Oppo BDP-83 BD/DVD/SACD player discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samsungs still a very good option for it's DTS output. :smashin:

Hi King,

Yes, thats a good USP that others have missed. But I get that kind of warm feeling when reading the excellent manual of the Oppo and seeing their easy support download page, that other manufacturers make awkward. Its the kind of feeling I had when buying TAG kit, and getting my Kuro set up, you know what I mean?

Hi King,

Yes, thats a good USP that others have missed. But I get that kind of warm feeling when reading the excellent manual of the Oppo and seeing their easy support download page, that other manufacturers make awkward. Its the kind of feeling I had when buying TAG kit, and getting my Kuro set up, you know what I mean?

I do know what you mean mate yes :smashin: i think the Oppo is looking very promising indeed. :)

any ideas when euro model will be available? and pricing? can't understand why it is taking so long since US model has been available for a while now

PS - from what I have read it will not be multi region DVD - is that correct

That's the official word yes,i can't see a hack "not" appearing though but time will tell i guess?
All the best.

any ideas when euro model will be available? and pricing? can't understand why it is taking so long since US model has been available for a while now

US model has not been available...First 50 units are only being shipped to early participants from today...The product has not been officially released to the public yet.

k thx for info. guess it's the waiting game :(

Definitely the US-version.:D
Criterion Blu-ray's are region A only.:nono:

With regards,

Gyorgys

But will the US version play PAL content?
And will it have a 110...240VAC power supply with IEC socket?

But will the US version play PAL content?

DVD? locked at the moment.
1080i/50 BD discs are supported though.

Power Supply: Power Supply: ~ 100V – 240V, 50/60Hz AC
Power Consumption: 35W (0.5W Standby)
Dimensions: 430mm x 336mm x 77mm, 16⅞ x 13¼ x 3 inches
Mass: 5.1kg / 11.2 lbs

Last edited:
DVD? locked at the moment.
1080i/50 BD discs are supported though.

Power Supply: Power Supply: ~ 100V – 240V, 50/60Hz AC
Power Consumption: 35W (0.5W Standby)
Dimensions: 430mm x 336mm x 77mm, 16⅞ x 13¼ x 3 inches
Mass: 5.1kg / 11.2 lbs

Thanks mate,
I'll wait for the Swedes then...;)

Oppo.se - they run Opposhop in Europe.

Bit more feedback here from a early owner.

"What's nice about the BDP-83 is with Source Direct you can get pure, unaltered 1080p/24 from a Blu-ray movie without any tweaking, processing, enhancements, etc. There are some Blu-ray players on the market - even in default/normal mode - which are doing 'something' extra to the image. For purists, this is usually a big no-no. On the other hand, if for some reason you want some extra tweaking, the BDP-83 allows many options."
Not sure this is entirely correct...

Unofficial OPPO BDP-83 Frequently Asked Questions

Seems it simply bypasses most of the ABT processing, which would make sense.

we want add on processing to masacre our signals :devil: Bypass, which purist thought any one wanted that ;)

Yes, this should save me from a lot of grief looking for BDP83 hex codes all over the globe! :thumbsup:

here is a link to close ups of motherboards chips etc etc of the 83 !!

Index of /bdp83

here is a link to close ups of motherboards chips etc etc of the 83 !!

Index of /bdp83

Cheers for the links. :smashin:

Calibration ( test) disc included?
IMG_2612.jpg

It's the little details that count. ;)
IMG_2614.jpg

Nice bag. :D
IMG_2617.jpg

Top off.
IMG_2621.jpg

IMG_2623.jpg

IMG_2631.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

Last edited:
No probs kingfats :smashin:

looks like ill use the bag for my tesco run !!:rotfl:

i think i might be getting one of these as ill be getting rid of my ps3 at last !!

I like the fact that Oppo puts some though into the presentation - even my wife was impressed with the packaging of the 983 (and then we switched it on :D).

It looks very sparse and empty in there but what counts is the component's and they look of high quality !!

buy the way what does the name oppo stand for ?

No,it doesn't appear to.Its just the Registered name of the parent trading company in China.

KH

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom