GT5 Play and help guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

bungieben

Established Member
Reaction score
That intro wants world TV coverage as an advert :smashin:

Dissapointed about the wheel support so to start it off .............. and ive not been on game yet :eek:

What are you good folks using to setup a G27. I have changed to simulation and then posted straight on here.

Ben

Here's one I hope someone can help me with.

My progress bar on the 8GB install hasn't shifted off halfway for the past 20 mins. Looks to be stuck although the disc is making noises with the occasional HDD button flash.

Is it stuck or did this happen to others? Don't know whether to press O and cancel or wait it out...

My progress bar on the 8GB install hasn't shifted off halfway for the past 20 mins. Looks to be stuck although the disc is making noises with the occasional HDD button flash.

Is it stuck or did this happen to others? Don't know whether to press O and cancel or wait it out...

Its normal mate, 3 seconds = 4 minutes Japan time I found. :)

Are you *sure*? :)

I mean, it's been another, what, 10 mins and still hasn't shifted. The "Installing" thing is flashing but not a jot of movement from the bar and still shows 9 mins left. :rolleyes:

Am I going mad?

Just started a career, and cannot figure out how to race myself. It keeps making me spectate the AI and give orders to the driver...

Am I going mad?

Just started a career, and cannot figure out how to race myself. It keeps making me spectate the AI and give orders to the driver...
LOL sounds like your playing b spec mode. try a spec. B spec = manager mode so to speak and A spec is normal career mode

That intro wants world TV coverage as an advert :smashin:

Dissapointed about the wheel support so to start it off .............. and ive not been on game yet :eek:

What are you good folks using to setup a G27. I have changed to simulation and then posted straight on here.

Ben
For the G27 use the DFPro 1 for the settings.

I found mine automatically detected my G25 - or at least i didn't need to do any setting up :confused:

Patience I think is the answer - mine took approx. 35 mins instead of the 20 the game was quoting - just sat on 20 for ages before reducing. Saying that, the progress was slowly moving in the meantime

FEEL MY PAIN AND LEARN FROM ME! :mad:

So... it got to the point where nothing was happening. Nothing. No progress bar update AT ALL in the last 40 mins. So I clicked O to cancel.

Nothing.

Sheeet.

So I had to shut down the install. Now... my PS3 won't recognise games. At all. :thumbsdow So I'm sitting here with a GT5 disc and nothing to play it on. "Frustration" just doesn't seem to do my situation justice.

Oh - couple that with my "80010514" error which may mean my PS3 is screwed so I'm not a happy chap. Currently doing a Restore from my saved backup which doesn't affect any saved games (thankfully) so we'll see if it's a Hard Disk issue (my hope) or something more serious. Found another solution on the internets but wanted to try a Restore first of all.

So... Another hour for the Restore to complete :facepalm: and then we'll try to run GT5 again. Great.

Sly Fly III. The real frustration simulator.

FEEL MY PAIN AND LEARN FROM ME! :mad:

So... it got to the point where nothing was happening. Nothing. No progress bar update AT ALL in the last 40 mins. So I clicked O to cancel.

Nothing.

Sheeet.

So I had to shut down the install. Now... my PS3 won't recognise games. At all. :thumbsdow So I'm sitting here with a GT5 disc and nothing to play it on. "Frustration" just doesn't seem to do my situation justice.

Oh - couple that with my "80010514" error which may mean my PS3 is screwed so I'm not a happy chap. Currently doing a Restore from my saved backup which doesn't affect any saved games (thankfully) so we'll see if it's a Hard Disk issue (my hope) or something more serious. Found another solution on the internets but wanted to try a Restore first of all.

So... Another hour for the Restore to complete :facepalm: and then we'll try to run GT5 again. Great.

Sly Fly III. The real frustration simulator.

Its a good 1hr to install to disk.
Nothing moves with the timeline but it will complete and even the last 50 seconds took a good 15 - 20 mins.

Thanks i will try that, just been going through the settings etc getting to know where everything is, It's BIG :smashin:

Done 3 races on the pad and like it so cant wait to get the wheel out.

Not found online yet though quickly browsing through :blush:

Appreciated. (In fact Bungieben it's you above all others I remember racing with :) )

But this was 1hr 20mins plus so...

I'm 8 mins away from completing the Restore and I'm not risking another HDD install if I get that far. We shall see...

So any idea why every time i return to the screen it keeps asking me to set it up, it keeps asking me to enter a welcome message for those that come to my home place but whenever i put anything it and press okay it says couldn't connect to server aarrrgghhh!!!

Also can't change to any other view other than in front of bumper and can't turn all the crap off n the screen, lap positions, no. Of laps, times etc???

Servers aren't up till tomorrow, I haven't let mine sign into PSN and its quite happy

Select button changes views

Update... for what it's worth.

My PS3... has dieded. Well, for PS3 games it has.

Looks like it gave up the ghost during the install of GT5 which is most annoying. I've tried a Restore and numerous other internets-based fixes to no avail. I can hear the game disk spinning and nothing happening. So, tomorrow, it looks as though I'm off to purchase a PS3 slim 320GB from somewhere (recommendations?).

Bugger. And I mean BUGGER. :(

Update... for what it's worth.

My PS3... has dieded. Well, for PS3 games it has.

Looks like it gave up the ghost during the install of GT5 which is most annoying. I've tried a Restore and numerous other internets-based fixes to no avail. I can hear the game disk spinning and nothing happening. So, tomorrow, it looks as though I'm off to purchase a PS3 slim 320GB from somewhere (recommendations?).

Bugger. And I mean BUGGER. :(

sorry to bring bad news ,but your disc reading bit of the ps3 ,is on its way out,i had it on a slim 120gb,its getting selective on what it wants to read.basicly there is nowt you can do.
ring sony,lie about age of the ps3 ,to keep it in warranty ,then you should get a free refurb.
back up your saves as they will probably ask you to full format,dont,do aquick one,ring back and say youve done a full one.
they will probably ask you to reinstall 3.50 firmware.
nothing they get you to do shouldnt work,hence lie about age of the ps3 purchase date,they didnt ask for a recipt.
sorry for the bad typing,im writing this with the ps3 controller.
ps ,if its a fat ps3 ,you cant lie about the age,as,obviously,they dont make them anymore.
i think its quite rare to get this error,not much help on the web.
good luck,and i hope you get a refurb mate.

Last edited:
Thought I'd post this link for everyone that's not played any of the GT series. It's from the GT website and gives a rundown off all aspects of the new GT5 game and screen layout. :smashin:

The Ultimate Driving Entertainment Experience:
Massive Amounts of Content, Powered by Cutting-edge Technology

"Driving a car." Sounds simple, doesn't it?
When you focus on this simple concept, examine the finest details from all possible angles, and push it to the limits of human imagination and technology, the end result is Gran Turismo 5.
Gran Turismo 5 offers a massive world of automotive enjoyment to explore. This is the perfect place to embark on that journey and discover what Gran Turismo 5 has to offer.

GT5 Introduction

Just read some where that allegedly GT5 will gradually install bit by bit as you play. i.e. rather than doing to whole 8gig or so install straight away. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

I'm a bit concerned about my launch console borking as a good few people seem to have had failures both here and on the GT forums (sorry to hear that btw to anyone concerned :thumbsdow) I was thinking maybe having the disk read for such a long time while installling might be a factor? I know this could just be a coincidence but if waiting a bit longer to load a race means it will still end up installed anyway I might try that instead?

Just read some where that allegedly GT5 will gradually install bit by bit as you play. i.e. rather than doing to whole 8gig or so install straight away. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

I'm a bit concerned about my launch console borking as a good few people seem to have had failures both here and on the GT forums (sorry to hear that btw to anyone concerned :thumbsdow) I was thinking maybe having the disk read for such a long time while installling might be a factor? I know this could just be a coincidence but if waiting a bit longer to load a race means it will still end up installed anyway I might try that instead?

Gran Turismo 5: Installation Analysis - Page 1 | DigitalFoundry | Eurogamer.net

Thanks for that xSequentialx, spot on:thumbsup:

Looks like I got the wrong end of the stick and the background install is for additional data after doing the initial install. I think the 40seconds extra to load a race has made my mind up :eek:

Gonna give my PS3 a little pep talk before hand and remind him about the good times we've had together. Hopefully it'll give him something to look forward to. I've only got 9 and a bit gig left and that was after a clear out!

p.s. Blockbuster opens in 30 mins :clap:(woop, woop, woop!)

Can someone tell me how to unlock the Nordschleife for Arcade/Practice/TT.

I've got a feeling you have to complete the Mercedes Benz SLS challenges as they take place on the ring. I've done 2, but have to rank up quite a fair bit to access the other 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom