Sony HT-DDW890

Status
Not open for further replies.

talas

Ex Member
Reaction score
Thought is start a thread on the replacement for the HT-DDW890.
have checked dutch,german,danish,spanish sites the recomended price seems to about 237-300 pounds,lets hope we see it on pixmania + other sites soon :)
info can find at the moment..please add any news below as i want one NOW lol:thumbsup:

Type Ensemble 6.1 amp + speakers
Amplifier 1,000 W
Sound decoders Dolby Digital EX / DTS ES / Dolby Pro Logic II/IIx / DTS 96/24 / DTS NEO / Dolby Dual Mono
CD player No
DVD player No
Compatible CD-R/RW No
MP3 player No
Remote Yes
Number of speakers 2 front satellite speakers
3 rear satellite speakers
1 central speaker
1 active subwoofer
Subwoofer Yes
Power 190 W
A/V features Fonction AV Sync
DCAC speaker auto calibration
RDS tuner with 60 station presets
Inputs Digital Media port
2 HDMI ins
2 audio ins
4 audio/video ins
2 digital optical audio ins
1 digital coaxial audio in
3 component video ins
Outputs 1 HDMI out
1 audio out
1 audio/video out
1 component video out
Included accessories Remote, digital coaxial cable, 3 speaker cables (3.5 m), 2 speaker cables (10 m)
Manual Information available soon
Size (mm) Amp: 430 x 157.5 x 310
Front speaker: 130 x 211 x 136
Rear speaker: 115 x 169 x 141
Central speaker: 245 x 109 x 136
Subwoofer: 270 x 331 x 380
Weight (g) Amp: 7,600
Front speaker: 1,400
Rear speaker: 1,000
Central speaker: 1,300
Subwoofer: 8,300

http://www.alifax.fr/SONY/HIFI/SYSTEMES_HOME_CINEMA_1044_1395/

some websites say it comes with 5.1 speaker system,others say 6.1.

nope its definetly 6.1...

contacted pixmania expecting theres in april :clap:

WOW
1 Digital Media Port (DM Port) : grâce à un accessoire supplémentaire, possibilité de connexion Wifi (pour PC) ou Bluetooth

Very good :D:D
Wireless audio connections (wifi or via bluetooth)

EDIT:
On pixmania-pro (FR) :
Disponibilité 20/04/2007

Guess that in Portugal i've got to wait even more ....

Bought it at sonygallery-inson.com, in Catalunya (Spain). They say it's a new entry but they've stock at 399€ because they're official distributors.
It should arrive on Friday :thumbsup:

WOW

Very good :D:D
Wireless audio connections (wifi or via bluetooth)

EDIT:
On pixmania-pro (FR) :
Disponibilité 20/04/2007

Guess that in Portugal i've got to wait even more ....
just remember you have to buy the "optional extras" to use that port..another moneyspinner from sony!

2morrow I'll receive the HT-DDW890 :thumbsup: , but until Friday I cannot mount it because I'm not at home :(

I'm very excited to enjoy movies and games in Dolby Digital :D

...but what if the arrival of 890 spells the end of the 880 thread ? It's the end of an era guys... :(

Hmmm I only just bought a 880 2 weeks ago. Damn.

Hey guys, I've an idea.

The 880 and the 890 are very similar, there're only few differences like Digital Media Port but in fact, they're the same kit.

I propose to "close" this one and modify the topic of the other and put "Sony HT-DDW8X0" or "Sony HT-DDW880 and 890".

The questions to anyone will be the same except for the DMP, but the accessory will be on market after may..

Do you agree?

yeah,could do,the digital media port is just a glorified usb socket,and useless without spending a lot of cash on pointless kit,so really,you could just swap threads no problem at all.

Hey guys, I've an idea.

The 880 and the 890 are very similar, there're only few differences like Digital Media Port but in fact, they're the same kit.

I propose to "close" this one and modify the topic of the other and put "Sony HT-DDW8X0" or "Sony HT-DDW880 and 890".

The questions to anyone will be the same except for the DMP, but the accessory will be on market after may..

Do you agree?

PLEASE NOOOOO!!!

The thing i dont like in this forum is the mega-threads that are join, and should be separated.

In my opinion there should be a sub forum for every brand (sony, samsung,....)

For example the: Samsung R7x thread, it's very nice, but too difficult to find some information in it :thumbsdow

true,but all models,similar,i feel should be combined.and whatever model you talk about should be labeled,before you ask the question.
the 880,and 890 are so similar,its not really pertinent to have different threads just now i feel.

So. There are no differences... The same kit with only one change?

er.....no...spot the 5 speakers,at the side of the amp,the centre being on top of the amp,sub to the side..all these clues lead me to assume its 6.1,and they have made a typo.
or it is 5.1 and they are using a picture of the 880...hmmmmm??

It's 6.1. I have it since last Friday.
The name of the received has changed to 890 because it has DMPort but still looks like 880. I'll put photos soon.

Yes, would be very interested to know where you bought one....

I am in UK as well:)

Sorry guys, I'm from Barcelona and I've bought it at sonygallery-inson.com, it's an official distributor of Sony Spain located in Catalonia.

Good Luck in UK! :)

Yes, would be very interested to know where you bought one....

I am in UK as well:)
it should be sold on pixmania very soon,if not now,actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom