Merry Christmas CRTers

Mad Mr H

Prominent Member
Reaction score
First of all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all............

Recently we have had a number of new members, I hope you have found this section useful to you.

I would like to thank all who post within this section, you all make my life as a Moderator easy here and its a pleasure to be here.

This year we have gained an Ampro owner, I think thats our first.........

And a couple of Barco 1209s new owners, Marquee 9500LC Ultra and a stream of Seleco's 3 series Still in my opinion one of the great starting points in CRT..........

So tell me what your wish list is for 2007 ??? Does not have to be CRT related, but give it a go.......

CRT is still living strong in 2006, People are still buying CRTs, VDC produced a NEW 8500HR projector this year, and we are all waiting for the 9 inch version - so we can afford one in 10 years :eek: .

May your tubes be white as snow, fresh pure snow that is!

Andy H.

First of all a very MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all............

So tell me what your wish list is for 2007 ??? Does not have to be CRT related, but give it a go.......
A Barco 1209S, of course, please Santa!

Nick :D

I want a 'service' on my CRT, a re convergence 'tweak' and possibly a new memory or two :). I bet I get a jumper, a wool one!

The death of HDCP

A Lumagen Radience with HDMI 1.3 and 2 internal HD-SDI inputs (unlikely unfortunately)

A universal HD-DVD/Blu-Ray player with best decoder chip and a HD-SDI output.

The death of a hitherto undiscovered enourmously rich relative with me as his only heir.

Martin

The death of HDCP

The death of a hitherto undiscovered enourmously rich relative with me as his only heir.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Looking at that list of kit there may be a couple of your younger relatives thinking something similar :D

PS: my cousins are Joneses, can I baggsy the Barco :rolleyes:

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW TEAR to all

wish list:
CRT guide for DUMMIES
Asprin for the head ache my system is giving me

:clap:

From "Die Hard"

The elevator scene........

4dz1bn4.jpg

"Ho, Ho.............ho........."

I'd like a large solid room big enough to house all the gear i want and a ceiling strong enough to fit a free CRT that can effortlessly produce razor sharp 1080p. :devil:

Looks like socks and book again though. Nevermind:rolleyes:

Maybe there should be a thread.

"If you had the room, time and funds, what would your dream setup be?"

C'mon you miserable you know whats (beginning to sound like Delia). If Andy hadn't made this a sticky, it'd be dropping off the page by now. I think there's more of us here (including Gary...sort of allowed in 'cos we've got a soft spot for people with a working brain etc).

And where is CRTeaman? - sulking whilst raking in the dough, I guess.

I've amended what I want for Christmas - the bloody fog to lift by next Wednesday.

Happy Xmas everyone.

First off i hope santa is going to bring me a nice HD DVD drive for my xbox360, (he is but its going to be a cheapo $160 american one from circuit city) and 2TB worth of hard drive space to make my slimserver sing, (thanks ChrisOH, you are a good m8, this thing is awesome).

All the best

James

Merry xmas to all, and a happy new year.

Im guessing that in 2007 im going to go to the dark side of light fuzzy blacks and get a digital projector so im hoping for a cheap or free 3-chip 2160p DLP projector, with good black levels and high contrast.

2160?? Yep. doesnt exist yet and I cant help but feel that the HD standards makers could have made our lives easier and either stuck to a single resolution, or stuck to multiple resolutions what were multiples of each other. 720 goes into 1080 1.5 times, so a digital pj with 3840x2160 is the lowest resolution that could possibly display both HD formats without compromise.

On the other hand, I just replaced an Infocus X1 with an LG AN110 and 720p is OK...for a bedroom system!

Jas.

Same here.

Best wishes to all and have a great year to come. Lets keep the support going.

This afternoon, after my goose, I'll be watching my 919 with a glass of 1999 Grange. Film yet to be decided. Probably LOTR.

Needless to say, I'll have a big smile on my face:D . The 3 eyed monster remains king.

Best wishes to all for 2007..

Martin

A bit late too, but best wishes for the coming year from me too, and many thanks for the goldmine of infortmation available in this forum. :thumbsup: :arty:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom