epson tw2000 owners thread : tweaks ~ info ~ screenshots ~ problems ~ chat

Supercar Adventures

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi!!
well i did mention in the hiviz thread that there should be an owners thread for this unit. i did try to find a way of contacting a moderator to ask if its ok to just start an owners thread but i couldnt find a way of contacting a moderator:).
given the kind of performance and the reviews this projector has got i am sure it will only become even more popular as time goes on.
i have been extremely happy with it, and the customer service i have received from epson.
i am sure with the advent of more people importing this projector it will only encourage a move from epson to lower the uk price as im sure that custom installs are not a large part of the pj market(i maybe wrong with that assumption).
i look forwards to hearing some of your views and any tips or tweaks screenshots or just good old tw2000 chit chat.
:thumbsup:
best regards
nick.

hi!!
well i did mention in the hiviz thread that there should be an owners thread for this unit. i did try to find a way of contacting a moderator to ask if its ok to just start an owners thread but i couldnt find a way of contacting a moderator:).

Well I see you've gone ahead and started a tw2000 owners thread without asking my permission first anyway :rotfl:

With regards contacting a mod for any particular forum, check the bottom left of that particular forum and you will see a list of the mods who look after it, click on their names to send them a pm, for info though kramer hasn't been around for a little while so if you need help feel free to pm me :smashin:

Well I see you've gone ahead and started a tw2000 owners thread without asking my permission first anyway :rotfl:

With regards contacting a mod for any particular forum, check the bottom left of that particular forum and you will see a list of the mods who look after it, click on their names to send them a pm, for info though kramer hasn't been around for a little while so if you need help feel free to pm me :smashin:

hi!!
yes i thought i would go straight ahead and start one:smashin:
thanks for the info on contacting moderators,
best regards
nick.

I got my TW2000 on Friday - WOW! WOW! WOW!. I upgraded form a Panny 1000 ( 6 weeks ago I was very close to ordering a panny 2000 - glad I didnt do it! )

The picture is more CRT like and the blacks are amazing. Of course I can say all this because I imported and it cost me half the price of what is being charged in the UK. Would I be saying all this if Id have paid 3k???...yes probably but it would be a few more months down the line as I would have had to save alot longer!!!

Does anyone know how the Colormodes stack up ie as it is an import I have Theatre Black 1 and 2 etc but in the manual it states HD /Sliverscreen....

I got mine yesterday (imported) but I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be. Maybe I was expecting too much, but the blacks aren't as good as I thought and the picture isn't amazing. I'm sure my screen has a lot to answer for.
What are the best colour modes to use, and do I need to tweak anything?

hi!!
i will get some pics sorted for later,:smashin:
as for the blacks i think they are extremely good, and my room is far from being ideal. if your running the pj in a bat cave i would have thought the black level would have been superb from this pj.
best regards
nick.

:hiya:

a little late, sorry about that.
as per usaual they dont do the projected image any justice at all. for example on picture #2 from ghost rider i can see the wrinkle lines on the skin running across the fingers(not visible at all on the photo) then again i am having to take the pics on the cameras lowest resolution so i can upload to the forum. pj setting ~ colour mode hd ~ low lamp mode ~ iris on ~ screen is an electric tab tensioned ellie 2500mm wide 1.2 gain 16:9.
enjoy
screenies
:smashin:

best regards
nick.

Attachments

• epson screenies 001.jpg
    epson screenies 001.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 422
  • epson screenies 002.jpg
    epson screenies 002.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 424
  • epson screenies 003.jpg
    epson screenies 003.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 492
  • epson screenies 004.jpg
    epson screenies 004.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 369
  • epson screenies 005.jpg
    epson screenies 005.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 937
  • epson screenies 006.jpg
    epson screenies 006.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 409
  • epson screenies 007.jpg
    epson screenies 007.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 753
  • epson screenies 008.jpg
    epson screenies 008.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 423
  • epson screenies 009.jpg
    epson screenies 009.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 443
I got mine yesterday (imported) but I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be. Maybe I was expecting too much, but the blacks aren't as good as I thought and the picture isn't amazing. I'm sure my screen has a lot to answer for.
What are the best colour modes to use, and do I need to tweak anything?

Hi Cockroach

I only have the TW700, so I am probably no help here whatsoever, but I had a fair bit of tweaking to do on mine to get it perfect (in my eyes). IIRC, when the Panny AX100 and Epson TW700 were reviewed side by side, one thing it mentioned was that the Panny required very little tweaking compared to the Epson, so you may have to spend a bit of time on the calibration of the Epson. Bear with it.

Gordie

What should I use to calibrate it? I think my biggest problem is light coloured walls.

hi cockroach!!
the thread on avs you left a link for, is the epson 1080ub(white pj), not the epson pro1080ub(black pj) which has the same colour modes as the epson tw2000.
the theater black settings are on the epson 1080ub(white pj) which has different colour mode names to the unit you have mate.
:smashin:
best regards
nick
sorry i stand corrected the japanese model that you have does share the same settings as the 1080ub(white pj) after reading tryingtimes post i have had a look at a few sites, and the japan models dont appear to have the isf badge on the front.

as for the white walls, this might be worth a try click last page.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608038

Just about to order myself a TW2000 but would like to know if my existing PJ mount will fit the Epson. Can anyone with a TW2000 tell me the configuration and distances between the mounting point holes. I'm assuming they take standard M4 bolts.

Thanks in advance. Form everything I've read this PJ is going to be awesome when I get it. :thumbsup:

hi mate!!!

i dont think you will be disappointed mate:thumbsup:
its a rectangle 300mm x 160mm centers with 4 x m4 bolts.
best regards
nick

i had a sony hs20 before this, with a lmp mount(the footprint is different),
i called lmp, and they sent me a universal atachment which fits to the original 350mm drop tube for £25 :)

Attachments

• epson tw2000 030.jpg
    epson tw2000 030.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 292
Event Horizon did you get your projector from Hivizone? If so do you know of any difference between the HK TW2000 and a UK one? Does the HK model have ISF calibration?

Cheers

John

Event Horizon did you get your projector from Hivizone? If so do you know of any difference between the HK TW2000 and a UK one? Does the HK model have ISF calibration?

Cheers

John

hi!!
i have a uk unit,
the imports are exactly the same as far as i know, the only thing they dont have is the ability to store a night and day calibration mode, which an isf engineer can access.
best regards
nick.

hi

i am considering one of these but i have a couple of questions

do you need a power step down/up transformer for the jap modals

what sort of warranty do you get

where did you get yours from

did you have to pay tax import charges or vat at all if so how much

the price i have seen is £1599.99

simon

hi

simon

hi!!!
i have a uk unit.
you dont need a step down converter, just a uk iec lead.
if you import i am not 100 per cent but i think its a 2yr return to base warranty?
as far as i know its just 17.5 per cent on top of the purchase and shiping price.
i would say £1599 is a good price if it includes the delvery aswell.
best regards
nick.

this thread has quite a bit of info regarding importing
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=663674&highlight=epson+tw2000+pricing

I have to say that is a great price as even with VAT and Duty it should come in under £2k.

We are doing our best to make our price more competitive.

EH is right with the 2 year Return to Base warranty compared to the UK 3 year, Next Day, on site swapout warranty.

hi

simon

No step down transformer needed. All run 100v-240v @50/60hz. You may need a three pin kettle lead (Comes with a 2 pin)

Epson specifically told me (Kept the email just in case) that an imported TW2000 would have a 2 year international warranty and 90 day bulb (As opposed to 3 year UK warranty which includes 3 year bulb)

Bought from Hivizone in Hong Kong.

Ended up paying £344 to UPS on delivery (17.5% VAT - £278ish , handling charge of about a tenner and import duty of £56ish) Might be less if you use a different courier.

All in cost me £1935 door to door.

Epson specifically told me (Kept the email just in case) that an imported TW2000 would have a 2 year international warranty and 90 day bulb (As opposed to 3 year UK warranty which includes 3 year bulb)

Hugh, what's the email address of Epson that I should write to for them to confirm the 2 year RTB warranty. Having an email like that sounds a good idea in case I get a projector with the dreaded convergence problem. Sending back to Hong Kong isn't really an option is it.

See http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1001885 for a thread on convergence issues of the TW2000.

Hugh, what's the email address of Epson that I should write to for them to confirm the 2 year RTB warranty. Having an email like that sounds a good idea in case I get a projector with the dreaded convergence problem. Sending back to Hong Kong isn't really an option is it.

See http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1001885 for a thread on convergence issues of the TW2000.

I just went to their main site > support and filled in the option for Projector > TW2000 > Windows Vista. It'll then list a few documents with an 'email support' bit. Fill in your details and query. Then wait.

I asked
Hugh said:
Hi, I have seen the TW2000 projector available in another country advertised as having a 2 year international warranty. Does this mean that i can buy from another country (Japan) and should the unit (or bulb?) fail in those two years, I can get it repaired here in the UK under warranty?

And got back
Epson said:
In answer to your e-mail, if you purchase the unit out side the UK it will have a 2 year warranty if you brink it back to the UK. However the bulb will only have a 3 month consumable warranty. If you purchase the unit in the UK it will have a 3 year warranty and the bulb will be covered by a 3 year or 2000 hour warranty.

i'm getting my grubby little mitts on one of these shortly and will post my thoughts when set up properly with ISF etc... also for those importing i've been on the phone to Epson was told (my abreviated version):

Epson uk are NOT honouring international warranties and any imported projectors will be covered on a return to country of origin basis only!!!!!

This did not come from a customer services clerk but from a senior member of their projector business so i'll take it as true - i believe this is a recent change to the warranty positon.

Ended up paying £344 to UPS on delivery (17.5% VAT - £278ish , handling charge of about a tenner and import duty of £56ish) Might be less if you use a different courier.

All in cost me £1935 door to door.
There is no import duty on LCD projectors. You should write to HMRC to get a refund. (You still have to pay VAT).

I agree, there is no import duty on LCD projectors to the UK. I rang HM Customs just the other day (Friday) and they confirmed it . I got the classification number from the attached guide, rang the HM Customs help phone number, quoted the classification number and they said there was no import duty payable (just VAT).

Attachments

• Import Duty classification Guide - Audio and Video.pdf
    110.1 KB · Views: 1,854

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom