Samsung DVD H1080 - firmware upgrade???

are you sure you have modified the file name and put some media files inside the pen too? if the file is alone the answer is always the same: not readable.

Netnemo

Could you tell me what version your dvd is now please .. via the info

I don't know how to check firmware version with info function. The only way I know is while upgrading. The prompt after booting with pen drive inside is:

Upgrade file Detected
Current version: 09.04.06.08.H1080XA A
New version: 09.04.06.08.H1080XA A
Upgrade?
Press Play To Start

This is today, for a new check, to answer to you. So it's another proof for the usb possibility to upgrade the player.

ty Netnemo

Still cant see the firmware on usb .. but reason I ask is I was messing with the remote and pressing button and I brought a screen up

showing firmware version and few other stats too

Current version: 09.04.06.08.H1080XA A

its had about 6 lines including this but wa not the upgrade page

I ve tried to do it a gain but i cant :(

So mine is latest firmware already

Just had a go with the firmware update using Netnemo's method.

Got the prompt:

Upgrade file Detected
Current version: 09.06.19.0B.H1080XA A
New version: 09.04.06.08.H1080XA A
Upgrade?
Press Play To Start

I didn't go through with it because the current version number gives me the impression that it is newer.

I've only had it a couple of weeks so maybe it is newer and hasn't been put out as an upgrade yet.
????

Apologies for hijacking this thread but I thought it might be better to continue here as it's pretty relevent :)

I have this DVD player and have been unable to play my movie files via the USB. They work fine on both my PS3 and laptop however I can't seem to find the files once the USB is plugged into the player. Do I need to change the codecs or anything like that?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks Netnemo ! It worked fine for me, now I´m struggling with unlocking it !!!:smashin:

Hi guys,
I'm very pleased to tell to all of you that I solved the issue!!!

For all of you I reported it on my blog and now I put it on this forum:

...I tryed something different: thinking about Samsung LCD TV firmware upgrade that worked well from a pen drive, I worked on it also for the player… and I DID IT!!! All you have to do is: rename the long name file with H1080A.bin, copy it to the main directory and insert it with the player turned off. Turn on the player and wait for the prompt to check if you have already the last version installed. Push play and wait. The unit will shut off automatically at the end. If you want to be sure you have upgraded your unit leave the pen drive connected and turn on the player… wait again for the prompt and read the version comparison.
I hope this procedure will help all of Samsung fans.
PS: I have still to check what is changed… I hope in divx improvements.

:thumbsup: Try and try again ... it worked on the USB pen-drive when I had two copies of the file and nothing else.
One copy H1080A_5A8A_09.04.06.08.H1080XAA from Samsung download, the other copy with the name H1080A.bin, renamed directly on the pen-drive and not on the same before copying.

Good news for all those who even according to the trick of renaming the files have not been able to upgrade. After numerous attempts with various media (CD, CDRW, DVD + RW, etc), recording mode (ISO, UDF & co) and several USB PEN (all brands and all sizes), reading and scrutinizing the guidance of the manual I had this flash:
in screens for identifying the upgrade you mention the file in this way:
09.04.06.08.H1080XAA
At that point I downloaded the BIN file from Samsung (H1080A_5A8A_09.04.06.08.H1080XAA.BIN) and I renamed it removing "H1080A_5A8A_" and ". BIN". Exactly renamed "09.04.06.08.H1080XAA" (without quotes) and copied on USB pen (4gb Peak - fat32) The DVD finally recognized the upgrade. I hope I have been of help to anyone who had not managed before. :)

I've same version
09.01.30.01.H1080XXAA
sub ver 0b.00.00.49

but even using trick naming file on usb 09.04.06.08.H1080XAA
dvd doesn't start with update.

My usb pen is 2 G fat32. I've tried several other trick with some media file, H1080XAA.bin etc... but without any success.

But when I insert pen usb, dvd is off? (In reality I've tried both conditions).
Do you use hdmi cable? Do you have some dvd inseted?
It is necessary start update from remote controller in some way????
please help me!!!

So two points ... I tried with a quick mode formatted Peak 4gb FAT32 ... HDMI cable to TV and Coaxial Audio amp (although I do not think has nothing to do with the upgrade).
More important is that I had already inserted USB PEN in the same file downloaded dala Samsung renamed in several ways: the original H1080A_5A8A_09.04.06.08.H1080XAA.BIN, H1080XAA.BIN, H1080A.BIN and I finally added 09.04. 06.08.H1080XAA. Then 4 identical files renamed differently and only with the latest addition 09.04.06.08.H1080XAA worked. About the procedure, I left off and Pennetta dvd inserted. I remember there was no video DVD inserted. I turned on the dvd. I do not remember if I selected the source or USB it started automatically with the upgrade. The only thing is that having done the procedure dell'update from USB and CD, the final step of ejecting the cd is not there, so I had to turn off and on and I found with the menu language to select and configuration proving that everything went well. :) Try .. Try .. Try ..

Sorry to bump an old thread but I had the same issue upgrading my H1080 firmware and finally got it to work yesterday! I opened up the BIN file in notepad for some clues and noticed a line that said 'MEDIATEK H1080A.BIN', so I copied the file to the memory stick as 'H1080A.BIN' (and also 'MEDIATEK H1080A.BIN' just in case!) and it detected the upgrade.

A file with that name already existed on my memory stick but it was called 'H1080A.bin', so I'm guessing the filename needs to be fully uppercase to work.

Hope this helps anyone still struggling!

Hi,
Thanks for help i successfully updated my H1080R FW... but it still didnt solve my problem. Problem is iam not getting DD5.1 but only stereo sound. (H1080R connected over HDMI to SONY HT-DDWG800) any suggestion? Did anybody notice the same even with different Amp?

Sorry for bringing a thread back from the dead but I have been having problems with this dvd/divx player for the past few weeks.

I managed to upgrade the firmware with no problems at all but the player is still refusing to play certain video files from my USB. It plays the first 3 seconds and then exits back to the menu screen. This happens with a lot of files over 1GB but anything less seems to work fine. This error happened before the upgrade, and I thought the update would fix this, but it hasn't.

Has anyone got the solution to this? Any help is greatly appreciated

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom