Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha RX-V1067, RX-V2067 and RX-V3067 Owners Thread - Part 3.

Discussion in 'Integrated Amplifiers & Receivers' started by KUBBY, Jan 8, 2012.

1. stainedglass

stainedglass Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks davepuma, yes I have that remote too. the Harmony 1000, really slow remote but works to switch things on / off. I found a solution, the rx-v2067 has a 'trigger out' function that send a signal based on a set of simple rules to an external device to power it up.
  2. T3C

T3C Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Hi everyone,

Just looking for a bit of advice please? I went to mess about with my sub and wanted to do a REW sweep but couldn't really remember how to set my amp up so that it just sends my test tones to the sub.

I have 16hz-160hz mp3 tones, which I got from here sometime ago I think, stored on my Dune D1 which is connected to my V2067 via HDMI.

Any advice please?
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  3. markymiles

markymiles Active Member

Ratings:
    +320
    For rew you normally just plug your line out/speaker out from comp/laptop into the front l/r aux input on amp. Set amp to straight front speakers to small and crossover to max.

Disconnect front speakers if you only want sub and run sweep.

You can then connect fronts and adjust crossover if you want to see how the sub and fronts interact.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. T3C

T3C Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Thanks!

Silly me I forgot REW produces it's own sweep.
  5. crabby09

crabby09 Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Hi guys,

I've had my v2067 for 6 months and should probably have asked this earlier.

I have the KEF T305s attached to this amp... And I am looking for some settings advice! :D

I've done the YAPO... Definitely helps the sound stage... But bass is a bit lax in films (explosions etc). I know the sub has good base because I accidentally shorted it for a second when moving all my equipment to a cabinet (felt like my insides were turning to mince!). I know HOW to use all the settings, but I'm no audio expert so I'm worried I'm going to warp the sound.

Secondly, the t301s are by no means a LARGE speaker... So what settings do you guys use when listening to stereo music? Obviously, stereo is out of the question as I need the sub involved?

Thanks for any help!

crabby
  6. reevesy

reevesy Active Member

Ratings:
    +268
    yapo is a handy starting place but in my experience can sometimes sound very different to a manual set up

...speakers should be set to small....i'd do this manually if yapo has set them to large

regarding the sub you could try setting the subs volume/gain/level to around half way...set the cross over freq to around half way and set any phase to zero and...then run yapo again

....i.ve found the rears to be a bit lacking on auto set up so afterwards i just turned them up a bit in manual set up

cheers.
  7. crabby09

crabby09 Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Thanks,

I think my issue is that I don't know what things are MEANT to sound like :( I agree with the rears... But am very cautious with changing equalizer settings because I thought YAPO was meant to set that automatically.

crabby
  8. dante01

dante01 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,637
    The subwoofer's own onboard crossover must be turned to its maximum setting prior to running YPAO and not just halfway!
  9. dante01

Ratings:
    +4,637

If you need a bit of guidance regarding the bass management then this thread may be of some help:
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/av-a...peaker-settings-relation-bass-management.html
  10. script

script Member

Ratings:
    +76
    I'm looking at a 3067 for a mate as there seems to be couple still kicking around for sale,sound and vision have one for £799 but the 1067 is £50 more?

The 1067 is a "lower" model,yes?
  11. markymiles

markymiles Active Member

Ratings:
    +320
    I would grab it quickly. Yes the 1067 is two below the 3067.
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. zimbo000

zimbo000 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    YPAO has set my physically small speakers (but they give out lots of loud sound...!) to large: your comment indicates whatever speakers you have that you should override YPAO - can you please explain why?
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  13. DECKARD71

DECKARD71 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I get better sound (wider, to be specific) setting my front speakers as Large, as in fact the YPAO of my 2067 detects. I must be a rara avis who prefers setting them as large....
  14. jason1wood

jason1wood Member

Ratings:
    +141
    If they are set to large does that mean you won't have control of your crossover point with the sub though.
  15. DECKARD71

DECKARD71 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Well, I have Extra Bass enabled, so I make sure I am not missing any frequency. Believe me, it sounds much better TO ME
  16. dante01

Ratings:
    +4,637
    Why would you be missing frequencies with it turned off? All you are doing is by-passing the crossover for the front speakers. You can't use the Extra Bass option if you configure the front speakers as being SMALL and only works if the speakers are designated LARGE. You are basically outputting full range to your front speaker as well as a proportion of their frequencies (below 40Hz) to the sub. If you've small satellite speakers then what is the point of by passing the crossover and why not just let all frequrncies below the abilities of your speakers be sent to the sub? This setting used to be termed BOTH on older Yamaha amps.

