List of high street shops selling HDMI cables

mrbenn

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is a list of where to get a reasonable HDMI cable from on the high street - I won't go into why these cables will be as good as there £50 counterparts - but do a search and see - don't get ripped off at the high street electrical shops:

Argos 0.75m- £4.99
Buy Alba 0.75m HDMI Cable. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

Tesco value £4.97 1m (also 2m for £9.77)
Tesco value TC-828 HDMI-HDMI Lead (1.0m) - Tesco.Direct

jessops 2m HDMI cable £10:
Jessops 2m HDMI Gold Series cable - Jessops

ASDA HDMI £9.99
PS3 Budget HDMI Cable | Games Consoles & Accessories | ASDA direct

Sainsbury's
Ross HDMI 1.5m £9.99
Sainsbury's online groceries

also asda:
Asda Gold Plated HDMI Lead | Accessories | ASDA direct
£7.47

screwfix £12.34 1.5m
Labgear HDMI Lead 1.5m - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys

B&Q sell Philex hdmi cables
1m...£14.98
3m...£19.98
5m...£34.98

Homebase sell Commtel hdmi cables
1m...£9.39
3m...£12.99 (i've got this one and it works perfectly, but not tried at 1080p)

Marks and Spencer 1.5 M HDMI £9.50
M&S 1.5m HDMI Cable - Marks & Spencer

3m £19.50
M&S 3m Gold HDMI Cable - Marks & Spencer

any i have missed?

Last edited:
Not quite sure where this thread is going.

As per title it is about where to buy on the High St. yet we have internet stores listed in the OP and others.

I'm happy to moderate this to maintain it as a list of High St. stores with low cost offerings as this question does come up a lot, but if it is going to include the net as well then it is just going to be a repeat of information available elsewhere.

Mark - thought it would be useful to have a list of where to get high street hdmi, so people don't get ripped off by the likes of currys, comet, PC world etc

I have amended original thread
cheers

Mark - thought it would be useful to have a list of where to get high street hdmi, so people don't get ripped off by the likes of currys, comet, PC world etc

I have amended original thread
cheers

I agree with the objective and people will find it useful so I'll moderate to keep this one on track.

Apologies to anyone who gets a post killed so we don't move away from retail outlets for this thread.

Apologies to anyone who gets a post killed so we don't move away from retail outlets for this thread.

Wow this thread is worse than playing MW2 online - I'm dead again.

Seriously, no problem, I got 3 for £10 (special offer) a while back at Asda & can understand my post deletion, re online outlet/thread direction. I've used 2 so far and they seem to do the job fine. :smashin:

B&Q sell Philex hdmi cables
1m...£14.98
3m...£19.98
5m...£34.98

Homebase sell Commtel hdmi cables
1m...£9.39
3m...£12.99 (i've got this one and it works perfectly, but not tried at 1080p)

I'm sure Asda does HDMI cables instore for £5 or abouts

Yes, they do a Philips one which is currently half price at just £5. They do various own brand ones too which are excellent value for money! They had a 3m gold plated one for £10 when I looked yesterday. A good selection at very sensible prices.

I'm really interested in the ASDA and Tesco ones but are they HDMI 1.3?

I bought a lead from ebay for a few quid and my PS3 slim couldn't output 1080p.

Used the lead i got with my 360 and it worked, just don't want another useless lead.

Forget 1.3 it really isn't anything to do with the cable.

Look for 'High Speed' but frankly with a short cable say up to 3m or so any well built cable should handle 1080p perfectly happily.

Ok cool, so the asda or tesco ones should be good.

Why is it my ebay ones didn't work? Where they just really low quality or is the PS3 slim picky about what cable is used?

Add this one, Ross cables bought at Robert Dyas instore, £8.99 for 1.5 metres. I am using it on my first and newly bought BD player in the bedroom on an lcd tv and it works a treat.
When we get a new main tv for the lounge (hopefully) later this year, our present one is an 18 year old crt, I will probably go for Blue Jean hdmi's via the web, but the above works just fine.

Clas Ohlson do a range of cables 1 - 10m although there is no information on the packaging about version support. They also had a £40 10m version in the Kingston store that looked more robust then the others but still zero info on the packaging.

update on this, today i bought 2 HDMI cables from poundland, for well a pound. they are marked HDMI 1.3 1m in length and do the trick for just a pound!

Signalex HDMI Cable for Home Entertainment | Poundland

they also had 1m optical cables (same brand as hdmi - signalex, usb cables, card readers etc - never knew they sold any of this stuff

Mark - thought it would be useful to have a list of where to get high street hdmi, so people don't get ripped off by the likes of currys, comet, PC world etc.

Hi,

Great Stuff!

It's maybe not a mega bargain, but I just bought a 2m "High Speed" HDMI Cable from Game for £10.98, so I was only 98 pence over budget (and better than the £30 plus elsewhere).

Note: Nowhere on the Box does it say how long the cable is, but I can confirm that they are 2m.

Best Regards,
Stephen

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom