Sin City

Rasczak

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Allegedly Disney are preparing Sin City for Blu-ray Region A release on 21 October 2008 :smashin: No details as of yet other than a RRP of US$34.99

Both of these titles would be fantastic.

You've got my hopes up now, especially for sin city.

The B&W on Sin City is going to look sweet in Blu Ray :cool:.

Specked it will be region locked tho :mad:

Last edited:
Don't know how accurate it is but the Digital Bits is now reporting Sin City wont hit Blu ray until 2009.

Now confirmed... Sin City has been delayed until "early 2009" :suicide:

as for the region coding.. whenever it's released shouldn't be released as region abc since it is an "older" film?? just my two cents here.

Well folks, if you don't want to wait until 2009 then there's always the Canadian versions. :)

These discs from Alliance are barebones with DTS MA soundtracks and, yes, bilingual packaging. Disney's US versions will likely have the previous extra features, but if you just cannae wait then click away, although there's no definite word on region status yet SO HERE YE BE WARNED!

PlayUSA (whom we all know supply Canadian discs) have Sin City up for order at a piffling £12.99, no sign of Dusk Till Dawn yet. EDIT: Dusk till dawn is there too, but they've spelt the title wrong so it didn't come up on my initial search.

PlayUSA.com : Sin City on Blu-ray

PlayUSA.com: From Dusk Till Dawn on Blu-ray

Amazon.ca also have listings for both:

Amazon.ca: Sin City [Blu-ray]: DVD

Amazon.ca: From Dusk Till Dawn [Blu-ray]: DVD

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I've got From Dusk Til Dawn recorded in HD from Channel 4. Looks fantastic :thumbsup:

I think it was somewhat cut though...

Bloody hell. After looking at the Axel price for Dusk Till Dawn, I'm gonna order that one real quick from play. :D

Erm, the BBFC has never cut so much as a frame from the movie, and it was intact when I saw it on FilmFour a couple of months ago...

Last edited:
Cuts were not made to any UK version of From Dusk Till Dawn. The UK DVD uses the same edit that's on the Collector's Edition LD and the US R1 DVD.

The film was cut by the MPAA in the States, and the cut footage can be found in the supplemental section of those discs above. It has never been reintegrated into the film proper.

Last edited:
Cuts were not made. The UK DVD uses the same edit that's on the Collector's Edition LD and the US R1 DVD.

The film was cut by the MPAA in the States, and the cut footage can be found in the supplemental section of those discs above. It has never been reintegrated into the film proper.

I can assure you that cuts were made on the R2 DVD compared to the US LD copy I have. It's snippets with the women hostage. Maybe seconds at best but they are there.

Best wishes
Bri

Okay, humour me. I've never noticed any difference whatsoever between the US LD, US DVD and the UK DVD. What extra bits do you see with the hostage? You'll recall that we never actually see Richie attack the poor lady, so where are the snippets from exactly?

I can assure you that cuts were made on the R2 DVD compared to the US LD copy I have. It's snippets with the women hostage. Maybe seconds at best but they are there.

Best wishes
Bri
There's a blatant continuity error in that scene, but nothing cut. At least to my knowledge and the BBFC's... ;)

Last edited:
I have the extended DVD version of Sin City.

I'd like to buy the BD, but is it the extended or cut version? I don't want a cut BD version :(

It's the theatrical version, NOT CUT.
The extended version isn't presented as a complete movie anyway.

A lot of the extra running time for the extended version is made up of end credits anyway.

Much like Grindhouse, Basin City's separate tales play better as one movie. The theatrical version will do me just fine.

My Canadian BR of Sin City has been posted by PlayUSA.com :thumbsup:

I am REALLY looking forward to seeing this in HD :cool:.

The film is awesome.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom