Home Entertainment & Technology Resource

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha RX-A1030 or RX-A2020

Discussion in 'Integrated Amplifiers & Receivers' started by cpq, Aug 27, 2013.

1. cpq

cpq Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all.

I have my doubt about what to chose.

Setup:

We have a livingroom, size 5 X 6 M.
    Bose AM15 speekers.
    No need for multiroom, or 2. zone.

I can get the RX-A2020 for a bit less (150£) then the RX-A1030 so thats also in the consideration, and if I go for the RX-A1030 there is only a jump of 400£ to the RX-A2030 but would it be worth that for me in my setup, i have my doubts.

What sould i choose, Yamaha RX-A1030 or RX-A2020 ?
    Or even the RX-A2030 ?

Hope you have some input and/or som experience you want to chare :)

Cheers Henrik
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  2. PSM1

PSM1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,089
    Either reciever deserves better speakers than the bose to get the best from them. So you could save some money and get a lesser receiver with no issues. That said if it has to be one of the above then since the 2020 is cheaper and assuming it has all the features you need then get that one.
  3. cpq

cpq Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Right, Bose AM15 is a compromice a farily OK one but not even close to a full size speaker.
    Maby i get there when the kids are moving out, so that i get full size speekers agen :)

The reason that im consittering the "heavyduty" recivers is that i like the options, ajusteble sound felds and so on and maby in a couple of years get bigger speakers.
  4. PSM1

PSM1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,089
    It is not so much the size of the speakers but the quality of them. Something like the monitor audio apex range would be small but much better quality.
  5. cpq

cpq Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Any advise on some disent speekers that can be mounted on the wall like a bookshelve speeker?