Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zeppelin Air not connecting via wireless

Discussion in 'iPod' started by tommy_banana, Apr 14, 2011.

1. tommy_banana

tommy_banana Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I brought a Zeppelin Air yesterday and the only way I've been able to connect it via wireless is by disabling the wireless security on the router.

However, I don't want to leave my router this way.

Anyone been able to connect the Air to a Netgear DG834G which is set up with "WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)"? I've tried setting the Air up manually and everything I can think off and it just won't work.

All my other devices, iPhones, iPods etc all connect wirelessly without a problem.
  2. Weetabix

Weetabix Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Hi tommy_banana,

The set-up process for the Zeppelin Air is "plug 'n' play", it should take no longer than 5 minutes and is only required the once to be seen as a network-attached speaker device.

Tips for ease of set-up:

Ensure the router is g standard or mixed not n,
    Ensure the router is not "hidden" and is fully "visible"
    Ensure the name of your network contains only alpha-numeric and not any special characters such as (!"£$%^&*)
    Ensure the name of your password is between 8-63 alpha-numeric characters & contains no special characters such as (!"£$%^&*)

The B&W trouble-shooter may assist you further: http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/iPo...d_Computer_Speakers/Zeppelin_Air/Support.html

If you are unable to complete the set-up, feel free to contact their wonderful technical support on FREEPHONE 0800 232 1513 where they will be happy to talk you through setting it up.

regards
  3. tommy_banana

tommy_banana Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, after a few hours of playing I eventually figured out it was all down to the fact the Air didn't like my original password. It has a problem with either the length or the characters used.

Spending £500 on a device which has this simple put very painful issue isn't too impressive so far.
  4. Weetabix

Weetabix Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Hi tommy_banana,

Glad you got it working ok though, it's not a deal breaker though, I'm sure B&W will address this in a software update in due course.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

regards
  5. rcadot

rcadot Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I just bought a Zeppelin Air and encounter same difficulties to set up the WiFi connection with my triple-play modem.

I may have the same problem than tommy_banana, as I have just spent the complete afternoon, trying desperately different wifi setups.

Tommy_banana, what was the issue with the password?

Thanks for your help

rcadot
  6. sarll

sarll Member

Ratings:
    +73
    Hi all

I've just ordered a Zeppelin Air, and my modem/router has just broken.

Any suggestions from users with no streaming problems as to what modem/router to purchase? I understand it needs to have a G mode....

Thanks
  7. Weetabix

Weetabix Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Hi Sarll,

Personally I'm using my Sky Sagem router which I've been using for a good 3-4 years, it's been exceptionally reliable and everything appears to join to it no problem at all (Mac Book Pro, iMac, Apple TV, iPads, Ipod Touch's, iPhone 4's, Zeppelin Air, HP Printer, PS3, Wii, Sky Anytime+ wireless adaptor)

A couple of my mates are using Apple Extreme and Express's with no issues from what they've said.

I've also heard from B&W tech guys that Cisco, Draytek & Buffalo are others worth considering too, however I've not had personal experience so cannot fully vouch.

regards
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  8. ewan walsh

ewan walsh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Spend 5 hours on this. Got it working. Setup seemed OK but purple light never when solid after blinking for more than 90 seconds.

Changed three things.
    1/ used firefox instead of IE as IE kept throwing errors when setting up router so figured perhaps it was causing issues with config of ZA.
    2/used supplied black cable and waited longer than time advised for each and every section
    3/ accessing Bowers & Wilkins Zeppelin Air setup via browser does not actually validate wifi network password, it mearly stores it and then tries to use it to connect to network whilst purple light is blinking. So figured that perhaps password storage was a problem inside air setup or storage process. Changed password on router from numerical+upper+lowercase-letters which was 10 characters long and changed to 8 character numeral only password ...and..... it worked.

Hope this helps.
    Ewan and Uncle Pete