If yo like it, then that's fine, but it isn't more accurate and you are not hearing frequencies you'd otherwise be missing ;)
  17. DECKARD71

DECKARD71 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi Dante

Agree. My front speakers are two columns Focal 726s, which are considered as Large by YPAO. I know that best practice is to set all as Small and set crossover at 80hz or 90hz (THX dixit) however I get better sound setting them as Large, especially for music
  18. DECKARD71

DECKARD71 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    With Front speakers set as Large, no freq is sent to the sub (apart from the LFE channel, obviously). By enabling Extra Bass I make sure that the sub also receives the freqs that front speakers receive but cannot handle
  19. dante01

Ratings:
    +4,637
    Yes, but this is happening even if the fronts are set as SMALL and the Extra Bass turned off. Frequencies are still diverted to the sub and the speakers are left to output the frequencies within their handling abilities. You kind of suggest you are getting more frequencies when you've the Extra Bass turned on? Not saying you shouldn't do it, but it is like pressing the loudess button on a cheap micro system :thumbsdow I spend my Saturdays roaming around Curry's electrical outlets painting mercury on all the loudness buttons :devil:

There's a range of low frequencies that are both output by the sub and your front speakers. It is this overlap that boosts the bass. You're not getting more frequencies, just some of them doubled over each other.
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  20. DECKARD71

DECKARD71 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I am not saying that I am getting more frequencies, of course, the sub will receive the lower freqs anyways (Small or Large+extra bass)

I am saying that my Front speakers sound much better when set as Large. And as I like them as Large, to make sure I do not miss any frequency because of that, I enable extra bass, otherwise I would miss the lowest freqs that Front speakers cannot handle
  21. reevesy

reevesy Active Member

Ratings:
    +268
    just revisited this thread.....previously i cocked up by saying half way setting on sub crossover....re-read the manual and it says crossover all the way up as i think dante said

...anyhow i decided to redo set up manually as i noticed auto set up had my sub as being 6 meters away when it's actually 3
    ..so redone with a sound meter...the only thing auto set up did accurately ....according to me meter....was the rears

i know it's meant to a guide/starting point but seems as things were quiet a bit off

might have a play with the prametric eq settings
    ....currently set as 'flat'

cheers
  22. martins8585

martins8585 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Guys - I've had my ipod hooked up to my Yamaha RX V3067 through a Yamaha dock and recently I've lost the "now playing view."

I get the "browse view" when the ipod is stopped from playing but when I select a track when this starts the screen on my TV goes blank.......

I've obviously pressed something somewhere and I can't see anything obvious in the manual to rectify this so any advise gratefully received!

Cheers
  23. 1998 R1

1998 R1 Member

Ratings:
    +36
    iphone app not working for me, i am networked as i can stream net radio,,, my iphone shows the correct ip address for the amp but just wont connect for some reason???

any ideas anyone??? help me!!
  24. MrCyberdude

MrCyberdude Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Try this as you havent told us what you have tried.
    1. Double click your iPhone home button to bring up the multiTasked icons.
    2. Press and hold on the icon until a small red minus sign appears.
    3. Press the small red minus to end the program.
    4. Re-launch the app and see if that fixes it.
  25. 1998 R1

1998 R1 Member

Ratings:
    +36
    Thanks for the reply cyberman. Just done what you suggested and still no response.

The app opens but when I press the rxv1067 button it just goes blue then returns white and nothing happens.

It's tells me that it can not find the amp even it is showing on the app screen???
  26. meduk1

meduk1 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Can anyone confirm if it is possible to have audio coming in through the phono inputs, whilst having video coming in and going out over HDMI, whilst in Pure Direct mode?
  27. martins8585

martins8585 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi - I apologise as I know this topic has been done to death with sony players but my RX V3067 has started behaving a little strange and I'm wondering if its developed a fault.

I've recently changed my bluray player to a Denon 2012 and I've set this to send the audio signal as bitstream.

When playing a bluray I press the "straight" button and my understanding is the reciever should then be decoding but I'm seeing PCM on the front display and not Dolby Tru-HD etc.

Any advice gratefully recieved.

Cheers
  28. markymiles

markymiles Active Member

Ratings:
    +320
    I would double check the Blu-ray settings. If it says PCM on the front panel then that is what it is receiving.
  29. martins8585

martins8585 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Marky - thanks for your reply.

I've double checked the bluray settings and the audio's definitely set to bitstream......

I'm thinking that there may be a problem with the player.

Cheers
    Martin
  30. martins8585

martins8585 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hi - sorted it. There's a mix audio setting that needs to be turned off that isn't on the main menu system........

I apologise for my original post.

Cheers
    Martin