosting 40/50 hz, nothing below there, then flipped 180, boosting 30hz and nothing much above 40. Crossover on amp set to 120, sub set at about 80. Had to turn the gain up on the sub to half to get any sort of decent noise from it at all. Have it 2 clicks down from a 1/4 with my old amp, and even thats overpowering sometimes.

This is now my second one of these amps, as I got it replaced yesterday for another one.

Sub isn't faulty, and is a klipsch sub 10, so its decent enough, I know what it can do with my old amp, but it will not do the same with this one. The auto calibration was run as well, but all it did was turn my speakers up and down random amounts if I'm honest....

I know quite a bit about this stuff, I have exhausted all of the sound options and its just annoying me now, I would have expected a brand new amp, with a digital input and a subwoofer pre-out not to differ this much from my old amp.

Im not sure what else to do with it now, just thought id put it up here to see if anyone had any ideas....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom